Why do folks toss out challenges on the internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    I have several times...great guy
    RIP SAWMAN
    I am sure that there are many members that echo your sentiments. But Jhunter was just on a fishing trip. Don't know what he garnished, but I do miss SAWMAN also.

ABlaster

Master
    Unless I have reason to believe otherwise, I will generally take people at their word.

I was practicing with an acquaintance maybe 12 years ago and he made the claim his pistol would shoot a 1.5” group. I remembered Wilson Combat being proud of their high-end guns doing that so I said “Yeah, 1.5 at 25 is good!”

”No, 1.5 at 50.”

My response was “You can’t shoot a 1.5” group at 50 so what are you getting out of that?” He looked me dead in the eyes and said “The f**k I can’t” and proceeded to put five rounds in right about a 1.5” group right there, on demand standing unsupported. It was pretty damn impressive.

While I’m not going to believe that someone is casually breaking world records around here, I have been surprised before. Of course when I called him out he did it, right then, right there. No excuses, no hesitation. Sometimes folks really are as good as they say they are.

Welldoya

Master
    Wow, that really is impressive. I couldn’t do that at 10 yards. But, nobody likes a braggart even if they can back it up.
    I’m often amused by people on Facebook trying to impress people that they don’t know and will never meet.
    For some reason I get videos on my feed of different irrelevant things.
    Yesterday there was one of a 20 year old benching 500 lbs. Well, apparently 90% of men on FB USED to be able to do 400 lbs.
    The comments are very entertaining.

ABlaster

Master
    To be fair, he didn’t say he could do it, he said the gun could. It wasn’t until I popped off with my comment that he then took as a challenge!

FLT

Master
    I’ve witnessed some fantastic shooters in my life , some of them were just born with the natural ability to shoot ,others worked hard to achieve It. I personally believe that if you can’t do it on demand that you shouldn’t say you can. My shooting varies so much that when I’m sighting in a new rifle I take a known good shooting rifle with me to confirm that I’m shooting well enough to sight in a rifle that day.

ABlaster

Master
    I’ve witnessed some fantastic shooters in my life , some of them were just born with the natural ability to shoot ,others worked hard to achieve It. I personally believe that if you can’t do it on demand that you shouldn’t say you can. My shooting varies so much that when I’m sighting in a new rifle I take a known good shooting rifle with me to confirm that I’m shooting well enough to sight in a rifle that day.
    Yep, I’ve seen a LOT of people who confuse a personal record for an on-demand performance. They are not the same!

lil'skeet

Master
    To be fair, he didn’t say he could do it, he said the gun could. It wasn’t until I popped off with my comment that he then took as a challenge!
    Well I am an 1|8 moa shooter. I am the best and most accurate shooter ever. Ask my 2 year old.
    My problem is the ammo, guns, and optics are not capable of my accuracy. If you give me a combination that is as accurate as I am, the wind, or lack of wind, humidity, ambient temperature getting ammo too hot, heat mirage, and many other things will not allow my full potential.

M118LR

Master
    yeah...mirage gets me too at times.
    Yup the minute I got miraged I found out what devotion service by the direction of ComNavKitchenSink was going take. SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED! Blinded me, just like mirage. LOL.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    all this talk about 1/8 MOA got me to looking
    IMG_1054.jpg

here are 4 of the first 5 shots out of my Dasher. the low round was the second shot from the bore sight. the mirage got me just a touch and I can't wait until that bad gurl tightens up.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision

lil'skeet

Master
    1/8 moa is ridiculously small! .130” group or .375” over all with a .243” bullet. That’s getting very close to single digit size groups. Since this has turned into a measuring contest, I’m sure someone will step up with some photos and claims. Here is a good read for those that envy that type of precision https://precisionrifleblog.com/2013...-warehouse-lessons-in-extreme-rifle-accuracy/
    People make it out to be a whole lot harder than it really is. A true professional would know that you fire the first round on target. The next 29 browns go into the dirt just out of sight of the spotter. But in my daughter's eyes and as far as yall are concerned they all went through the same exact hole.
    And if you don't believe that you are domestic terrorist that is probably a Russian spy and I will turn you in.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom