• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    The oil gives the wood a rich and natural finish and protects it as well. Anything you spray on the wood can eventually begin to wear off and/or discolor. When I cleaned up the stock on my Garand a few years back, I rubbed wood oil into the stock and handguards to keep the wood's natural look and to keep the wood moisturized. To me, it is a better choice.

Thanks for the advice. What kind of oil would you recommend? Linseed, Tru-Oil, etc? I've actually got something called "George's Club House Wax" that I may try first.

4f4f451b078569c58b0ae7924cc4b7f4.jpg
    here's my mosin nagant I refinished today with linseed oil.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep. Boiled linseed oil.
    Tru-Oil is half oil and half varnish.

Wasn't thinking I didn't take before picutre. But it she looks much better then before.

Dan1612

Master
    Tried to decide whether to go to the 2 gun match or the meetup on Saturday. Tough choice. What say you?

Dan1612

Master
    Swap and shoot only happens once a year. Unfortunately I have to work.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    I know! But I LOVE 2 gun matches. It's the only thing I have a chance at winning against all you peashooters.
    But then it'd be really cool to run my AAC Recon with one of Ken's Suppressors.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I enjoy talking guns and sharing stories as much as the next guy but...2 gun match and I don't have to drive to Baker. Depends on the weather I guess.

Did not do much gun stuff today, but yesterday I did a few things. I ordered a whole bunch of vintage M16 parts from a company in Indiana. I also took updated pics of my KAC SR-25 Match/Mk11 Mod 0. I also order a Bulldog brand soft gun case from Sportsmans Guide for my newly acquired Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II.

ksenter

Master
    took a lunch trip over to Jims Firearms. Really cool shop with some great guns and accessories! I was all giddy

Skippy02

Marksman
    Installed an Apex kit and polished up another M&P, made a couple quick YouTube vids and carried my wife's G42 in its Jogan Custom Kydex holster for a couple days, you can almost forget it's even there

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

John B.

Master
    Went over to a buddy's house last night to shoot the proverbial bull... he's my age (mid 20's) and already has one hell of a collection.

Got to put my hands on an original, near mint Shiloh Sharps model 1874 45/70, pretty incredible technology for how old it is. When you set the second trigger to get the "light" trigger pull, wow.... much lighter than anything I own. He hasn't put a scale on it, but it has to be less than 1 pound. You breathe on it and it goes off. Very pretty gun.

Ryan

Master
    May 2nd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'll be there as long as my TRP is in. I don't have the right base plates on my 8 round mags to shoot them through my compact. The Wilson is going back to Dante.........................................................................

madeSICC88

Master
    temporary_1.jpg

Got my 2nd rifle put together for the most part, still need to get over to TennJeeps place one of these days and torque down the castle nut and time the muzzle brake correctly. Also still need to decided on a optic for it. Really liking the ALG hand guard, it's crazy easy to install and the fit is super tight.

Also really liking the Strike Industries charging handle, quality looks identical to the BCM and it's about $20 cheaper. Strike industries seems to make some quality stuff for a good price.

Top Bottom