• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JedClpIT

Marksman
    Here's my M1889 made in 1896 Danish Krag 8x58R. It is a very long rifle and a WWII bring back. Danish 7th infantry regiment. See how the magazine door opens to the front vs opening downward in US and Swedish Krag's. Still soaking and brushing the bore and getting dirty patches. I suspect copper fouling on top of powder fouling on top of copper fouling, etc. Bore looks shiny, but rifling edges are rounded. Whether that's the way they were made or whether worn from shooting, I don't know. Barrel was made in 1896 too. Should be fine for my cast bullet shooting, I hope.

One thing that puzzles me, and I've not found the answer yet, is that M1889 rifles (unless blued by a reseller or recent owner) seem to have a bare metal look to them as in no finish on major parts, even in some areas where nothing should/could have been rubbing the finish off unless deliberate. It's as if the Danish never refinished them or they were just left "bright" from the git go. I know mine at least went back for the 1910 upgrade to add a finger operated safety (see manual safety on right side above the bolt knob). Then above the safety you can see bluing on the part that holds the extractor to the bolt assembly, but yet to the rear of that the rear of the striker rod with its checkered thumb piece is bright metal. Last photo shows the barrel jacket with the barrel sticking out to the right.

Hope you found this interesting. I neglected to photograph the bayonet. Mine was made in 1891 and metal of bayonet and scabbard is bright finish.

View attachment 207787View attachment 207789View attachment 207790View attachment 207792View attachment 207793
    That is wild looking. A lot of craftsmanship there. I be it could roll cigarettes too!

ABlaster

Master
    I've been slacking on updates! Been shooting a lot of .40 through my STI Edge 2011 and dry firing even more. I pulled off top five finishes in Limited at both the Florida State Championships and the Florida Open. Area 6 in NC will be the next big match I shoot. I won't make the local match at Talon this month due to a Cub Scout commitment but I might take the hike to Dothan later in the month.

I saw Boogan running a 13 pound recoil spring in your .45! I run an 11 in my .40 with polymer buffers at a 172 power factor. Gun hardly moves but without the buffers I bet the frame would be taking a pounding!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I've been slacking on updates! Been shooting a lot of .40 through my STI Edge 2011 and dry firing even more. I pulled off top five finishes in Limited at both the Florida State Championships and the Florida Open. Area 6 in NC will be the next big match I shoot. I won't make the local match at Talon this month due to a Cub Scout commitment but I might take the hike to Dothan later in the month.

I saw Boogan running a 13 pound recoil spring in your .45! I run an 11 in my .40 with polymer buffers at a 172 power factor. Gun hardly moves but without the buffers I bet the frame would be taking a pounding!
    Most modern semi auto guns are way under sprung. Due to crap ammo.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I pulled off top five finishes in Limited at both the Florida State Championships and the Florida Open. Area 6 in NC will be the next big match I shoot. I won't make the local match at Talon this month due to a Cub Scout commitment but I might take the hike to Dothan later in the month.

Excellent!!

bakron1

Expert
    I recently posted I bought my first Beretta pistol which happened to be a 92X with a LTT Elite slide with an Optic. I ran a 100 rounds through the pistol and discovered I should have bought a Beretta years ago and decided since I had sold my beloved Wilson Combat 1911 Master grade a few years back and regretted it ever since, I was going to start looking for a nice custom built range toy to replace it, since Wilson is now out of my price range being I am retired on fixed income.

I ended up selling the 92X package to a local gut who wanted the LTT slide and Optic for a beretta 92 build he was working on. So I set the money I got from the sale and started looking for a used Wilson Combat or LTT Beretta 92 and found a local person who had bought a LTT Elite a couple of years ago, and never used it and was selling to finance his grandsons new night vision pig hunting gear.

He was asking $900 and I got him to sell it to me for $850 if I where to drive down down to pick it up, so I picked it up this morning and took it directly to the range and ran 50 round through it and this gun is magic. Th trigger, balance and build quality are excellent and I feel it's the best $850 I have spent on a range gun in a long time. I spent a couple days viewing YouTube videos about this pistol and based on my first range session, they where all right on point. I am very happy with my new range toy.
    IMG_0853.jpeg
    IMG_0854.jpeg

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I recently posted I bought my first Beretta pistol which happened to be a 92X with a LTT Elite slide with an Optic. I ran a 100 rounds through the pistol and discovered I should have bought a Beretta years ago and decided since I had sold my beloved Wilson Combat 1911 Master grade a few years back and regretted it ever since, I was going to start looking for a nice custom built range toy to replace it, since Wilson is now out of my price range being I am retired on fixed income.

I ended up selling the 92X package to a local gut who wanted the LTT slide and Optic for a beretta 92 build he was working on. So I set the money I got from the sale and started looking for a used Wilson Combat or LTT Beretta 92 and found a local person who had bought a LTT Elite a couple of years ago, and never used it and was selling to finance his grandsons new night vision pig hunting gear.

He was asking $900 and I got him to sell it to me for $850 if I where to drive down down to pick it up, so I picked it up this morning and took it directly to the range and ran 50 round through it and this gun is magic. Th trigger, balance and build quality are excellent and I feel it's the best $850 I have spent on a range gun in a long time. I spent a couple days viewing YouTube videos about this pistol and based on my first range session, they where all right on point. I am very happy with my new range toy. View attachment 212258View attachment 212259

Man that's a sweet looking pistol.

Daezee

Master
    Pondering something different in Contender barrels. Most cost effective is the 256 Winchester Magnum package a friend is selling. Although not needed as there is so much brass in the package, I formed my first 256 Win Mag case this evening. And it chambers!
    336747CF-78A7-4C01-92D6-A869087FC6B8.jpeg

Sixgun

Marksman
    A FOIA request & a form 20.. and if that doesn't sound awesome last Friday night I did my taxes.

No, not retired. Metamucil, yes pls.

Southalabama

Master
    Best decision I made in rimfire bolt actions was getting a 452 American years ago, back when they were about $400 shipped.

That is a sweet stock you got there too...
    One of my biggest regrets was not getting one. I got paralyzed and couldn’t pull the trigger. Back then $400 was an investment.

Top Bottom