• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timc

Expert
    Now go treat yourself to a 45ACP Kriss Vector pistol to share mags with your G21 :) Grey Man Armory has one on the wall, but it might be in 10mm. But at least you can handle one before ordering one in 45 and in a different color or configuration. I'm on my third Vector. My first was an SBR in 45ACP. Absolutely phenomenal
    That’s actually a good idea. May have to go up there and check thst store out

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    My very first Browning. Buckmark Plus Practical URX. Soft case, Two mags. Looking forward to shooting it. Was going to get a taurus tx22 or the KT P17 but could not find one. A friend of mine had this at a great price so I grabbed it. Very well made. I may pull the FF2 off the PMR30 and give it a fair shake or the SeeAll (analog, rmr, lol). Never had a buckmark, tips and tricks appreciated. Tkx. J

Attachments

• 20211020_202847.jpg
      20211020_202847.jpg
      6.5 MB · Views: 72
    Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Winding down the sale of items from the estate, I had not listed the RCBS Pro Melt. This is not the current Pro Melt II. The old Pro Melt was made for RCBS by an industrial supplier and had a reputation for being sturdy and reliable (other than the on-off switch sometimes failing after a few years) and has a bit of a cult following with older bullet casters, and can go for more $ than when it was sold new. Supposedly RCBS DC'd it as being too expensive to make (I read that as it was getting so expensive to make that RCBS wasn't making enough money on each one sold). RCBS then brought out the Pro Melt II, which has had reliability and operation problems.

Anyway, before I listed it, I'd better make sure it works. What better way than casting some bullets? I'd never used a bottom pour pot before, and I've been bullet casting for decades. Filled it up, set control for 725 degrees (forgot to double check actual temp with my lead thermometer), fluxed, and started casting. Had to tweak the control for lead flow. I found it more relaxing to cast with than the using a dipper method. 3 times the spout froze up, but simply stirring the liquid metal unfroze the spout...that was at first, followed by no further problems. No dripping of lead from the spout. I did not cast as fast as I could, simply sat there casting listening to music. When I stopped for supper and to feed the goats, I found I'd cast 718 303 British bullets. I've never cast so many in one session and could have gone longer. Well, I've decided to not list it for sale, and I bought it for myself.

Earlier I found on arfcom a guy posted that he casts things from brass. In his latest scrap brass buy were 16 43 Spanish, highly tarnished boxer primed empties. He hoped someone could use them...cost was $8.45 in postage and the brass was free. Brass was from a now closed brass cartridge company called JBA (Jamison Brass). B52 is gonna take them and wet tumble them for me. I think the brass will be fine, and are worth about $4 each. 10 fit right in my 43 Spanish chamber; 6 will need some resizing before they will fit. I saw no holes or splits, but will reinspect when the brass comes back really clean. I already had 20 JBA 43 Spanish cases, and use them over and over.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Picked up a Gen 2 G17 today. Very nice. Lots of extras on it. Scuffs and scratches on it, my kind of firearm! Has a really good sight set on it. Fiber optic front and a very narrow slotted rear sight. My crap eyes can see it perfectly.
    This was the 2nd gen 2 I've bought. The first one was lost to a pawn shop 30 years ago, Detroit police issue. doh! Also had a Gen 1, were not going to talk about that one, it upsets me. :(

Attachments

• 20211023_113825.jpg
      20211023_113825.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 75

Daezee

Master
    Cast 805 303 British bullets and 44 6.5mm bullets today. Why only 44 6.5? Was experimenting using two moulds at same time. While I found my speed was up, it was also tiring having to be constantly moving hands and arms instead of my normal leisurely pace, so I only used one mould from that point on. Only about 2 more hours and I’ll have a 50 cal ammo can full of freshly cast 303 bullets for the coming year’s shooting, then onto casting other calibers.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Expanded my collection to 8mm. Can't wait to take it to the range!

Raven

Master
    Expanded my collection to 8mm. Can't wait to take it to the range!
    No, I'm not a fan of 8mm... ok I am, just kidding ;) How in the world can anybody not be a fan of a 200 grain .32 caliber thumper?!
    Screenshot_20211031-000758_Messages.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Depending on the weapon it could possibly NOT be a .323" bore. Could be a .318". Better check. --- SAWMAN

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Depending on the weapon it could possibly NOT be a .323" bore. Could be a .318". Better check. --- SAWMAN
    As best I can measure, its a .321 or .325, but I might not be using the correct technique with the calipers. :)
    Measuring the muzzle as I can't figure out how to measure the chamber.

SAWMAN

Master
    List the specifics of the gun.
    Thatwould help. --- SAWMAN

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    List the specifics of the gun.
    That would help. --- SAWMAN
    BNZ 42
    Mod 98

Barrel is marked MMC H.B. CA
    Ger 8mm

Ill try to get a good picture of it a little later this afternoon. :)

SAWMAN

Master
    8 X57 JRS or 8X57JS ='s 323 or 318 bore size.
    If a 318 down a 323 bbl,I would think no accuracy at all.
    The other way around could be an extreme overpressure ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Played with my 9mm extra extra long magnum( 350 legend) today . Tried 140 grain and 180 grain hornady pistol bullets at subsonic speeds and although they preformed pretty well I can’t see an advantage over the 300 BLk . I’ll try a few more combinations in the next few days , but as it stands now I’m thinking I’ll just stick with the BLK as I’m heavily vested in components for 30 caliber rifles.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Played with my 9mm extra extra long magnum( 350 legend) today . Tried 140 grain and 180 grain hornady pistol bullets at subsonic speeds and although they preformed pretty well I can’t see an advantage over the 300 BLk . I’ll try a few more combinations in the next few days , but as it stands now I’m thinking I’ll just stick with the BLK as I’m heavily vested in components for 30 caliber rifles.
    Wish they would have used. 357 bullets on that, big mistake I think.

FLT

Master
    Wish they would have used. 357 bullets on that, big mistake I think.
    The bullets I’m using are 357 , I use starline brass and have no problems . I’ve heard that Winchester brass is thicker and that you could have a tight neck if you use 357 bullets. But as I said I’m not having any problems with the RARR bolt gun I’m using.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Neat... could be a Mitchell's Mauser..??
    That is what I was told. :)

It looks beautiful and Im looking forward to running some ammo through it. (Once I find some good ammo - Most everything seems to be corrosive)

Attachments

• tempImagefOUGnK.png
      tempImagefOUGnK.png
      8.6 MB · Views: 74
    • tempImage0PtOoZ.png
      tempImage0PtOoZ.png
      6.2 MB · Views: 74
    • tempImage0H5iF3.png
      tempImage0H5iF3.png
      9.4 MB · Views: 71
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Almost guarantee tha Mauser is a 323.
    Finding QUALITY brass for reloading could be a chore. All bullets are scarce nowadays also. I tried a long time to find .410".
    Possibly Starline ??
    Just for fun bullets - -> possibly pulls. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom