• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Poking around Sniper's Hide, I found another Surefire Warcomp for $70 shipped, it arrived yesterday evening. Got back on to leave feedback, and bought three new 308 mags; 5 & 10 round A.I. and another 5 round P-mag in AICS pattern for $130 shipped! And the holster for my grandsons pistol came in the mail as well!

Took my .22 conversation with me to go with my bride to her part time job working for a land management company. Figured i may get to pew a snake or 2. May need to bring the G40 next time, yikes. ( big gator tracks)View attachment 287358
    Looks like a line to some groceries to me; That's money dude!

Raven

Master
    Took my .22 conversation with me to go with my bride to her part time job working for a land management company. Figured i may get to pew a snake or 2. May need to bring the G40 next time, yikes. ( big gator tracks)View attachment 287358
    I would think maybe only a 5-footer. There's only maybe six inches between those tracks. Hey at least in Alabama the gators are free game and not endangered, right?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Made a pass through High Caliber… pulled the trigger on Ben’s Deli… now my ask is shot out!

Ugafan84

Shooter
    I swapped out my JP silent capture buffer spring that I had on my built ar-10 and put it on my CMMG Banshee 300 blackout pistol. It sounded so much better running it suppressed now. I feel like that was the loudest thing was hearing the spring in the buffer tube shooting suppressed.

Daezee

Master
    Reloading 45 Colt today using 6.5x55 Swedish wooden bullet blank powder. Physically it’s fluffy flat squares. It does not play well with powder measures, often clogging up and throwing widely varying charge weights. Even the Swedes had that problem with charges varying from the low 20’s to low 30 grains in charge weights in their blank ammo within the same lot number. Fortunately the wood bullet (for loading functioning profile) only weighs a few grains, they wanted it to make noise, and only needed enough gas to function auto and semi auto firearms with a blank restriction, so an exact charge weight was not a requirement. Other than labor pulling the wood bullet with pliers, the powder was free. 4800 blanks gave me 18 pounds of powder. A friend gave me a few more pounds for some labor I provided. We all used the resulting non corrosive berdan primed brass for reloading.

My solution was an electronic powder dispenser. By weighing exact charges, it’s given fine performance in every cartridge tried. The burn rate seems to vary by cartridge from like Unique to Alliant 2400. In 6.5x55 with cast bullets it seemed like Unique. In 45 Colt it acted like 2400. In 45/70 it seemed between those extremes. In 7.5 Swiss it was like Unique. 250 gr bullet in 45 Colt gives 852 fps with 15.5 gr, like 2400 would give. Start low and work up.

IMG_0273.jpeg

RackinRay

Master
    After shoulder surgery recovery got back to a project I did not want to do due to the manual filing I prefer to do to protect the rifle.

I modified the standard Ruger 10-11 TD Weaver Rail to Picatinny rail width so I could mount a See-All Tritium sight on a QD mount to give a NV compatible optic to the rifle, with the Tech Sights as back up. This is the final mod I had in mind for the rifle. I like it!

Ruger 10 22 TD Final Mods (1) Small.jpg

Ruger 10 22 TD Final Mods (2) Small.jpg

Ruger 10 22 TD Final Mods (3) Small.jpg

Ruger 10 22 TD Final Mods (4) Small.jpg

B52

Master
    Reloading 45 Colt today using 6.5x55 Swedish wooden bullet blank powder. Physically it’s fluffy flat squares. It does not play well with powder measures, often clogging up and throwing widely varying charge weights. Even the Swedes had that problem with charges varying from the low 20’s to low 30 grains in charge weights in their blank ammo within the same lot number. Fortunately the wood bullet (for loading functioning profile) only weighs a few grains, they wanted it to make noise, and only needed enough gas to function auto and semi auto firearms with a blank restriction, so an exact charge weight was not a requirement. Other than labor pulling the wood bullet with pliers, the powder was free. 4800 blanks gave me 18 pounds of powder. A friend gave me a few more pounds for some labor I provided. We all used the resulting non corrosive berdan primed brass for reloading.

My solution was an electronic powder dispenser. By weighing exact charges, it’s given fine performance in every cartridge tried. The burn rate seems to vary by cartridge from like Unique to Alliant 2400. In 6.5x55 with cast bullets it seemed like Unique. In 45 Colt it acted like 2400. In 45/70 it seemed between those extremes. In 7.5 Swiss it was like Unique. 250 gr bullet in 45 Colt gives 852 fps with 15.5 gr, like 2400 would give. Start low and work up.

View attachment 287863
    Will you use the same powder load for 45ACP?

Daezee

Master
    Will you use the same powder load for 45ACP?
    I suspect since it appears to burn slower in straight wall cartridges that it would be too slow in 45acp, giving low velocity and lots of unburnt powder. Maybe not enough oomph to function a pistol. Don’t think I’d want to risk a bore stuck bullet. Same load would be too bulky for 45acp.

RackinRay

Master
    Took the KelTec P-33 and P-17 back to the range.

Will do an in depth report on pistol thread but bottom line: P-17 ran without flaw. Decent trigger and shot well too. P-33 loaded with mag loader ran flawless after the first round was hand fed into chamber. After the first 33 rounds, it did it again and I hand fed first round two more times. After that, as reported by others, it chambered naturally and ran well. Really good trigger, decent sights, and shoots nice!

Top Bottom