• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    "until my Shield gets fixed"

What's wrong with the Shield?

I was shooting my Shield in the last IDPA match and was using extended magazines. The extended magazines come with a removable spacer to fill in the gap made by extending the mag. Well, the spacer kept pinching my hand on reloading so I removed them. What I didn't know was that the shield unlike Glock doesn't have a magazine stop, so every time I was forcefully inserting my mag it was hitting the ejector eventually bending it up on the last stage of the match. Good news is I talked to S&W and they are gong to fix it at no cost to me including shipping both ways. It's at S&W now getting repaired.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Here is a stock photo of the Glock clip

I have that on my 380 the 3PAT but still use a holster with it, I want nothing to touch the trigger

pcolagunner

Master
    I may have to resort to carrying with a round NOT in the chamber just to be safe which is against my normal carry practice but got to do what I got to do.

Dan1612

Master
    I'd rock one of these with it:
    a2ae9c4379062af94091125e6edc6fa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have a 19 holster you can borrow!!

Dan1612

Master
    Let me know. S&W said it would be a 2 week turn around time and I sent it of last Friday so hopefully I will get it back in another week plus a few days.
    And you believe them? Lol.
    All kidding aside, I should have the mold mid week, I'll give it a shot then if you're still interested.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I spent this afternoon getting ready for the election. I shopped for more ammo and mags.
    No sales, but full retail. I'm ready.

bohica793

Master
    Been quietly accumulating powder and primers over the last two months. Spent the morning so far cleaning brass and loading 45-70 paper patched test rounds. Going back and loading some 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor rounds after I eat my biscuits.

wildrider666

Master
    Here is a stock photo of the Glock clip

I like the concept of the Glock clip, I don't have issue with no holster IWB carry either but its not for everybody (comfort, safety, gun security). Hot, humid climates generate sweat = more maintenance. Seams at sight mounts are prone to corrosion, same with the metal slide guides in the frame if you not diligent enough as I experienced.

Rapier

Marksman
    I did my absolute favorite chore, replaced my six eight volt batteries in the sporting clays cart. It took four hours of huffing and puffing with those heavy SOBs. But that should take care of that for 7-8 years. My wife runs that thing like a PU at the farm. Handy, handy, 48 volt electric Club Car with aluminum frame, with a PU like rear box w drop gate and a basket in the front with gun racks in front and in the rear, 3 speed fans in front of both sides ala Bad Boy Buggies.
    Ed

MarkS

Master
    Been quietly accumulating powder and primers over the last two months. Spent the morning so far cleaning brass and loading 45-70 paper patched test rounds. Going back and loading some 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor rounds after I eat my biscuits.

Primers are the only component that I don't have enough of
    While I've got plenty of spp I will be buying more of every other type before Tuesday

Members online

Top Bottom