• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Bought a Norinco SKS today. Near as I can tell it's a 1972, but I'm certainly no expert. It's got plenty of cosmoline (sp) on it so probably next weekend before I can start to clean it up. Looks to be in nice shape so I'm pretty excited!

LowRiderRed

Master
    Spike, blade or no bayo?
    Bayonet has been removed. Shape of the groove leads me to believe it was a spike. Looking forward to learning about this thing. Oh yeah and I gotta find some stripper clips PDQ. It does have the cleaning kit and rod, but no sling either.

ksenter

Master
    assembled an AR for a friend last night. Spikes upper and lower receivers with spikes enhanced lower build kit with KNS pins and ambi selector, WMB NiB bolt assembly and BCM Gunfighter CH Mod3 I believe, rainier arms 16" 1/8 5.56 stainless barrel with BCM lo-pro gas block and melonited gas tube, midlength. Used a spikes buffer assembly with t2 buffer and magpul CTR stock in FDE. Ergo grip, FDE MI keymod rail, quick disconnec assembly on rail, and tapco sling plate.

Turned out really really nice and looked great! Super easy build with only 1 small hiccup. The BCM gas block was impossible to get down the barrel without marring the stainless surface so some quick friction with 400grit paper inside the block made for a super tight fit with no marring of barrel upon assembly.

Wish I had taken pictures, pretty jazzed how well it turned out.

Skippy02

Marksman
    85b53ddaa3e94edb81fd4b1de2611be0.jpg

Built this yesterday for a friend of a friend

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Shot a few groups this morning.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      154.5 KB · Views: 325
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      153.6 KB · Views: 290
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      220.5 KB · Views: 384
    Had a somewhat busy day. After taking care of grocery shopping and lunch, I went over to Ron's Place to finally pick up my upper from Patrick Bussey. While there, I had a friend of mine meet me so that I could get his AR from him. He had a problem with the BCG sticking and could not get it loose. Well, I got it home and proceeded to work on it. I tapped out the BCG with a punch and hammer. I did not take much to break it free. When I did manage to get a look at everything, I found the worst case of filth I have ever seen inside of an AR. One the outside, there were light rust spots on the barrel, FH, handguard endcap, rear sight, and the plunger on the stock. The bolt carrier and bolt were cruddy and the gas key had rust on the inside. I worked on the outside first with some steel wool to take the rust spots and came back with by bluing pen and applied a light coat on the affected areas. Went back over it with steel wool and applied a light coat of oil and wipes off the excess. I then went after the inside. After running a brush down the bore, I flushed it with Gun Scrubber. You should have seen the brown liquid coming out from the muzzle. Anyhow, the barrel is clean and a swap with some CLP was run down the barrel to give it some protection, I cleaned up the BCG, or so I thought. After lubing it and re-installing the BCG, it was still sticking. After a little thought, I put some CLP inside the gas key and re-installed the BCG again. It was STILL sticking. After knocking it loose again, I saw some brown liquid on the gas tube. HELLO. A sign that rust was on the inside of the gas key. I then took out my handy Dremel tool and a small grinding bit and cleaned out the gas key. I put some more CLP in it and ran a pipe cleaner in and out a few times. Well, after everything was done, it is now working great. By the way, this is an old Essential Arms carbine (cast FSB and lower receiver). I did some work on it several years ago as well. He had a problem with it double-tapping. I replaced the fire control group and no more problems. Being a friend of mine, all of the labor is free. I think after what I did today, he is going to owe me an ice-cold Diet Dr. Pepper.

Skippy02

Marksman
    aff3b39412103a8dcabcdc99dd559f2b.jpg

Converted this Colt to a free float set up this afternoon

madeSICC88

Master
    haven't done much gun stuff lately, too much i want/want to do, and cant decide what should take priority. still need to get some time to take my 1911 to TGD to get refinished. also getting the AR itch again and think im going to do a lightweight build. been looking at parts all morning. The 2a receiver set is calling my name.
    Will hopefully get some stuff for that during the BF sales

Just came back from the range with my 605 clone, the Bushmaster/DPMS AR that I got a few weeks ago, the Glock 43, and the SIG P238 Nitron. I literally had a blast. The 605 rocked. The Bushmaster/DPMS did great. I had some difficulty zeroing the Aimpoint M2 with that carrying handle mount, but I finally got it squared away at got the M2 zeroed. The G43 and the P238 are fantastic pistols. I love them.

Here is the Bushmaster/DPMS now.

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Had the grandsons for the weekend and yesterday I took them around back with their air rifles, my 22 pistols a revolver and a semi-auto and my PT111 G2.
    My youngest only wanted to shoot his air rifle while big brother wanted to shoot the revolver as well as his air rifle while I shot a few rounds through all three pistols. Had fun but once all the guns were cleaned I had to take them back to their @#$% mother.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Picked up a few k of Wolf Gold. Read and heard nothing but good about the stuff but fingers crossed my ARs like their flavor

Last edited:

Skippy02

Marksman
    38a5a5fb5bc98b578d55e7335e9ca990.jpg

Worked on the trigger of this Canik TP9SA

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom