• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Hit the range up this AM. Put a few hundred rounds through my shield and then a about 150 through my 1911 before I drop it off.
    It was peefect out there. Not even a drop of sweat.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Drove back from JAX fondling my new to me S&W New Model 3 in .44 Russian! :rockon:

Django

Master
    Made it to the range today. Perfect weather. I finally got to shoot my, new to me, 12" .357mag Interarms Dragoon. That thing is awesome!

Snow Bird

Master
    Went to the range today with the Range Officer and shot a couple hundred rounds through it. At about the 150 round mark I had alittle talk with her and we came to an undrestanding and it started shooting right where I pointed her.
    Shot reloads,hollow points 2diffrent brands and weight bullets and had no fail to feed or eject. At the end I was shooting clay targets at 25 yards and hitting them about half the time
    Now for the trigger job. Shoots as well as I thought it would, Now if I can just forget that damn buzzer.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Gave in to temptation and now this little gem is on the way...

Attachments

• pix480547408.jpg
      pix480547408.jpg
      107.8 KB · Views: 156
    Here is a shocker for you guys. I picked up an AR this evening. It has an older ban-era Bushmaster C7 upper (mid to late ‘90s) with a tear drop forward assist and a 14.5" B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR barrel with a pinned and welded AK-74 type brake on it. This is the way Bushmaster made the barrel assembly in order to comply with the ban. The brake will be changed out soon to a BCM A2X FH. The lower is a DPMS with a mil-spec 4-pos. CAR stock assembly. It has a SureFire M500A Car15 / M4 Carbine Tactical Dedicated Forend Flashlight. It also came with an Aimpoint M16 Carrying Handle Mount. I need to score an older Aimpoint Comp M2 with the QRP mount for it now. Overall, it is in really good condition. I will post some pics tomorrow.

ETA: Here are the pics.

Last edited:

poff09

Marksman
    Did a quick ammo inventory...was sadly disappointed in my stash and in myself for letting it get so low

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Did a quick ammo inventory...was sadly disappointed in my stash and in myself for letting it get so low

sometime ago, i made the same conclusion....now i buy ammo every week

I have made it my practice for many years to always buy more ammo than you shoot. If you shoot 300 rounds, buy 500 rounds. Also, I have ammo set aside for special purposes (if you know what I mean) and I have ammo for just shooting. After buying ammo (various calibers) for the past 11 1/2 years, I am not hurting whatsoever.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I finally got a chance to pick up my new open gun yesterday afternoon. I removed the grip tape the previous owner had installed, but it left all sorts of residue. I was able to get most of it off this morning, thanks to a lot of acetone. I got it all put back together a few minutes ago.

335a2fcc9180c7143d2310dc4c87aebb.jpg

I'm not sure if I like the wedge mainspring housing and the Dawson magwell. I might be swapping those parts out soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Digging the fish scales! It's almost like there's a 1911 in there somewhere. Very nice!
    So today, I was going to shoot idpa, and realized that I'm completely out of pistol target ammo, and suddenly Walmart got twice as far from my house and the bed covers got really really heavy.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Digging the fish scales!

It's the medium textured Phoenix Trinity Stainless Grip. I love the feel of it, except the thickness of the trigger guard. Compare the thickness of the PT vs the plastic SV grip I double undercut:

20150806_191147_zpshn5w3zai.jpg

20151024_093116_zps3w2v8t02.jpg

I'm extremely tempted to break out the dremel and make it look more like these:

8064D73B-343B-49A0-84FD-4EC9986354FC_zps49b97a51.jpg

15209850479_5d5512341f_c.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    You know you're going to. Might as well get to it.
    So the grip and triggerguard are one piece? Interesting.

ChrisC

Master
    I finally got a chance to pick up my new open gun yesterday afternoon. I removed the grip tape the previous owner had installed, but it left all sorts of residue. I was able to get most of it off this morning, thanks to a lot of acetone. I got it all put back together a few minutes ago.

335a2fcc9180c7143d2310dc4c87aebb.jpg

I'm not sure if I like the wedge mainspring housing and the Dawson magwell. I might be swapping those parts out soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

you just love malfunction drills don't you! Haha J/K. Sweet blaster. Hope to see it in action soon. Congrats!

Top Bottom