• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Sacrificed another innocent P-Mag working on new stippling designs and patterns.

I'm convinced that the standard, classic dots & dimples is not only easier but best in all around feel, function and so forth.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I get picked on for the ones I use. But you can't argue with the fact that they become sticky. No chance of em slipping out of the hand.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Ordered a 300 BO upper to play with. I guess the next purchase will be a suppressor.

Dan1612

Master
    Ordered a 300 BO upper to play with. I guess the next purchase will be a suppressor.
    Good for you!
    Nate was gracious enough to let me shoot some , and honestly, supers sound like a nail gun and subs sound like a staple gun. Without a suppressor, 300blk is just a 30-30 or x39, but with a can, it's everything the MP5 should've been. Awesome!

Last edited:

Skippy02

Marksman
    I've got a couple of A2 grips you can have
    Deal! I've already wrecked my collection

Lol

But seriously some of them died horrible deaths in the beginning

Skippy02

Marksman
    I get picked on for the ones I use. But you can't argue with the fact that they become sticky. No chance of em slipping out of the hand.
    I've done 2 of my personal guns and 5 for other people so far but have had a few requests for different design or formats if you will, Dragons Skin and Tree Bark for example. So I've been experimenting buy in unimpressed although, my wife likes the soft gentle tree bark which means her G42 is gonna get it no doubt...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah Dan. Dazee let me shoot one of his a couple of years ago and it's been in the back of my mind ever since.

Dan1612

Master
    I've done 2 of my personal guns and 5 for other people so far but have had a few requests for different design or formats if you will, Dragons Skin and Tree Bark for example. So I've been experimenting buy in unimpressed although, my wife likes the soft gentle tree bark which means her G42 is gonna get it no doubt...

You should post some pics, I like tree bark but didn't know that I knew anyone who could do it.

Last edited:

Skippy02

Marksman
    You should post some pics, I like tree bark but didn't know that I knew anyone who could do it.
    9f58335e44dada27f506a970026f8d7c.jpg
    1bf8db15a4b50b09aa76b22a13cd68cb.jpg

Dan this is the example piece I show n tell at my local gun shop for those who are interested. Not sure how well these pics express the texture and such but none the less...

madeSICC88

Master
    Sold a rifle, also probably lost my friendship with TennJeep.
    He was meeting up with a member to sell him a rifle. I was joining them to look at a EOTech that TennJeep had and he had wanted me to bring my rifle for him to check out as well. He ended up liking mine and while it was nice to sell the rifle I kind of felt like a asshole for kind of snaking the sale from him.
    But TennJeep was awesome and just wanted his friend to get a rifle he really liked.
    Don't see to many people like that these days.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Sold a rifle, also probably lost my friendship with TennJeep.
    He was meeting up with a member to sell him a rifle. I was joining them to look at a EOTech that TennJeep had and he had wanted me to bring my rifle for him to check out as well. He ended up liking mine and while it was nice to sell the rifle I kind of felt like a asshole for kind of snaking the sale from him.
    But TennJeep was awesome and just wanted his friend to get a rifle he really liked.
    Don't see to many people like that these days.

You owe me a beer, so we can still be friends. Thanks for the kind words.

I had a good day at the range with two friends. One of them purchased/pieced together a very nice rifle. Sold some AR parts and then listed a couple complete AR's for sale. Someone hurry up and buy them so I can fund an open gun!

Rapier

Marksman
    Glory be, got the last of the cabinets sprayed and installed in the shop, 45 boxes in total hung and set. Now I need to build three counter tops. I have three built and set.

This is the reloading room cabinets with the shooting bench / window.
    Ed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      50.4 KB · Views: 169

madeSICC88

Master
    Ordered a few WC parts to get my 1911 up and running properly.
    Also learned from a member over the weekend that my Bolt on one of my ARs was in need of some TLC so I ordered a rebuild kit and ordered a whole new bolt just to have around.
    And got some rubber Talon grips for my Shield ordered too.

makai55

Shooter
    MadeSIC and TennJeep: I'll buy you both a beer (or three)! I had a great time shooting with you both, and went home with a sweet rifle. Special thanks to TennJeep for going out of his way to make sure I got exactly what I wanted (and tricked out with a few extras as well). I just ordered a 1-4 scope, a mount, and some p-mags for it. Can't wait to get it sighted in and put it through its paces. Name the time and place, and I'll bring the beers! Some great people on this forum!

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I got word from a buddy that Powder Valley received some Titegroup and even had 8# jugs for about $145ish. By the time I got to their website, it was gone. Looks like plenty of HS-6 an Longshot are in stock.

I did notice that they are carrying a generic (bulk/imported) powder by the name of Shooters world. Powders are making a slow comeback, but just in case there are any folks looking for 'something' this stuff looks promising. They supply some decent load data and have ranked their various powders on a burn rate chart.

Link to Shooters world product page: http://www.shootersworldsc.com/propellants#burn

Just in case someone forgot the link to Powder Valley: http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

merkinman

Marksman
    Finished up putting together 3 Christmas AR's for the family. Next week get to have my parts replaced, just wanted kids to have a good year. After next week will be wondering if I can still shoot 1500?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I sold 2 guns yesterday, so now I've got enough cash in hand to buy an open gun. The hard part is waiting on a good deal to come along and not just jumping at the first one I see that I like.

Top Bottom