• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Z spotted Martin, became suspicious, called police, was told he didn't need to follow him, was only out of his car to give the authorities an address, was jumped and then pummeled by Martin and as he was being punched and having his head knocked into the ground, Martin went for Zimmerman's firearm and Zimmerman shot him once in the chest.
    I think Zimmerman used remarkable restraint. I would have emptied the clip.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    ^ so your pistol has a clip? I wanna see. Mine has a magazine. ... ok just playing don't get mad ... .. :p

Snow Bird

Master
    I have strayed out of conservations this weekend on alot of this because I had other topics to follow. Sean after the links you provided it would seem things dont look good for the procution if this can be brought into court. She may be found guilty but that is a diffrent trial.Sean this question is not directed to you but to one of the LEGAL EXPERTS we have on this forum. Will it be able to brought this into this trial or will the trial have to go on and then used on appeal if George is found guilty.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    I have strayed out of conservations this weekend on alot of this because I had other topics to follow. Sean after the links you provided it would seem things dont look good for the procution if this can be brought into court. She may be found guilty but that is a diffrent trial.Sean this question is not directed to you but to one of the LEGAL EXPERTS we have on this forum. Will it be able to brought this into this trial or will the trial have to go on and then used on appeal if George is found guilty.

So was that true info? If so ouch... this trial is all politics. . So sad...

Seanpcola

Oh, it's certainly all politics.

I'll start by saying that I, and everyone else, do not have all of the facts of the case. However, initially, Z was released after being interviewed, nothing was found out of sorts. Z was only arrested and brought to trial due to pressure from various sources.

I won't speculate on what actually happened but I think there is more than enough evidence to show Z was railroaded. If the races had been the same or swapped this would NOT be newsworthy.

If Z acted a moron then I guess a conviction is appropriate, but this trial has larger implications. More ammo in the battle against the 2A, CC and SYG.

Now, before anyone jumps on the statements I made above read through what I wrote: If TM jumped him, brought him down and was beating his head on the concrete (I believe it went down this way) then, BANG. Case closed and I hope I react as well if I ever find myself in that position.

Problem is that due to the political environment around this Z is on trial over another issue. It may be acted out to appear as a trial of his peers but we all know what's really going on. It's just not PC to say so openly. Completely unfair, against the laws of the land and he (Z) is being used as a pawn in the chess game of racial tensions. Which in itself is silly, unproductive, dividing and furthers the agenda of, among others, our illustrious CIC.

Case in point is the link I provided. This Angela Corey chick got caught with her pants down. Proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that very few, if ANYONE in power anywhere has any morals, character or convictions.

It's definitely "us" against "them" folks.

Snow Bird

Master
    Sean and most people on this forum that have followed what I have said know how I feel about parts of it if they read my posts before having a gut recation to what I have said. There has been some mud throwing and I am a big boy and can throw back. That said I have agreed with everyone that this is a race thing and those trouble makers should have stayed under there rocks...Depending on the verdict they may come back out and I don't know what will happen. Probally riots like some have said and I hope and pray that it stays in there own neighborhoods but we know it won't. There will be killing on both sides and sadly not enough people will ever get tried on either side.. As I have said fefore that I came from a rual area and never felt the need to carry a gun but now feel the need... I have followed this trial with an open mind and am willing to change my mind if the defence can show more than they have to this point. You see more watching all day than what you see on the 5 oclock news. I have even been taking some notes. I have been called a lib just because I am from the north and have the title SNOW BIRD.You might say I am from the part of the north>really midwest< that has people who think for themselves rather than what party they happen to belong to. I will give you that this thing got to be political and should never have been but that is the country we live in and it is more often than not unfair and it dosen't make any diference who the pres is. Oboma should have never made the statement he made....I haven't seen anything during this trial that has had anything to do with taking ccw away...Granted those people will come out of the woodwork again but then they don't need a reason to. As I have said before I wish people could have watched the trial like I have because alot has been brought out that dosen't make the news.. Some have said thet he is being railroaded by the jury and fron comontators they have been taking notes like crazy the hole time. At least part of them. As I think I said last night this is no slam dunk by any means. Your remark about people in power is right on and I couldn't agree more. Well time to close for now.We will see if that other stuff can be brought in next week and if the judge allows it. I would guess not but I am no lawyer and don't know how that would work but you can bet the jury won't hear about it untill the judge makes s ruleing on it

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    ^ so your pistol has a clip? I wanna see. Mine has a magazine. ... ok just playing don't get mad ... .. :p

Ok, but can you read your magazine? Yes... dear, I do know the difference. But I'm not calling out strippers over their clips either.

Seanpcola

I found it on another site and it was "supposedly" confirmed by someone close on the inside in Tallahassee. I would imagine that even if it's not entirely accurate it's damned close to reality. Last statement based on a couple of lawyers I know that have dealt with this woman. If it turns out wrong or CT I'll edit.

Bay Ranger

Master
    What is a "citizens grand jury" and how does it differ from a regular grand jury? Also, what are the implications of this type of grand jury? Does it carry the same weight and impact?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    It has no legal standing.

Exactly what I am talking about. That site makes up stories as they go just like Alex Jones. We could take a vote here on Zman or Oduma or anything else and it would carry as much weight as a citizens grand jury.

MrFish

Expert
    Did Osterman just say that only police carry weapons with one in the chamber?

outside9

Master
    The judge is going out of her way to be anti-defense.

I still think Zimm will not be found guilty.

Snow Bird

Master
    I didn't see that with the ruleings she made today.I didn't get to watch it all day but about 6 hrs and the friend I thought made the best defence that it was z calling for help.But he has given alot to z defence fund and even bought him cloths for the trial.You can tell they are very close and in his heart he beleaves it is z. Every one else is a toss up in my mind and could go either way with the jury. His friend I think will make the most impact...Most of the other stuff was boring and just rehashing old stuff. The selfdefence stuff will come up in the next day or so and would you know I have stuff that has to be done and won't get to watch as much as I would like. Hope someone here can watch with an open mind and keep us informed.

flyandscuba

Master
    They get to tell the jury that TM had marijuana in his system... That will help affirm Z's comment to the dispatcher that "he looks like he is on drugs"...

Snow Bird

Master
    Fly that said the pro may get to bring up thing about z past and that he has not been truthful about questions he has answered on TV interviews. This could open up a new can of worms. No one can agree how the small amount of grass would make him act. You know one side will say that the small amount will make him a mad man and the other side will say that the small amount would have no change in him. I don't know if they ask any of the people if they had ever used it or knew anyone that had used it. If they had used it or known anyone who had used it it may not make any diffrence to them. Just saying.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Anyone else think it's kind of telling that the most credited Pathologist in the world is a witness for the defense? I think this thing is about rapped up. Zimmerman may be able to get a Snapper before the season ends. If the fine upstanding citizens of Sanford don't burn the whole city down!

SAWMAN

Master
    outside9, Possible fer sure. Could be the DIRECT opposite of the OJ trial and outcome. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom