• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Ordered a reduced power set of recoil springs and reducer power hammer spring kit for the Range Officer and 2000 185 grain bullets for the 45.

Well, I have been busy lately ordering a bunch of AR parts. I have the lower arriving Thursday for the 604 build I started. I have a 11.5" barrel assembly on is way from ADCO Firearms, a M16 BCG from DS Arms, and a CAR stock assembly from Model 1 Sales for the A2 Commando I am building. I also just ordered a bunch of spare AR parts for my storage bin. Nothing like keeping busy building ARs for myself. :smile:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Sitting here staring at websites trying to decide whether I want to build another 5.56 or give a 6.8 a try. I sold my hunting rifle a couple months back and I really want to get back into hunting in the next couple years when my little girl gets older. I already have a complete lower built, with a stripped upper with bcg and ch. So I guess if I go with the 6.8 I only need a barrel, bolt, mags, gas tube handguard and low pro gas block. Ahhh decisions decisions

madeSICC88

Master
    Got the Seekins handguard I've been waiting for for a while. Thanks to TennJeep, I even got it for $30-40 less then what most places wanted for it.

Feels great, ultra lightweight and slim.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Exile machine...thanks madeSICC88. I could not for the life of me remember that website the other day. They do have great prices.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Haha I was planning on getting it from Primary Arms right after they had put it on their site, I was trying to hold out for SWFA because they had it for $150. Exile was like $145 shipped. All their Seekins handguard were awesome prices.
    It's a nice handguard.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Haha I was planning on getting it from Primary Arms right after they had put it on their site, I was trying to hold out for SWFA because they had it for $150. Exile was like $145 shipped. All their Seekins handguard were awesome prices.
    It's a nice handguard.

Let me know what you think of that NOXs. I was contemplating either that in the 12" or a Diamondhead VRS-T in 13.5". Either way I will be ordering from that site you linked. Cheapest I've seen

madeSICC88

Master
    Will do, its probably going to be a while before I finish buying parts though, taking my time on this one (not because I want to).I can post some better pics though if you want to get an idea of it. The pics online aren't very good.

Dan1612

Master
    This morning, I purchased a trigger for my 556 since the 300blk SBR borrowed it's trigger and doesn't want to give it back. I've been wanting to try the 3Gun trigger anyway. It's still 2 stage like my M2s, but a little mushier, a little lighter, and with a super short reset. We'll see.
    488517be8ba86ebd8dbef55094e61728.jpg

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    My FIL has been in town for the last few days and showed an interest when I mentioned how quickly I can load ammo now on my 650 with the bullet feeder. He left this morning, so I set my press up last night, talked him through the process and ran through 100 rounds to show him how it looked.

Today I ordered some extra Glock spring cups to have around because I always seem to come dangerously close to losing at least one every time I try to install them. I'm hoping to have time tonight to explore my non-free falling CZ mag issues.

MarkS

Master
    Tried to sight in a Simmons scope that came on the Remington Sportsman 74 my pa-n-law gave me, should of know better than to waste the ammo but at least I know the rifle groups well. Now I need to buy a decent scope for it and be ready to use it some next hunting season

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm hoping to have time tonight to explore my non-free falling CZ mag issues.

I played around with all of my CZ mags yesterday and here's what I came up with: All of the factory 18 round SP-01 magazines shoot out of the gun with no problem. 1 of my 3 chrome plated CZ/Mec Gar mags falls free and 2 of my 7 anti-friction coated Mec Gar mags fall free (most of the time). I couldn't find any differences in the dimensions of the Mec Gars that fell free vs the ones that hung up, so I called Mec Gar today. The lady I spoke to said she never hears about any problems with those 17 round AFC mags, so for me to send them back and they'd replace them immediately. Great customer service, and fortunately I've got factory mags that will get me through the next couple matches.

I also ordered a Dillon 1050 today.

Top Bottom