• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Wildrider what I am going to say and I don't know how old you are but these make me kind of chuckle. I remember when you could go to jail for 10years for 1 joint and that if you smoked pot you were on a sure road to haroin and sure death...Alot of HIPPIES should be dead and may well be by now since they are in there 60,s Alot of GI's from being in souttheast asia would surley be dead now. How many states have just made it legal to have 1 ounce...Look at poor Willie Nelson.I DON"T know but I would guess some on this forum has smoked a joint or two in there life even if they would never admit it on this forum. Those posters are something lighter on this thread.

Snow Bird

Master
    Donr I stand correcited, but maybe they should be comnsidered to be made law.Unfortanly 5th grade civics class and what we think is right sometimes isn,t good enough.It has to be made law.I know we have to many laws now.

Seanpcola

Kind of off topic but I have often wondered what SOME members here would if someone was following them in a car where they had every right to be then that person got out of the car and followed on foot would do. I know some would kindley ask what are you doing following me . Others might not have that same approch and we can only guess what that would be. Being males some would go to the fight mode instead of the flight mode and run to the house.Another thing we will never know what words were spoken between those to either or even if they were spoken...It has been brought up many times thar T was shone with a gun.Pray that nobody on this forum is ever involved in a shooting and some DA brings charges aginst them. Most of us have a picture of us with guns and have posted many pictures of them. Some remarks made here I am sure would not be wante'd to be brought into court...Just saying

The reality is that we probably will never know exactly how the TM/GZ thing went down. I tend to believe GZ for the most part, I'm sure it went basically the way he said it did.

As for myself, if I had someone following me I'd probably try to lead them into a public place with witnesses. Probably wouldn't confront them at least until I had back up. If I was carrying I don't think that would alter my reactions other than having my hand close to my weapon and everything clear in between.

Flip side: I've been getting involved in my Neighborhood Watch program. I don't see myself ever actually following someone suspicious too much. I'd be alerting my neighbors for additional eyes. I have watched a suspicious person go up my neighbor's driveway and knock on their door. When no one answered they started to ease around the side of the house but stopped when they saw me watching them. I walked over and asked the guy if I could help him in any way. He replied "No" and headed back to the end of the street to his car. I called it in on the regular line and gave the SO the details. After that I kept an eye out for the rest of the day but never saw him again.

On the subject of Neighborhood Watches: Has anyone attended the ECSO Neighborhood Watch Academy classes?

JBryan314

Master
    Zimmerman and Martin both led a life looking for trouble.

Zimmerman was an overzealous neighborhood watchman. He was less than a rent-a-cop. He went looking for trouble on a regular basis and he found it in a 17 year old wannabe thug who beat his fat, poser, candy ass into the pavement.

Martin was a wannabe thug who had already committed crimes, been in fights and acted like he was some hardcore gangbanger. He went looking for someone white to beat up on and what he found was a wannabe cop with gun. He got what he should have known was at the end of his "thug life".

Society is better off with Martin dead. He was obviously going to be a drain on society. It's also probably better off if Zimmerman leaves the gun at home from now on. He doesn't seem able to avoid getting himself into situations where he makes us CCW holders and gun owners look like crazy vigilantes to the untrained masses.

wildrider666

Master
    With the defense doing their closing tomorrow and probably a short rebuttal from the DA, the Jury will have it after that. Jury can go quick or slow and maybe hung. In any case, If you are not "geared up" you are behind the power curve. I hope nothing happens but pray all are prepared for the worst.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Zimmerman was an overzealous neighborhood watchman. He was less than a rent-a-cop. He went looking for trouble on a regular basis

Oh boy. I hope you wore your Nomex coveralls.

Snow Bird

Master
    I don't have any extra mag loaded or feel any need to gear up as I live in an RV park out in the country, but I don't plan on going to Pacola or Mobile for a couple weeks if ever before I head north to Ga. Now up there it may be diffrent as there are alot more blacks that might stir up trouble. Maybe I should say I have to go places where there are more blacks than down here.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll be alright. I just don't like Zimmerman and his behavior that portrays us in a bad light. I don't believe he did anything illegal. Martin did. But I do believe Zimmerman made some bad decisions.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's an idiot, but fortunately that isn't a criminal offense. Whether or not he was overzealous in his "duties" shouldn't even be on the table unless his actions violated the law.
    IMO, his first mistake was giving a crap about his neighbors and their belongings being stolen. I know I'll come off like a selfish asshole, but the bottomline is if my neighbors want their crap secured they need to do it. Yea, I'll call the cops if I see someone back a moving truck up to their house and it's not them loading it, but short of something so egregious that it shocks my soul their problems are their problems.

Seanpcola

Depends on where you live. When my wife got sick my neighbors knew I'd be out of town for a while and the house unoccupied. They kept a close eye on things and even challenged a friend of mine, not from our area, that stopped by to check on things himself. I live in a community of like minded individuals so we appreciate each other and everyone's hard work. If I lived in a crappy area I might feel the same way as you I, for one, appreciate the vigilance and intend on repaying the favor if and when needed.

Patoz

Marksman
    Looks like it's already starting...

Mob beats man on his own front porch “for Trayvon”…press ignores (Photos)

856e7121a6fcf641a58bbd3d10fa341a.jpg

Mobile, AL – On Saturday night, Matthew Owens told a group of kids to stop playing in the middle of street, only to have them return with a group of adults who dished out a beating that landed him in the Intensive Care Unit, according to police.

Police say that the group of 20 assailants used chairs, pipes and paint cans to waylay Owens on his own front porch...
    http://www.examiner.com/article/mob-beats-man-on-his-own-front-porch-for-trayvon-press-ignores

Seanpcola

Uhhh, Patoz, that was over a year ago. Check the date. I remembered reading about that last year.

Not that I disagree and I'm positive that we'll see plenty of that going down in the next few weeks.

JBryan314

Master
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's an idiot, but fortunately that isn't a criminal offense. Whether or not he was overzealous in his "duties" shouldn't even be on the table unless his actions violated the law.
    IMO, his first mistake was giving a crap about his neighbors and their belongings being stolen. I know I'll come off like a selfish asshole, but the bottomline is if my neighbors want their crap secured they need to do it. Yea, I'll call the cops if I see someone back a moving truck up to their house and it's not them loading it, but short of something so egregious that it shocks my soul their problems are their problems.

Agreed! His idiocy should not be on the table in that courtroom. But I think it's worth mentioning here as what not to do and how not to behave.

Seanpcola

Agreed! His idiocy should not be on the table in that courtroom. But I think it's worth mentioning here as what not to do and how not to behave.

100% Agree.

It just goes with the whole CC concept. Avoid getting boxed into a situation. I don't let society ruin my life or dictate where I go but the areas likely to put me into the position of needing my firearm are pretty much where I don't wanna be anyway.

Patoz

Marksman
    Uhhh, Patoz, that was over a year ago. Check the date. I remembered reading about that last year.

Not that I disagree and I'm positive that we'll see plenty of that going down in the next few weeks.

Oops, you're right! A friend of mine 'liked' it on FB and that's where I saw it. However, the comments are current so I don't think anyone else realizes it happened over a year ago either.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    100% Agree.

It just goes with the whole CC concept. Avoid getting boxed into a situation. I don't let society ruin my life or dictate where I go but the areas likely to put me into the position of needing my firearm are pretty much where I don't wanna be anyway.

Yep, don't go to stupid places, with stupid people and/or do stupid things.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep. I have been carrying since 1976 or 1977. Lived in some shitty places like Birmingham and Miami. Only once have I come close to using it. I attribute that to staying the hell out of places you don't need to be. For some reason, the older I get the larger the bore diameter gets.

Top Bottom