• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    JC . . . sell the X39 and the non ARP 6.8.
    I know . . . me too. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    JC . . . sell the X39 and the non ARP 6.8.
    I know . . . me too. --- SAWMAN

NO I love my 10'5" pistol X38 and all my 6.8's are ARP...yeah you are one to talk! lol

I do have a really nice lower that I could build with, oh what would I want???

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    I had bought a single burner (electric) to melt down some misc bigger chunks of lead I was given into smaller ingots for bullet casting. Lead was too big to put into my Lee 10 lb casting melter. The burner just didn't have enough oomph, cycling on and off at max setting and would barely (and sometimes not even) get to a lead melting temperature. Took it to kendive, my electronics wizard. He set it so it's only on full blast. It increased the melted lead temp by about 50 degrees. I am now merrily melting away lead roofing sheeting and misc pieces now and making smaller ingots. Then will come the final test: I have 2 lead bricks...hope it has enough oomph for them.

Also chronographed my M38 Swede. My cast bullet load gives average of 1706 fps at the muzzle; near what I'd estimate it would.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Broke down and joined a hunting club here in Baldwin county. Mill Creek hunting club. About 40 cleared plots, shooting houses, rv hookups, shower, target range etc. Every animal except hogs, which is ok.
    It's only 10 mins from my house......
    Got tired of fooling around and driving 1.5+ hours to go hunt. Rode the property today, plenty of deer tracks and yotes,coons, foxes, possum,cats, and TURKEYS!! saw two Tom's today. Rules and stuff that is a good thing. Ranges/plots from 100 to 600yds. Next deer season will be a great one!!!

*** only 2,000 acres...;-) saw a spot in the road where a yote and a deer must have gotten into a scuffle, tracks all over and skids and slide Mark's.

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Ordered a new M-LOK fore end for the 300 BO pistol. Currently running the keymod it came with which is a bit longer than I like as it limits wrench access to the MD or FH nut.

Daezee

Master
    Previously mentioned that kendive altered my single burner hot plate to put out more heat for lead melting. Using that, I finished melting all the soft misc chunks (lead roofing and strips of lead) and brick of soft lead into ingots (the larger pile). One mystery triangular big piece of "lead" was harder and melted quicker than lead, so it might be some type of lead alloy with (hopefully) tin and/or antimony in it. Thus I kept it separate (the smaller pile) and will test it my next bullet casting session. Also kept it separate in case it is contaminated with zinc (but it didn't appear to be) (should have taken a pic of it before it melted). When cast, it didn't have that soft lead "look" to it either.

6736900C-9BCB-4C00-90D8-D980C7E1BEEE.jpeg

Attachments

• 6736900C-9BCB-4C00-90D8-D980C7E1BEEE.jpeg
      6736900C-9BCB-4C00-90D8-D980C7E1BEEE.jpeg
      172.1 KB · Views: 130

kendive

Master
    Previously mentioned that kendive altered my single burner hot plate to put out more heat for lead melting. Using that, I finished melting all the soft misc chunks (lead roofing and strips of lead) and brick of soft lead into ingots (the larger pile). One mystery triangular big piece of "lead" was harder and melted quicker than lead, so it might be some type of lead alloy with (hopefully) tin and/or antimony in it. Thus I kept it separate (the smaller pile) and will test it my next bullet casting session. Also kept it separate in case it is contaminated with zinc (but it didn't appear to be) (should have taken a pic of it before it melted). When cast, it didn't have that soft lead "look" to it either.

Glad the changes I made to your single burner hot plate worked out. :)

FLT

Master
    Having lots of friends is ok, but having a few of the right friends is even better. That bit of wisdom came out of my daughters mouth about the time she turned 8 years old. :yo:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Got my looter shooter mk2 / Dillo Blaster set up. Cp33 w/brace and Athlon 3x red dot. Shoot tomm. :) going to install a light as soon as I get a 3 slot mloc rail. Used Rev adaptor mounts pictinny rail to rear of weapon and thorson adaptor to mount the gear works tube brace set up. Perfect fit and locks up tight.

20200320_222510.jpg

Attachments

• 20200320_222510.jpg
      20200320_222510.jpg
      573.8 KB · Views: 180
    Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Got my looter shooter mk2 / Dillo Blaster set up. Cp33 w/brace and Athlon 3x red dot. Shoot tomm. :) going to install a light as soon as I get a 3 slot mloc rail. Used Rev adaptor mounts pictinny rail to rear of weapon and thorson adaptor to mount the gear works tube brace set up. Perfect fit and locks up tight.

View attachment 81527

I gotta say. I'm sure loving these pistol braces these days. Makes paying the $200 stamp obsolete as far as I'm concerned. Why pay for an SBR when you can just throw a brace on it and be done. A VFG isn't worth $200 to me either.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    View attachment 81535

I went ahead and added a cell phone holder to act as a body cam to my plate carrier setup. Never know when you're gonna need to use this so might as well have something to record that you acted within the law and to shut up any jack boot thugs that say otherwise. All videos get uploaded to the cloud automatically so I don't have to worry about them destroying the phone.

Interesting idea. Have you tried it out, as pictured? Seems like the vertical mounting might be close your chin, especially if looking down or crouched. Also, for a one-handed grab-and-reload, those mags would be upside down for me.

With all these modern gadgets, seems like folks could post right-side-up images.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
      bag.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 115

wildrider666

Master
    Like the movie Ground Hog Day (repeating): I've been filling those "10 for $90" Gen2 Pmags I bought a few years back for spares/barter. While loading mags I always wear a pair of old nomex flight gloves, good dexterity and keeps body moisture and prints off cartridges. Dress uniform White gloves work well too. I should have bought a loader gizmo but never thought these old hands would need to be dealing with this volume.

Anybody got a hands on recommendation for a non-electric 5.56/.223 reloading device? Thanks.

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah . . . Bruce gave me a Loopie-Loooola several years ago. FAST both load . . and ESPECIALLY unload.
    Works with milspec and MagPul.
    Invest . . . --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Like the movie Ground Hog Day (repeating): I've been filling those "10 for $90" Gen2 Pmags I bought a few years back for spares/barter. While loading mags I always wear a pair of old nomex flight gloves, good dexterity and keeps body moisture and prints off cartridges. Dress uniform White gloves work well too. I should have bought a loader gizmo but never thought these old hands would need to be dealing with this volume.

Anybody got a hands on recommendation for a non-electric 5.56/.223 reloading device? Thanks.

Ever in Crestview I can lend you mine for various calibers the hand ones, very good

FLT

Master
    How many loaded magazines would y’all think were enough? I’ve been keeping a good many loaded as of late , I got the idea of preloading a bunch of magazines from a active forum member that loads enough mags to shoot a match with out having to reload any mags. I know a good idea when I see one!

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Interesting idea. Have you tried it out, as pictured? Seems like the vertical mounting might be close your chin, especially if looking down or crouched. Also, for a one-handed grab-and-reload, those mags would be upside down for me.

It rotates so it's out of the way. Can't get the mags to not slip if I put them in the proper way. Can't get them tight enough. Might look into a different setup with some bungee retainers. Just trying out different stuff. Probably never gonna use the plate carrier anyways. I just have it cause it was free.

FLT

Master
    That’s what I do. I have 1k loaded in mags for both my 5.56 ARs and my 9mm Glocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL , I know , you’re the one I original got the idea from. :yo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom