• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    When shooting my webley after shooting lead I shoot fmj thru it to help. About every 30 rds or so. It helps.
    This is actually a myth and could possibly lead to a blown up gun. If you have enough leading in a barrel to cause an issue it had decreased the bore diameter. Firing a jacketed bullet doesn't necessarily remove leading and could be equivalent to firing a bullet into a blocked bore. That being said, you probably don't have much leading to start with so you probably aren't hurting anything and it makes you feel better. The idea that cast bullets lead a barrel is also a myth. If cast of the proper alloy and loaded with the proper powder charge for cast bullets they will not lead the barrel at all. I shoot about 1500-2000 rounds a month between matches and practice. About every 3 months I pull a Lewis Lead remover through my barrels. Have never got any lead out that amounted to anything.

Daezee

Master
    When you size your bullets , do you size to cylinder throat Dia. or to the bore Dia.?
    My experience with a 44 special Ruger double action revolver (conventionally lubed cast bullets, not powder coated):

Using Lyman #2 alloy hardness and sizing bullets .430", my accuracy was so-so, not impressive. Plus, I was getting some leading around end of forcing cone/beginning of the rifling and going into the bore about an inch. Switching to a 20/1 alloy, less leading and better accuracy. Dropping my .430" sized bullets into the cylinder, they'd fall right through and exit. Sizing them in a .431" die, they'd no longer fall through the cylinder but would stop at the throat. A light push on them with a pencil, they'd now go all the way through the throat. Final bullet: 20/1 alloy and sized with a .431" die (basically little to no actual sizing) = best accuracy (as in group size cut in at least half compared to beginning efforts) and no leading in forcing cone or bore.

Specs: Ruger GP100, 44 Special, I think the bbl is 5"
    7.5gr Unique, 912fps average at 6' from chronograph
    Lyman 429244
    Looking at my notes, with my ".431" sizing die, the bullets are actually coming out at .4315" per my measuring.

Although I cast a lot of bullets, other than for the 44 Special at this time, they're all for rifle shooting.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Sadly, deer season is over. Watched 9 does with no bucks in sight for hours. Got a cool video of the yearlings playing.

There were 2 nice does I considered shooting one but my bride and i have gotten 3 good bucks and processed them into meat. Got plenty.Before?

***Also heard about 3 bursts of full auto fire today. M14 or BAR. Much too deep a sound for ar or ak. Damm jerks.
    20230210_164334.jpg

Last edited:

capt.joe

Master
    My 40 was a sweet shooter. Traded it off though for a sexy coonan b that hits my hand wayy harder. Get a timberwolf frame. I fell in love with it after that!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Tough day
    Helped my buddy finish a build for our other buddy that is in very poor health. Hope I get a chance to shoot with him again. At least he was in good spirits...cussed me for severely each time I made him laugh...he fell last week and broke a rib.
    Broke the extractor on the new rifle
    Got a live round stuck in the die

I was 3rd up on our buddy's new rifle
    not real sure what happened on those top 2 and dang near missed on another round. When this rifle tightens up it might be nice.

Mike223.jpg

I hate he wasn't up to shooting his new rifle :(

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Last night I ordered a trigger test jig and a Lyman digital trigger scale.
    I just spent $100 buying parts from a website I just found;
    B. King's Firearms.
    Bought a few items I need, and took advantage of his bulk parts page and picked up several 10 packs of parts, awesome prices!
    parts/
    Read several reviews, I think there's a King's gun shop getting bad reviews being mixed up with this business?? Read quite a few saying GTG!
    We'll see...

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I sold two guns. :( Bad health diagnosis is causing me to really thin the herd :(
    Sorry to hear that. Back in '09 I closed my swimming pool business, went back to school, and lived for 2 years selling all my guns and ammo. One man bought $10,000 of HKs, and he didn't even get them all. A lot of irreplaceable things, but I survived. In the end, firearms are tools, and have always gave me good returns on my investments. Good luck to you.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I finally got all of the carbon and copper out of a 700 in .223 I have for evaluation.

I got the paint over spray out of the end of the Benjamin 392 I picked up from Tige

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    DIY a chest holster from random parts. $5 cqc holster and my chest rig. Screws and faucet washers. Spaced off of the plate. Will work for my 21 and future g30. May need some tweaking. Have to test drive.
    20230215_230414.jpg
    20230215_230316.jpg
    20230214_114026.jpg
    20230215_224215.jpg

bakron1

Expert
    Picked up my first Beretta pistol today, a 92X RDO Centurion and an extra Elite RDO slide with a Holoson Red Dot optic mounted on it, also came with the original box and three mags. Can’t wait to take it to the range and run some rounds through it.

6FE2A7B9-7C2F-4E23-86E6-AB6AA3F6BA0A.jpeg

Top Bottom