• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Gotta watch out for them belts sometimes.
    Some are so thick that they wont accept certain holster slots.
    I have three in my closet that are great belts but cannot wear my style of holster with belt holes/slots. They are the 511 brand IIRC.
    Did more retro type work on my Rem TAC-14. Looking pretty "old" now. Used 800grit aluminum oxide sandpaper on it. Looks well used/carried now. Oversized safety and +1 mag extension ordered. Flattened out mag tube dimples. Made a special tool to hammer down the tube. Same idea as the tool from Brownell's.
    Tore it down completely and smoothed/polished the parts. One part of reassembly is a little challengeing but finally got it.
    Then remembered ---> FORGOT TO LUBE IT. TORE IT APART AGAIN. Easier to get back together this time though. ( Learned the "trick".) ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    If you plan to install any extended mag tube on any Rem 870,you will need to push the dimples, that are about 3/4 inch down the inside of the tube,out.
    There are several ways to do this WITHOUT USING A GRINDER,FILE,SANDPAPER,ETC. IMO ... my way/my tool,is best. ---- SAWMAN

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    You need the rest of the story so to speak how did the cleaning go..
    Oh, well, I used CLP and a bore snake and the barrel looks super shiny. :)

I'm currently down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out how to reload for 8MM.
    I have a Press and some LRP, but I would need the Die and some projectiles(I did post a WTB for them on here but no bites yet).

indy1919a4

Marksman

I'm currently down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out how to reload for 8MM.
    I have a Press and some LRP, but I would need the Die and some projectiles(I did post a WTB for them on here but no bites yet).
    So I take it that these rounds were not corrosive??

Raven

Master
    So was that straight CLP no water?? I have never used CLP. My guns do not get the high toned top notch cleaners.. I do want to coddle them.

It blows me away that we still do not see 8mm commercial ammo for sale yet. Just saw a box of commercial 7.7 Japanese hunting ammo sell for $80+ wow..

Grey Man Armory. I've bought several hundred rounds of non corrosive 8mm Mauser ammo there. I traded it all on the forum here. It's here. Just gotta get to it first before somebody else does :)

Raven

Master

Warm soapy water, please sir! You're going to give me a heart attack thinking about your CLP use with corrosive ammo! All the cleaners back in the day were water based, to be able to dissolve those salts and move them out of the bore. Lube till your hearts content after the use of water

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Warm soapy water, please sir! You're going to give me a heart attack thinking about your CLP use with corrosive ammo! All the cleaners back in the day were water based, to be able to dissolve those salts and move them out of the bore. Lube till your hearts content after the use of water
    Ok, Hot steamy water and soap. Then I ran another hot pot of boiling water down it.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.12.10 PM.png

Cleaned it out. The water and soap seemed to take out part of the wood finish.

Re- coated with CLP since that was drilled into my head.
    tempImagetLmQkL.jpg

tempImageBJxg8a.jpg

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Always so hard to find 22s still, Last weekend decided to do some selling and get a older JGA Anschitz in 4mm Hopefully that will be cheaper to shoot.

DSCF0759 (3).JPG

DSCF0758 (3).JPG

SAWMAN

Master
    Sold one of my higher end guns today that was unlisted on the forum.
    Great gentleman that is a great asset to "our" forum.
    Thank you sir. If there is anything that I can help you with,please let me know. --- SAWMAN

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    The stock on my K98 lost some of its finish when I got some hot water and soap on it. I have Tung Oil - Would that be OK for the stock?

indy1919a4

Marksman
    The stock on my K98 lost some of its finish when I got some hot water and soap on it. I have Tung Oil - Would that be OK for the stock?
    You know this is a neat interesting question, because of all the talk about Mitchalls Arms and how they did things no one really talks about how they did the wood finish.. Would love to see a photo of the loss before playing with it.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    You know this is a neat interesting question, because of all the talk about Mitchalls Arms and how they did things no one really talks about how they did the wood finish.. Would love to see a photo of the loss before playing with it.
    tempImageQONOKh.jpg

The buttstock was the color when I got it. The bolt and forward is what the wood kinda changed to.

Top Bottom