• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    I finally got the last gun parts for the son's gift ordered, a match set of barrel and bushing from Ed Brown in SS for the custom SS .45 Ruger Commander. Now excep for the presentation case it is almost ready. I need to get the knife sheath and grips to the engraver. The bone grips just came back from Knife and Gun where I had the bone stabilized. The holster has been engraved and the belt with mag pouches is at the engraver having the wings dive bubble and patches engraved. I am thinking about putting a coin silver plate insert in the right stag grip of the new Puma SS Skinner with his initials engraved in black on that. I need to find a nice blue lined gun-knife case with glass to be engraved.
    Ed

rtprthd

Master
    I'm nominating you for GCGF Father of the Year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah don,the JP + the NiB BCG makes for some quiet stuff. Seems to have less(what I call) bolt bounce also. The spring seems to compress/uncompress at an even rate. This could simply be what I'm wishin' I'm feeling though.

If I end up liking this one .... my 308/AR is next. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Installed my JP Silent Captured Spring (JPSCS-15) in my night gun today. (Bison 18" 6.8SPCII.) I put in a AR Gold trigger awhile back. Have not shot the gun yet,but cycled by hand. This action is super quiet. --- SAWMAN

Those are really nice, a few buddies at work have installed them, I think I may put one in my 6920 when I re-barrel it next month.

Yeah don,the JP + the NiB BCG makes for some quiet stuff. Seems to have less(what I call) bolt bounce also. The spring seems to compress/uncompress at an even rate. This could simply be what I'm wishin' I'm feeling though.

If I end up liking this one .... my 308/AR is next. --- SAWMAN

I REALLY like my JP SCS. I bought the tuning kit with it and I've got the lightest spring installed on my multi-gun rifle. Between that light spring, the low mass Voodoo carrier, the 18" rifle gas barrel and adjustable gas block, that thing shoots incredibly soft.

I still need to get my hands on an AR Gold trigger, though. I've heard amazing things about them.

Dan1612

Master
    Tried the gold. Too creepy. A
    SD-E or WC M2 FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    What gas block are you using? I wanted to do a lightweight carrier too and have been looking at adjustable blocks too.

Your rifle is definitely one of the smoothest/ well balanced rifles I've ever shot.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    What gas block are you using? I wanted to do a lightweight carrier too and have been looking at adjustable blocks too.

Your rifle is definitely one of the smoothest/ well balanced rifles I've ever shot.

IIRC, it's a Seekins. Check out Red Barn Armory and Joe Bob Outfitters for some inexpensive adjustable gas blocks.

madeSICC88

Master
    Seekins was the one I was looking at getting. I looked at the BTE ones as well as I read they were pretty well made.

Dan1612

Master
    Isn't it fully adjustable where you can take out all of the creep?
    Maybe, I have no idea really. There was one in a shop in a dummy lower, i remember being horrified, but then it may not have been optimally setup.

SAWMAN

Master
    TJ, I have two AR Gold triggers now. Both are great ..... HOWEVER ..... one is little bit better than the other. Could be other than the trigger pack that influances this. I have one in a Bushmaster lower and one in a Spikes lower. I have a Seekins safety in the Spikes and something else(can't remember)in the BM.

NO agjustments in the AR Gold. I usually polish the trigger and hammer pins on my "ordinary" guns but AR Gold sends you the pins with instructions to USE THEM !! So I didn't frick with 'em. I did use some grease on them in a couple of other locations on BOTH of the triggers though.

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    not today, not yesterday, but the day before, Tuesday, I went shooting. SRSC of course was closed being a Tuesday so me and my buddy went to Styx. Took my m44 carbine, 6.8spc AR, rem700, and my dads Win 22wmr.
    The m44 is a bruiser, without question. I shot 1 wrap of ammo, 20 rounds, and put it away. My goodness!
    We then shot the 6.8spc for groups and was satisfied with what was moa or better at 100yds and put it away. That was the last time I shot the 6.8 as mine as my buddy purchased the upper from me and finished paying me after shooting it.
    So, we robbed the scope off of that and installed, leveled, and bore-sighted (looking through bore and matching to target through scope) on the remington 700 and got to work. First shot, no laser, no crazy technique, was on paper and only about 4 inches off zero. So we zeroed in within the next 3 shots and went through 40 rounds on the new remy. We shot a few rounds, pushed some patches through, and repeated until 40 rounds were through. Groups were great with 150 and 180grain Federal ammo. Anywhere from 1.5-.75" it seemed but we werent trying to shoot for groups so much at this point, just running rounds through the new gun. I didnt do any adjustments to the trigger before we went as I wanted to shoot it "as is" out the box. Excited about this gun and will be making improvements in the near future.
    My dads Win 22wmr was a hoot to shoot. I dont recall the exact model at this time, but wooden stock, bolt action, iron sights with hooded front sight and a tack driver at 50yds. Was able to place round after round on or near bullseye of a shoot n c target repeatedly. Was a welcome shooter after shooting the m44 and the 308, hah!

Ended the day at Twin Peaks with wings and beer and thoroughly enjoyed my day.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Yesterday I picked up a couple guns, helped coach a brand new handgun owner/shooter on some of the basic fundamentals, and watched him put a few rounds downrange very accurately. This afternoon I'm going to do a little dry-fire and get ready to do some 9mm load development this weekend.

Rapier

Marksman
    I talked through my to be modifications to my safe room for the dehumidifier, I need to put in a vent for the water run off to keep it running. Contractor stopped by and he had a solution.
    Ed

bohica793

Master
    Picked up the lower for my Grendel upper. After using a different lower last weekend to shoot the Grendel, I decided it needed its own.

Dan1612

Master
    Picked up the lower for my Grendel upper. After using a different lower last weekend to shoot the Grendel, I decided it needed its own.
    It's funny how complete uppers will sprout their own lowers.

madeSICC88

Master
    Ordered a few small parts for a rifle. Was planning on getting a barrel ordered but none of the ones on my list are in stock right now and it was so so hard not to just order something similar and in stock. I am so impatient with stuff like that but I am going to try and hold off until one of them come back in. Might not be able to do it though.
    Will probably get the hand guard ordered as that's the only big piece I need that is in stock anywhere.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Did yall see all the gun bills passing committees in tally?

Florida Report: BIG Day for Gun Owners in Florida -- Four Victories
    DATE: January 28, 2016
    TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

ACTION ON GUN BILLS TODAY, Thursday, January 28, 2016

IN THE HOUSE:

HB-163, Open Carry by Rep. Matt Gaetz was heard in the House Judiciary Committee and PASSED by a Vote of 12-4. All Republicans and one Democrat voted in favor of the bill.

It was a 2 1/2 hour hearing during which opponents of the bill, primarily the Florida Sheriffs Association, tried unsuccessfully to gut the bill.

HB-163 is a bill to allow persons with a Concealed Weapons & Firearms License to carry firearms concealed or openly which will prevent CW license holders from being charged with the crime of violating the "Open Carry" law because a concealed firearm, being legally carried, accidentally or inadvertently becomes visible to the sight of another person.

The amendment -- to gut the bill -- proposed by the Florida Sheriffs Association was defeated soundly defeated.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, a skilled Second Amendment leader, carried the day on open carry and the bill now moves to the floor of the Florida House.

IN THE SENATE:

Final Passage of three important bills today on the Senate Floor. All three bills now go to the House.

HB-344, Stand Your Ground/Burden of Proof by Sen. Rob Bradley PASSED THE SENATE 24-12

SB-344 restores the Stand Your Ground law to the original intent of the Legislature by putting the burden of proof BACK ON THE STATE where it belongs.

Through court action, prosecutors and courts have reversed the self-defense law that gives immunity from arrest, detaining in custody, charging and prosecuting until and unless an investigation reveals there is probable cause to believe the act was not lawful self-defense. They created a special "Stand Your Ground" that forces the victim to prove innocence rather than the state prove guilt. This bill stops that.

SB-130, Unlawful Discharge by Sen. Garrett Richter PASSED THE SENATE 37-0.

SB-130 is clarifying language that adds a subsection (4) to existing law to prohibit the recreational discharge of firearms in residential neighborhoods that have a density of one or more dwellings per acre.

It specifically exempts recreational discharge if "under the circumstances, the discharge does not pose a reasonably foreseeable risk to life, safety, or property."

SB-228, Mandatory Minimum Sentences by Sen. Aaron Bean PASSED THE SENATE 38-0

This bill removes aggravated assault from the 10-20-Life Mandatory Minimum Sentences.

Prosecutors have been wrongfully using 10-20-Life to prosecute people who are exercising self-defense. This bill stops prosecutors from trying to put people in prison for 10 years if they show a gun to scare off an attacker or 20 years for firing a warning shot.

Members online

Top Bottom