• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3blamo

Expert
    Merry Christmas Gulfcoast Gun Forum Folks.
    Today’s tinker includes installation of the Surefire Muzzle Brake, PMM Extension / Side Panel / B.C.D. lever, Mototech Engineering’s TiN Coated Selector & TiN Gas Piston.
    5CB23AC2-C850-4B50-A4FE-7B5480B36B08.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    All valid points Raven. But since this is a range toy that my family sometimes shoot, I don't want to sacrifie safety and reliability. I do plan on making some cuts on the MFT stock. Your ideas on cutting some of the rails, I haven't even considered...but I am now. I'm already researching how to make some router cuts on the magwell and handguard.
    3.7 oz rear stock made by b.a.d. over sized pistol tube

Attachments

• 20210218_134200.jpg
      20210218_134200.jpg
      6.4 MB · Views: 55

M60Gunner

Master
    Been wanting a Dissipator upper for a while and PSA has them fairly cheap on Black Friday. Santa brought me one so put the bcg, ch and carry handle on it. I figure I will kill the resale value on this one with some kind of rattle can camo job. Thinking of trying several shades of gray. Not 50, just severalView attachment 142673
    Reading some of the reviews on PSA website scared me off. Is the front sight adjustable, and is it plastic? Could be some folks with an axe to grind against PSA. I have had nothing but great products from them myself.

SAWMAN

Master
    "Kitten soft 223" huh.(??)
    Guess you never shot any of my loads.
    Bruce sez ...... they hurt !! --- SAWMAN

Murfpcola

Master
    Reading some of the reviews on PSA website scared me off. Is the front sight adjustable, and is it plastic? Could be some folks with an axe to grind against PSA. I have had nothing but great products from them myself.
    Sight post is steel and adjustable. Sounds like you may have seen some troll reviews.
    98836344-AA52-47A1-91F4-3DB91F03BD64.jpeg

Raven

Master
    Santa brought me my first AK kinda
    View attachment 143010
    View attachment 143011
    View attachment 143012
    I think it has been played with but is unfired. I will pull the gas system apart to see if it was cleaned properly.
    Can't wait to shoot a round of skeet with it :D
    A Saiga was my first AK too, in 7.62x39. It's hard to beat a brand new AK made in Russia. I actually prefer the "kinda" Monte Carlo over a pistol grip. Norinco made some AK's with milled receivers and Monte Carlo stocks in x39, too. I had one in Maine. Loved it, but she had to go to make room for something else I loved more. I had a first gen Chinese Saiga 12 clone in Maine, too, with the not-so-adjustable gas block and Monte Carlo stock. Over gassing doomed that one to getting traded off. (My buddy Matt bought a gen2 Chinese Saiga 12 clone with the more adjustable gas block and still got over gassed and he split his bolt right in half. Be careful. At least the warranty covered a new bolt and shipping) That style stock is so much more utilitarian and ergonomical than the issued skinny little midget pistol grips and you don't have to worry about 922R. The only AK stocks I liked more was my two Romanian PSL's with the wooden high combs for scopes and spring loaded buttplates. On another note, a former coworker bought an actual Saiga 12 about 10 years ago brand new and took it on a night march and campout. He said he stumbled and leaned hard on the barrel and bent it. Claimed the barrel was cheap and too thin. I don't know, but thats what he said. I didn't get a chance to see it afterwards before he sold it

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Helped a forum member work on his SD Rem 870. It slicked up really good.
    After doing some tinkering on my Rem TAC,learned a few (but important) things about these guns.
    Paid special attention to the twin action bars. Lubed up everything with Tetra Gun (light grease) before re-ass'y. Came out GREAT !!
    Changed out 4 or 5 parts also. Mag tube,spring,follower,safety,etc.
    He will have JJ drill and tap for pic rail also. ---- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Helped a forum member work on his SD Rem 870. It slicked up really good.
    After doing some tinkering on my Rem TAC,learned a few (but important) things about these guns.
    Paid special attention to the twin action bars. Lubed up everything with Tetra Gun (light grease) before re-ass'y. Came out GREAT !!
    Changed out 4 or 5 parts also. Mag tube,spring,follower,safety,etc.
    He will have JJ drill and tap for pic rail also. ---- SAWMAN
    Here's a better grip for it. Ymmv.

Attachments

• 20210806_195158.jpg
      20210806_195158.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 57

Daezee

Master
    Loaded cast bullets using Swedish wood bullet powder into Swedish 6.5x55 military brass. Got 98 45/70 brass ready to load for my forth coming M1888 trapdoor.

Daezee

Master
    You gonna cast some for the x39 ruger??
    MAYBE. Using the 311291 I had on hand for full size 30 cal rifles, it was quickly apparent that is too wide too far forward and would be seated way far into the case with little in the case neck to hold the bullet. The magazine limits the oal. Meanwhile I estimate I have plenty of pulled fmj bullets on hand.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    MAYBE. Using the 311291 I had on hand for full size 30 cal rifles, it was quickly apparent that is too wide too far forward and would be seated way far into the case with little in the case neck to hold the bullet. The magazine limits the oal. Meanwhile I estimate I have plenty of pulled fmj bullets on hand.
    Crap, was hoping you'd cast some and test drive em. I checked my brass today, the 308 bullets i have fall into the cases. So I would have to size down? the case mouths to use the 308 bullets in them.

Top Bottom