• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Got a dog problem around our place. Heard a bunch of hellrasing on my plot behind the house. Unfortunately or fortunately, my thermal on the Carbon 15 is not zeroed yet. I was test driving a thigh holster for my 1911. So BOOM! COMP kicks up a super flash. One of the reasons I will always LOVE 45acp is your not deaf as hell after you shoot it outside. ( yes, I ALWAYS wear earpro target shooting) My preferred 2am something is aggravating the dogs gun.
    Pests, ran for the hills.
    ** also don't care for the thigh rig. One of our fine members is selling me a chest rig later this week for it. Yeah!View attachment 269415
    Forgot to mention. It's a GI model RIA. Had it over 20 years, many rounds thru it. Still going pew. Hp, flat nose steel case just keeps going. Had to polish it a bit when I first got it. Forever warranty.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I have tried several different large capacity Mags, the SGM Tactical were the worst and the Kriss MagEx2 extended was the best.

The Kriss jammed the least about 1 time per mag dump. With just a little bit of filing on the ramps I've had zero jams on about 8 mag dumps so far.

The Glock 11-round factory mags have never jammed on me.

45Mag.PNG

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I have tried several different large capacity Mags, the SGM Tactical were the worst and the Kriss MagEx2 extended was the best.

The Kriss jammed the least about 1 time per mag dump. With just a little bit of filing on the ramps I've had zero jams on about 8 mag dumps so far.

The Glock 11-round factory mags have never jammed on me.

View attachment 269557
    What ya need is an extension that goes on the bottom of the glock mags. Kriss makes them I think??

Yep,

woodsy85

Expert
    Finally shot the dagger build I completed a month or so ago. First mag was jamomatic, dang near every other round. Second mag about half as much, 3rd mag only 2 and 4th and final mag only 1 failure. So improving. 60 rounds through, time for a good cleaning and try again another day.

Also shot the Ruger 75th anniversary edition 10/22 I picked up last month. Now that thing is a beauty. Put 4, 10 rounds through it without a glitch. Just feels good. Love it, both fit, finish, and function.

Step son ran a couple mags through the RIA TM22 I got for the wife last fall that had jamming issues the first time out. Shot first mag and FTFeed nearly every round. Ejected fine but didn’t pickup new round from mag. He was about to put it up and said we need to start a warranty claim but I had another mag at the ready and said give it a try. Only 1 failure in that mag. Polar opposite. Have the mags separated now and need to clean and lube the gun and try again- may have a bad mag and not a bad gun.

Ordered +2 mag extension from Panzer arms for M4 clone this morning. Took false extended tube off with heat gun. Came off easier that I thought it would. In pieces awaiting new part.

Ordered pic rail and magpul Mlok fore end for Mossberg 500 tactical I’m going to redo. Old metal surefire pic rail foreend is heavy and uncomfortable.

43ace404de853bd1cd328af2f9314e1f.jpg

9a64a0a71eff0c7275b9fc3a790e394f.jpg

34b0a661ace3dfae6a137ffa3add54f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B52

Master
    Finally shot the dagger build I completed a month or so ago. First mag was jamomatic, dang near every other round. Second mag about half as much, 3rd mag only 2 and 4th and final mag only 1 failure. So improving. 60 rounds through, time for a good cleaning and try again another day.

Also shot the Ruger 75th anniversary edition 10/22 I picked up last month. Now that thing is a beauty. Put 4, 10 rounds through it without a glitch. Just feels good. Love it, both fit, finish, and function.

Step son ran a couple mags through the RIA TM22 I got for the wife last fall that had jamming issues the first time out. Shot first mag and FTFeed nearly every round. Ejected fine but didn’t pickup new round from mag. He was about to put it up and said we need to start a warranty claim but I had another mag at the ready and said give it a try. Only 1 failure in that mag. Polar opposite. Have the mags separated now and need to clean and lube the gun and try again- may have a bad mag and not a bad gun.

Ordered +2 mag extension from Panzer arms for M4 clone this morning. Took false extended tube off with heat gun. Came off easier that I thought it would. In pieces awaiting new part.

Ordered pic rail and magpul Mlok fore end for Mossberg 500 tactical I’m going to redo. Old metal surefire pic rail foreend is heavy and uncomfortable.

43ace404de853bd1cd328af2f9314e1f.jpg

9a64a0a71eff0c7275b9fc3a790e394f.jpg

34b0a661ace3dfae6a137ffa3add54f3.jpg

Did you try differs ammo in the Dagger?

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    What ya need is an extension that goes on the bottom of the glock mags. Kriss makes them I think??

Yep,
    The MagEx2 is what is in the picture I posted. Much better than the SGM but still not perfect. I did this pretty slow, a bit off the lip, bit off the ramps until I got it where it didn't jam up.

The folks at Foxtrot Mike (I used mostly their products building this PCC) were quite a help in pointing me in the right direction, we exhausted every other possibility. They said and I quote:

Extended .45 mags are notorious for having issues.

Now I have two mags that have worked flawlessly, if they maintain their track record I'll probably do two more...

woodsy85

Expert
    Did you try differs ammo in the Dagger?

I loaded from a box of mixed stuff I had, all 115gr FMJ but it’s mixed blazer and American Eagle and maybe a couple others in there too.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom