• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Well, now I know I need a better optic.
    PERST4 worked great though, and I really wish Id have gotten the 10.5 or even 14 inch upper. This was my first Pistol upper and I got it right out of college (Super Cheep - no dust cover or forward assist) so I cant really complain.

Beautiful day to be outside. :)

View attachment 131740
    View attachment 131741
    Looks like the lack of fa or dust cover is not affecting accuracy.... ya don't need em. The cutout on the bolt is the fa. Use thumb, if it won't shoot, rechamber!! YMMV.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    What distance ??
    I think I see powder burns on that cardboard ?? --- SAWMAN
    Id do all my best shooting at 3 yards. :p

The only things I took photos of were about 36 yards. I'm not a very good shot sadly - But Ill get there. I did rough site in my 18 inch build. Standing, I got a group of 5 inside a one inch circle (36 yards as I was reading something about sighting in at 36 yards for hold overs)
    Next time I go out, I want to spend my time at the 300 yard area and see how bench rest shooting compares.

SAWMAN

Master
    Had a "get together" yesterday. You know the kind - -> fire pit with huge grill. 6 or 8 friends. Hot dogs,hamburgers,blackened Mahi-Mahi,potato salad,macaroni salad,home made dills,home made horshradish dip(by me),etc,etc.
    Just as my wife was taking the med-rare burgers off the flames,guess who showed up ??
    That's right ...... "the" Bruce. Perfect timing.
    He gobbled up two burgers - - -> only then did we do some "gun stuff".
    29950.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Told "sea stories" of our gun encounters during our military careers to the enjoyment of Sawman's guests at the cookout. All true, all true. And, my arrival timing was perfect...I had no idea there was a cookout!

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah,my guests sat there with a blank stare. Not sure weather to come out with "BS !"or if they even knew enough gun stuff to ask questions.
    But Bruce left before the party was over and after he did I told everyone he had been shot in the temporal lobe during the Korean Conflict. They believed me. --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Was leaving Baker when I saw the UPS truck about a mile from the house and knew my upper was out for delivery today. Went back to the house and waited about 5 minutes until he pulled up and handed me my Adams Arms upper
    Now I need to decide which AR it is going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    I built an old school/new school hybrid H-harness with a modern black MOLLE 5:11 padded pistol belt, a Blackhawk black H-harness, an ALICE-MOLLE Kabar adapter for the correct matching bayonet and a black leather reproduction German 3-cell stripper pouch.... for my Spanish La Coruna 8mm Mauser bolt action. Lmao. Might turn out to be the best $60 total I ever spent when the semiauto battle rifles get banned. All parts except one (the kabar MOLLE adapter came from either ANS Tactical in Crestview or Sportsman's Guide... IDK, I have a few) were sourced from a half dozen tables at a single small town gun show this past weekend! Thanks everybody.

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    What distance ??
    I think I see powder burns on that cardboard ?? --- SAWMAN

This was my final - standing with a sling at 36 yards. Bulk 55grn 5.56 (nothing fancy)

Going to try to go out Sunday and push it at 200 yards. :)

Attachments

• tempImageEEH3rt.png
      tempImageEEH3rt.png
      11.2 MB · Views: 73

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I found out a recent 1911 purchase here suffers from hammer follow... round hit the berm however and its off to a quality smithy tomorrow for remedy.

Raven

Master
    I found out a recent 1911 purchase here suffers from hammer follow... round hit the berm however and its off to a quality smithy tomorrow for remedy
    I had to look it up. I've never heard it called that before, although I have had that happen to me and tatwell before, but with a different design than a 1911

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-213116_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20211001-213116_Chrome.jpg
      318.7 KB · Views: 76

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Picked up a 12ga SxS hammer gun for a project. Overall in fine shape for 100 year old gun. Mechanically sound and ultra tight lockup. Pondering what to do with it. May cut to coach gun lenght. 18.5. (Red crayon mark) The action and barrel would be the same lenght almost.

Attachments

• 20211007_144221.jpg
      20211007_144221.jpg
      9.8 MB · Views: 82
    • 20211007_144251.jpg
      20211007_144251.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 86

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Picked up a 12ga SxS hammer gun for a project. Overall in fine shape for 100 year old gun. Mechanically sound and ultra tight lockup. Pondering what to do with it. May cut to coach gun lenght. 18.5. (Red crayon mark) The action and barrel would be the same lenght almost.
    Still goes BOOM, BOOM and hits the target. 7.5 @ 50 feet. Something just very cool about thumbing back those hammers. I wish it was an ejector model instead of extractor. 28 inch ic/mod.

Attachments

• 20211007_155233.jpg
      20211007_155233.jpg
      4 MB · Views: 92
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    I discovered a fun little sawed off that's legal without a stamp
    Screenshot_20211007-215136_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-215143_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-215151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-215158_Chrome.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Remember James,you will loose your choke's if you chop. Rethreading for chokes will be as much as the price of the gun.
    You will be pretty much limited to SD/HD with cyl bore.
    I did a double some years ago.(Ruger Red Label O/U) If you are willing to have the forceing cones relieved and load hard (Magnum) shot,they "usually" will pattern like improved. Those are your only options other than very close range birds or sporting clays.
    Personally,i would not put that kind of money into this grade of gun. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Picked up a NIB Midway Stoner sidecharger upper in 5.56 16 inch. 1:8T.
    Gonna pair it with a NIB KP15 monolithic lower and list for sale or trade coming up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom