• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    I've been a Robinson Armament (RA) XCR-L fan and owner for years. I have conversion kits for 5.56, 300 Blackout, and 7.62x39. Rifle and 7.5" bbl (braced) pistol with red dot sights. Carried the pistol slung over my back when I'd take my goat herd of my property in case a coyote or feral dog came after them. At round 3,208 of 5.56 the internal gas valve broke in two, sending other parts of the gas adjustment system to parts unknown. Since RA doesn't list the gas adjustment parts on their web site for on-line ordering, they asked me to return the bbl. In a week's time they received my bbl, rebuilt the gas adjustment system, shipped it back, and sent me an extra set of gas adjustment system parts. No charge. Said it's under warranty (it was years out of warrantee and they knew it from my owner registration). Now that's service!

FWIW, the throat of the 5.56 bbl has not advanced in 3,208 rounds. The bbl is chrome lined. You can see though the effects of such a short bbl on the linear comp, as the bullet opening is wearing away from the blast.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    That 94AE I picked up from an estate had a cracked stock where they had dropped it on the end (only thing I can figure). Chunk was clean through and improperly repaired.

IMG_1471.jpg

I ordered a factory replacement today along with a saddle ring plug. Maybe they will fin the saddle ring in some of the other stuff

Daezee

Master
    Nice! Often thought of getting one myself.
    At least my bbl example has proven to be accurate, and it's kinda neat to be able to make your own brass. When I was selling 357 mag brass for my friend, I bought 500 pieces for myself for future use. I have no need for big power from the 256, but one can load it up a bit.

TK5o

Master
    I have a 14” 7-30 waters barrel with scope and a bunch of cases that I would trade for a different caliber. Maybe .223, .357, .22lr or mag, or anything else more common as I do not have time to reload right now

Raven

Master
    Watched a cool free gun safety video on YouTube! I highly recommend it! It wasn't half bad as far free educational movies go :)

Screenshot_20230305-032050.png
    Screenshot_20230305-031759.png
    Screenshot_20230305-032058.png
    Screenshot_20230305-062829.png

Anangrypasta

Master
    Been doing some pre-spring cleaning and found this absolute beauty. Completely forgot I had this lovely lady. The finish is perfectly mirrored and honestly pretty beautiful. Far nicer a finish than she deserves!

Attachments

• 20230309_192524.jpg
      20230309_192524.jpg
      217.4 KB · Views: 73

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Not exactly sure it was a positive experience, yet. My best friend bought a nice USP.40 from me that I had customized 20 years ago, he gave it to his father. His dad just passed and he got it back. He wound up broke and called to tell me he had pawned it and his time was up. I loaned him $360 (should've just come to me in the 1st place??) I ask him if he wants to sell it, I've been shopping for a P30L in .40.
    He wants to know if I have anything smaller he could carry. Not really wanting to get rid of it, I told him I just about finished customizing a USPc .40. He's the friend that will drop what he's doing and drive to another state to rescue me, so he met me when I got to work and we traded. It certainly doesn't look like it did when he got it. Haven't had a chance to do a deep dive, but my initial observations are it's missing a couple of the jet funnel mags, streamlight TL2 is flopping around (I think because it was mounted on a missing match weight) and the laser won't light. It looks rode hard and put up wet. I'm not too happy with my trade. And he throws another out; his S&W MP-15 (Franklin binary trigger) is due out the 15th for $650. I know he's been mag dumping the hell out of it. Pretty sure that ones gonna be a pass, or with the understand he buys it back.

Attachments

• IMG_20230309_202952076.jpg
      IMG_20230309_202952076.jpg
      665.8 KB · Views: 62

ABlaster

Master
    I’ve been slacking on posting, for sure! My computer time has been spent playing a late-90’s PC game.

I’ve been practicing my USPSA stuff and teaching a bit. I have a 3-day AR armorer’s course next week to keep my certification up and I got certified to be a range officer with the Cub Scouts so I can help out on the range at Wallwood and other scouting events.

Boogan1

Master
    I shot a cowboy match at Talon range in Tallahassee today in preparation for the Florida state match this week. Shot the match clean and finished 3rd overall. Leaving Wednesday to head down to Lake County for the Ides of March Florida State Cowboy Match. Last Wednesday I picked my 1911 up from Bussey gun works. He went through it and corrected some things that were wrong with it from the factory and did his trigger and action job on it. I put my new grips on it and ran a couple hundred rounds through it so it is ready for the Wild Bunch side match at State.

Attachments

• 20230309_201156.jpg
      20230309_201156.jpg
      313.4 KB · Views: 51

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    The 1500 Armscor .44RM cases we ordered came in and I counted my 500 out. Pretty good looking stuff, it is about .001 thicker than the Starline we got with it and it is a good bit heaver too.

IMG_1483.jpg

found a few 100 more to go with them...I'll make short work of those once I clean them a little first

IMG_1484.jpg

we set a 1050 up to run some of the .44 Rem Mag and loaded about 380 with some Keith type lead and CFEPistol to play with. I think we shot 80 between the pistols and the new to me Winchester 94AE Trapper. It won't feed the Keiths but singles them well.

I put the new stock on the Winchester I ordered and it is a good bit darker so I'll order a forearm that hopefully matches better.

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

this is the old shade
    IMG_1471.jpg

picked this 870 in 20ga today too. Might have to find someone to swap the Knoxx for a factory synthetic and screw. Maybe I'll order a Hogue for it if I can't find one.

Now u Dont.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

it was a good day

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Not exactly sure it was a positive experience, yet. My best friend bought a nice USP.40 from me that I had customized 20 years ago, he gave it to his father. His dad just passed and he got it back. He wound up broke and called to tell me he had pawned it and his time was up. I loaned him $360 (should've just come to me in the 1st place??) I ask him if he wants to sell it, I've been shopping for a P30L in .40.
    He wants to know if I have anything smaller he could carry. Not really wanting to get rid of it, I told him I just about finished customizing a USPc .40. He's the friend that will drop what he's doing and drive to another state to rescue me, so he met me when I got to work and we traded. It certainly doesn't look like it did when he got it. Haven't had a chance to do a deep dive, but my initial observations are it's missing a couple of the jet funnel mags, streamlight TL2 is flopping around (I think because it was mounted on a missing match weight) and the laser won't light. It looks rode hard and put up wet. I'm not too happy with my trade. And he throws another out; his S&W MP-15 (Franklin binary trigger) is due out the 15th for $650. I know he's been mag dumping the hell out of it. Pretty sure that ones gonna be a pass, or with the understand he buys it back.
    This does have match springs, I'm gonna strip it down and add a match trigger w/over travel, and an extended mag release here in a little bit. Okay, maybe it didn't have match parts?? All stripped down, some parts ordered, can't find a match hammer anywhere in stock. Looks like maybe the front sight had came loose at some point and they fixed it with super glue, which ran down the slide and onto to frame rail. I don't have any acetone here at work. All bagged up for another Saturday project. Now to find a hammer...

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Technically an Air Rifle thing... But I got my first garden invader of the year this evening. My son left the gate open on the garden this afternoon after we finished watering the new plants. I went out back around dusk to enjoy the sunset and saw a bunny in there. His pronouns are now Was/Were. ;)

Top Bottom