• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Been a while since I’ve purchased anything new, but decided to pull the trigger today. I picked up a new Glock gen 5 MOS @ Scott’s in Jay. It came w/back straps, 3/15rd mags, 4 optic mounting plates, & the usual case/lock. I thought it was a good deal @ $540 out-the-door.

HL1
    Nice, a gateway glock! Now ya need an optic and plates!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Daezee

Master
    Answered a Facebook ad with lead for sale. I don’t normally answer Facebook ads as people typically overprice lead/lead alloys by 200-300% in my opinion and often you have no idea of what the mix is. In this case it’d come from his deceased father and his father was a bullet caster. Every ingot was marked as to content and corresponded to my fingernail test. All other casting stuff had long been gone. Estimated at 350-375 pounds. i did not weigh all, but did weigh the box of 60/40 solder (Not shown below). 11 pounds of that. The rest was about half pure lead bars and half Lyman #2 bars, both of which I have use for. I only wanted the lead stuff, but he threw in extras to get rid of since he’s moving. I paid $400. I was happy and he was happy. He’ll call me if he finds more stuff.

Extras: About four 5 gallon buckets worth of brass and a box of gun parts. I need to sort them out. A Quick Look shows 45acp, 38 special, 357 mag, 30 carbine, 308, 3006, 44mag, 7mm mag, 30-30, 243 Win, 270 Win, 10mm, a few 303 Brit and 30/40 Krag, and other calibers. An item in the parts box that he asked me about was a WWI vintage British brass oiler for the Enfield in nice condition with maker, property and inspection marks. I’ll be looking it up to see if it’s a rare one.

Finally a fairly large amount as in hundreds of 8mm Lebel berdan brass that has intact primers and has had the bullets pulled. Nice looking, but I have no idea if the primers are still good. If the primers go bang, it’d be good for reloading to shoot in your Lebel. Clean the bore afterwards with soapy water and toss the fired brass in the scrap brass bucket. Anyone have a Lebel?…free brass for you.

After sorting brass, I’ll do a combination of selling, using, giving away to reloaders, with leftovers going to my son to sell as scrap. He got $110 scrap selling my scrap brass before.

Pic of lead bars, 4 boxes worth. Pic of containers of brass in 2 piles on top of 2 buckets of brass as part of the extras.
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Got a dog problem around our place. Heard a bunch of hellrasing on my plot behind the house. Unfortunately or fortunately, my thermal on the Carbon 15 is not zeroed yet. I was test driving a thigh holster for my 1911. So BOOM! COMP kicks up a super flash. One of the reasons I will always LOVE 45acp is your not deaf as hell after you shoot it outside. ( yes, I ALWAYS wear earpro target shooting) My preferred 2am something is aggravating the dogs gun.
    Pests, ran for the hills.
    ** also don't care for the thigh rig. One of our fine members is selling me a chest rig later this week for it. Yeah!
    20240206_214610.jpg

Daezee

Master
    IMG_0177.jpeg

Here’s the brass oiler. Mk IV. Henry Jenkins & Sons Ltd of Birmingham. Not a rare maker, they made 1,100,000 of the oilers in WWI. Maker’s mark, broad arrow British property mark, crown over inspection station V5 at Birmingham Small Arms.

FYI, There are collectors out there who collect United Kingdom oilers. I, myself, have been trying to find a brass Australian made one…they have an Australian star mark on them. When I received my Australian Air Force No 1 Mk III* I heard a rattle in the stock. It turned out to be a WWI Royal Navy property marked Mk IV. I guess the Air Force guy wasn’t thinking about future collectors when he put a Navy oiler in an Air Force rifle.

IMG_0178.gif

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Got a dog problem around our place. Heard a bunch of hellrasing on my plot behind the house. Unfortunately or fortunately, my thermal on the Carbon 15 is not zeroed yet. I was test driving a thigh holster for my 1911. So BOOM! COMP kicks up a super flash. One of the reasons I will always LOVE 45acp is your not deaf as hell after you shoot it outside. ( yes, I ALWAYS wear earpro target shooting) My preferred 2am something is aggravating the dogs gun.
    Pests, ran for the hills.
    ** also don't care for the thigh rig. One of our fine members is selling me a chest rig later this week for it. Yeah!View attachment 269415
    Is it possible you have a neighbor problem that is still happening? He letting the dogs loose on your hunting land on purpose?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom