• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Good step, but how long until that becomes the law of our land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Goes to the full house now and expected to pass.

Dan1612

Master
    Sweet! Let's hope that's the case.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Nope we got it all, just depends on the slight nuances and what come out in the end. Strapem on boys!

I am finally getting around to building another AR using the LaRue Tactical 18" barrel kit I won back before Christmas. With the few guns I have sold lately, I have had a little bit of money to get started. I just ordered a BCM A5 buffer assembly, a MFT Battlelink Minimalist Stock, an ADM RECON-X 30mm mount (for my VORTEX Strike Eagle 1-6x24 scope), a FORTIS SHIFT short angled grip (keymod), and the FORTIS SWITCH 556 Rail System 14 handguard. I recently got in my Seekins Precision bolt catch/release, a NORGON Ambi-Catch (ambi-magazine release), and a Battle Arms Development Enhanced Model magazine release.

I still am waiting on a few other things from B.A.D. to get back in stock before I order them and the B.A.D. Lightweight billet receiver set.

ksenter

Master
    me, my daughter, and my best bud went to Crestview today to checkout Precision Tactical. Pretty nice place with some neat wares that not everyone, or anyone else, around carries. Saw some BCM, Odin, SLP, Surefire, Warne, Badger, etc in stock that you normally dont see much of at other places. Got off to a rocky start with the bigger fella but he warmed up and opened up conversation more as we talked with him. The younger guy, the manager IIRC, was excellent in his customer service. They do some really cool stuff there from RMR slide cuts, slide re-profiling, threading, cerakoting, etc. They also had some silencers in stock as well. Its just south of I10 on 85. Not a whole lot else other than AR goodies other than the lil bit here and there. They really are focused on the AR market.

While there, I purchased a Magpul Hunter stock and bottom magwell set for my Rem700. Came home and fitted them very easily and quickly. Typical magpul quality, there were no issues whatsoever. Definitely like the look and feel of the setup.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Spent some time at the range sighting in a rifle and running some pistol drills. Then picked up some parts from Nate at Little Jacks Guns. Great guy to deal with as always.
    I've been to Precision Tactical a few times before, there new place is pretty cool and they do some awesome gun stuff. I enjoyed shooting with the staff last year in their 2 gun matches.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I went to the range for a couple hours this morning and got a lot accomplished. I chrono'd 4 test loads and determined my new USPSA/IDPA 9mm load. I also zero'd the Vortex Spitfire on one of my AR's, tested both birdshot and slugs in a shotgun, and tested some handguns for function. I think I'm going to sell my XDm 5.25. I love the way it feels, I just consistently shoot my G34 better. They both serve basically the same purpose, so one of them is going to have to go.

Ryan

Master
    Jeep did you get the XDM back or is it a different one?

today I got my "soe style" belt while I wait for my real soe belt. the one I got today is about 4 inches short so they're going to return it since they cut it wrong.

Doing some wheeling and dealing today. Feels like a good day to do some trading and hopefully some range time tomorrow.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Did you get the new spitfire or the original style?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This one is the original version. I bought it before the new ones came out. I've had it for a month or so and finally got it zeroed.

Jeep did you get the XDM back or is it a different one?

Different one. Ever since I sold the last one, I wished that I had it back. This one even has the PRP Ulti-Match trigger, but the targets don't lie. I shot it and my G34 side-by-side and I shot the 34 better. Could be because I'm used to it, I dunno.

Garpo

Master
    I think I'm going to sell my XDm 5.25. I love the way it feels, I just consistently shoot my G34 better. They both serve basically the same purpose, so one of them is going to have to go.

If it was a 45acp I'd have to break into my piggybank and buy it. Yes, it does feel great and seems to be a natural pointer.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Went to gun show, got my feels all hurt, don't know why I even bother...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    made a few more holsters, had a few guys show up to get some holsters made as well. Then went into town and delivered some holsters. Came home and rearranged the competition belt and converted all the mag pouches to the CZ mags so I can run production now. Now off to dry-fire to make sure everything's in the right place.

Dan1612

Master
    I finally got home. And handled my preciouses. As much fun as my trip was, it feels good to be home!

Top Bottom