• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Six women on the jury, one white and five black. I wonder what race the three were that were excused.

Especially, since the names are being kept secret by the judge, or so she claims.

Uh, I believe that five of the women are WHITE and one is HISPANIC. No blacks. Of the alternates, Two women and two men...three white and one Hispanic. Racially, the jury is in Zimmerman's favor if there is to be bias.

That will surely be to be utilized by the race baiters to inflame passions for riots should he be acquitted.

Patoz

Marksman
    Uh, I believe that five of the women are WHITE and one is HISPANIC. No blacks. Of the alternates, Two women and two men...three white and one Hispanic. Racially, the jury is in Zimmerman's favor if there is to be bias.

That will surely be to be utilized by the race baiters to inflame passions for riots should he be acquitted.

I've been watching a live continuous feed from the courtroom on WESH Orlando, and that's what their commentator put out as soon as the jury adjourned to the jury room. She also said there was three alternates.

But, I see CNN is saying the same thing you did...

The prosecuting and defense attorneys referred to the jury members as five white women and one black or Hispanic woman. CNN does not have access to the juror questionnaires and cannot confirm the ethnicities of the jurors.

Four alternate jurors -- two women and two men -- will hear the case as well. Nelson asked Zimmerman if he agreed with the jurors selected to serve on the panel, and he said he did.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/justice/florida-zimmerman-trial

If this is true, it may go better for Zimmerman. But if he wins the racist will say the jury was stacked in his favor, even though the State had the opportunity to approve or disapprove each juror.

wildrider666

Master
    Updated @ 7:40 PM

My bet on the verdict: Murder in the Second Degree: Innocent
    Manslaughter: Guilty

Why: It must be a Unanimous decision.
    All women Jury. Mothers or potential Moms. Hence heavy use of word Child.

(deleted incorrect information from post)

If he were to be acquitted it would restore my faith in my fellow Americans. I wonder if Vegas has odds on this?

The best he can possibly get is a hung Jury and in turn a Mistrial. Fl will not retry the case. Why? It's a weak case that should not have got to trial and is only in Court because the Big Spade race card was played. But Z isn't done yet. DOJ is waiting in the wings. If mistrial (and no retrial planned) or acquitted: Feds have deep pockets and want to be the champion of their majority voters and will charge him with violating T rights and a racial based hate crime resulting in death. Feds will burn him and Z will not have funds to pay a lawyer and trial costs anywhere near what "us" taxpayers will spend on putting him behind bars.

What ever the Verdict is, I will accept it as Justice served. I just don't like the way the deck has been stacked to get their. Sample: Judge strikes Lead Det opinion that Z was telling the truth. Then in Jury Instructions the Jury is to take expert opinions as FACT! WTF!!!

Remember the Casey Anthony Trial? All the NEWS talking heads were sure she would be convicted. I thought so too.

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

http://rt.com/usa/florida-potential-riots-zimmerman-957/

The last violent riot to occur in southern Florida dates back to 1980, when residents of the mostly-black Liberty City and Overtown neighborhoods of Miami took to the streets after a jury acquitted four white police officers in the death of a black Marine Corp vet. Eighteen people died in the three-day riot.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    There aren't any blacks on the jury. 5 white women and 1 Hispanic woman. I really think he may end up going home. Then we will have to watch the fireworks. I think the media wants him freed so they can help fan the flames. If he gets locked up, there is less for the race baiters to get mad about.

SAWMAN

Master
    "5 white women and 1 Hispanic woman". Right Bryan..that's what I am hearing also. Hell......if it were 5 blacks and 1 white they wouldn't even have to go off to deliberate. --- SAWMAN

Deersniper270

Master
    People who concealed carry in Florida have just been called children on hardball on msnbc. This lady said its Florida's fault this happened. Florida handing out concealed carry permits to people who are not law enforcement or military is like giving a machete to a two year old and telling them to go play.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    5 white and 1 hispanic is what I have been hearing since they finished jury selection. I heard or read one report that said two people on the jury have a current CWP.

I was expecting him to get off on murder2. Them throwing manslaughter in at the last minute makes me not so sure.

SAWMAN

Master
    I admitt,I do not understand the system and it's inter workings. Looks to me like,it is the thing called....."stick him with whatever you can stick him with" sorta thing going on. I always thought that the prosecution had to come up with a charge/the charge,and then it was up to the state to prove the charge. Shit man....why didn't the prosecutor throw in jay walkin',or maybe "creating a scene" or "depositing blood on the sidewalk". This crap baffles me. --- SAWMAN

Snow Bird

Master
    SAWMAN...I think that is almost standard OP in 2nd degree...Can't prove 2nd but someone died and they want a conviction on what ever they can...Hell you can get manslater in a car wreck... Worked with a guy that was dragracing and killed someone and they got him manslater charges...They were even rideing with him.He didn't get as much time as Z can get because no firearm was used,the time in this can be so much more because a gun was used.

flyandscuba

Master
    People who concealed carry in Florida have just been called children on hardball on msnbc. This lady said its Florida's fault this happened. Florida handing out concealed carry permits to people who are not law enforcement or military is like giving a machete to a two year old and telling them to go play.

And if George had not been armed that night -- he could have been beaten until he was dead, or stuck in a coma indefinitely. That, would have never made the headlines in the news. He would have been labeled a Hispanic then -- who was just a victim of a mugging.

Bottom line -- George is alive today. His life is forever changed for sure -- and the system may get some jail time for him out of "justice" (yeah, right) -- but he used a firearm and remains alive today. Had he been unarmed, he may have been the one on the medical examiner's table.

The lesson here is not to allow this circus, based purely on race and anti-firearm political pressure to alter your use of your right to have a CCW for self defense. Also too -- don't let this situation creep into the back of your mind to the point where you may hesitate to use deadly force when you might have a "reasonable fear" of your safety. The goal is to be then one who walks away from any defensive encounter -- and let the lawyers sort it out if necessary after the fact.

Me, I'm going home to my family if at all possible -- even if it involves taking the life of someone else. That is a settled mindest that I established long ago -- and this spectacle isn't going to change it...in fact it reinforces to me that it is the proper mindset.

Deersniper270

Master
    Fly- the statements I made was just me repeating what whoever that lady was said. Not my beliefs. I was just relaying info. Hope you didn't think I believed that lol

flyandscuba

Master
    No no - I understand... There is a reason why MSNBC has the lowest rating in the industry of "news" networks -- it is all garbage.

joe

Master
    I hope the guy does not go to jail but with manslaughter on the table you never know.

I would hope this incident would not make me hesitate in a life & death situation but at the same time it reminds that caring a gun comes with its own risk. One should really think about the situations they put themselves in. Does that mean I am have to avoid all possible dangerous situations? No thats not possible!

I would bet if you asked him in private if he wished he had stayed in the car he would say yes. Was going after a suspected two bit thief worth his freedom? He could be at home with his family instead of facing prison time.

I am not trying to say he murdered the guy but he made poor choices that put him in a situation where he had to use deadly force. Does that deserve prison time I don't think so.

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I am not trying to say he murdered the guy but he made poor choices that put him in a situation where he had to use deadly force. Does that deserve prison time I don't think so.

:thumb:
    Even if he is acquitted, he will never be able to show his face again. He will have to shave his head and grow a beard to go to Walmart. Oh wait, that's me...

Top Bottom