• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    spent all morning in the shop cranking out holsters! And just when I was almost caught up, had 2 more guys swing by and drop off more orders... busy busy busy

MarkS

Master
    Reloaded some 7.62x25 hot. I want to break the 1900 fps barrier with the 86 grain bullet out of the cz 52.

I've got to build a roof over my shooting bench to try stopping the brass from flying off 30 to 40 feet behind me into the grass and leafs when I shoot my CZ52
    Then maybe I can find enough of it to make reloading more cost effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    spent all morning in the shop cranking out holsters! And just when I was almost caught up, had 2 more guys swing by and drop off more orders... busy busy busy

sounds like someone is praying for you to prosper....:angel:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    ^ nope. Yours keeps getting pushed aside for REAL customers. (I mean, people I actually like) But really, yours might have been one of the ones that got done today. Got 7 of 'em finished up this afternoon....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    ^ nope. Yours keeps getting pushed aside for REAL customers. (I mean, people I actually like) But really, yours might have been one of the ones that got done today. Got 7 of 'em finished up this afternoon....

It better not be a rush job. I expect serious quality.

madeSICC88

Master
    Went out to the range this AM, was hoping I'd be able to get rid of the last 6 mags worth of steel .223 I have, but no, about 2 shots into my 3rd mag I got a awesome stuck case. Luckily I remembered to bring a cleaning rod to push it out.....well I thought I did. Left it on my kitchen counter.
    Shot 150 or so through the shield and called it a day. Beautiful morning out there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Tested my newly cut down and threaded Ruger American .308 for accuracy with suppressor mounted. Took its previous accurate load + some other powder charge weights with same bullet to the range. Its previous accuracy load was still the most accurate. I am happy with how it turned out. Of course the shorter bbl = lower velocity, but I still have plenty of power for my purposes.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Went out to the range this AM, was hoping I'd be able to get rid of the last 6 mags worth of steel .223 I have, but no, about 2 shots into my 3rd mag I got a awesome stuck case. Luckily I remembered to bring a cleaning rod to push it out.....well I thought I did. Left it on my kitchen counter.
    Shot 150 or so through the shield and called it a day. Beautiful morning out there.

Give me a call next time. Would sure beat going home to get it out.

Gas Port

Master
    Bought some primers and powder today. Got brass to sort and tumble but that can wait till later this week.

wildrider666

Master

Bare steel or coated? What firearm is not extracting? Thanks

madeSICC88

Master
    It's bare Tula, its through my Ar15, its a stag upper. I've used the coated stuff like Monarch and never have a problem that I can remember.

SAWMAN

Master
    Hey Bruce, -----> the 125's @ 2500 ..... you are the proud inventor of the very first 300BLK +P. Have bbl stamped accordingly.

I am considering doing somewhat the same with a Ruger American Compact,only with a .224" bore,1:10 twist,with a 55gr at 3700fps. (No supp though)Got the paperwork in to have a patent on the name ---> "Hamma Slamma". --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Hey Bruce, -----> the 125's @ 2500 ..... you are the proud inventor of the very first 300BLK +P. Have bbl stamped accordingly.

I am considering doing somewhat the same with a Ruger American Compact,only with a .224" bore,1:10 twist,with a 55gr at 3700fps. (No supp though)Got the paperwork in to have a patent on the name ---> "Hamma Slamma". --- SAWMAN

So far, the accuracy load is averaging 2425fps at 4' from the chronograph with Nosler 125gr BT...still a couple hundred fps faster than my Blackouts with the same bullet. Next step: improve trigger pull and see if the action/bbl can be better centered in the stock (I don't believe it was torqued right at the gunshop, as I was able to snug up one of the action screws...better will be torquing it properly and evenly. Will check when I can come to your house.

RackinRay

Master
    Got out with some work buddies to shoot on some land one owns in Al. We busted some caps! LOL

I had failures with two guns that I knew I should have addressed the causes before running them to sight in, but procrastinated. One was failure to check and ensure mount on Ruger 22/45 lite had loc-tite on the base screws, they did not of course. Second avoidable was trying to sight in a rifle with a BCD scope on it that I did not have directions to, and it has been many years since I fooled with BCD scopes. Came home and it now wears a simpler Nikon 2-7 that I bet I like better. Last failure was not foreseen, and I hope I figured it out. It was on a 10-22. More later, if my fix fails I may be seeking some assistance and insights!

wildrider666

Master
    Got out with some work buddies to shoot on some land one owns in Al. We busted some caps! LOL

I had failures with two guns that I knew I should have addressed the causes before running them to sight in, but procrastinated. One was failure to check and ensure mount on Ruger 22/45 lite had loc-tite on the base screws, they did not of course. Second avoidable was trying to sight in a rifle with a BCD scope on it that I did not have directions to, and it has been many years since I fooled with BCD scopes. Came home and it now wears a simpler Nikon 2-7 that I bet I like better. Last failure was not foreseen, and I hope I figured it out. It was on a 10-22. More later, if my fix fails I may be seeking some assistance and insights!

If you can't find info for the BDC Scope. Post the specs and maybe someone has them and will make a copy for you.

Dan1612

Master
    Got my new carry.
    Turns out the frame IS gray after all, and I really like it, the medallions have to go though. What do you guys think, black gray or sterling?
    (Yes, that's oil. Lol. )
    f6cfcd30386175a194469ab2b8c5c856.jpg

328d6bd45eca95b90eaa5c17c7f8a986.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Got my barrel ordered for my next rifle, low mass carrier, and pins. Upper is all done aside from sights and optic. Still figuring it what way I want to go with that.

also got my first Emerald Coast Concealment holster in the mail today. Definitely lives up to its reputation, retention and cant is perfect.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom