• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garpo

Master
    Over in lower Alabama setting up for the AL Sheriffs Association Conference. Definitely seeing a little "attitude" when stopping in at stores and fast food places this morning in the Mobile area.

Not so much on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay. Just got back from Bass Pro and I noticed a mixed crowd of B&W shoppers all pretty calm and respectful, even saw a "White Hispanic" for the first time in my life. But one has to consider the demographic diversity in this area, which is in favor of the white clientele. I also suspect a good number of us happen to be packing a little something.

gendoc

Master
    Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah but how many punks actually watch the news to figure out what really happened. They only listen to jesse, al, and barry.

Seanpcola

Dear leader makes a statement. Pay special attention to the last few sentences:

Quote:
    For Immediate Release July 14, 2013
    Statement by the President
    The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

gendoc

Master

Quote:
    The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

:puke:

Snow Bird

Master
    Fly and scuba. Maybe my use of the word stacked means diffrent things in diffrent parts of the country. At home if you were talking about someones chances of getting less than fair treatment from the jury you would say that the jury was stacked aginst them. From your own threat intilted NO BLACKS and NO MEN if you will look at John als post...rtprthd's post and seanpoclas, post it would seem that they felt Z had little chance with the jury that was seated...Where I am from that would lead a person to beleave the jury was stacked. I will not even go into the makeup of the jury because it is from the internet and just maybe not right. If in fact it is right it would seem that the jury was pretty well rounded out. As I have said before I beleave in CCW...SYG, moms apple pie and the 4th of july. I also beleave in fair trials and this was one. Weather it should have ever been brought to trial that is a legal question I am not qualified to answer and it would seem since no lawyers have come forward that none of us can answer. I know there is alot of chest pounding saying it should have never been,but it was and now it is over.

Seanpcola

Fly and scuba. Maybe my use of the word stacked means diffrent things in diffrent parts of the country. At home if you were talking about someones chances of getting less than fair treatment from the jury you would say that the jury was stacked aginst them. From your own threat intilted NO BLACKS and NO MEN if you will look at John als post...rtprthd's post and seanpoclas, post it would seem that they felt Z had little chance with the jury that was seated...Where I am from that would lead a person to beleave the jury was stacked. I will not even go into the makeup of the jury because it is from the internet and just maybe not right. If in fact it is right it would seem that the jury was pretty well rounded out. As I have said before I beleave in CCW...SYG, moms apple pie and the 4th of july. I also beleave in fair trials and this was one. Weather it should have ever been brought to trial that is a legal question I am not qualified to answer and it would seem since no lawyers have come forward that none of us can answer. I know there is alot of chest pounding saying it should have never been,but it was and now it is over.

I agree. As for the jury, I never really studied the demographic of this trial. I think I was posting more from a pessimistic outlook than any real hard info.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Damn snowbirds is what we call them...LOL actually a few are ok and not liberal but for the most part stop the oil and freeze a yankee!

Patoz

Marksman

Quote:

Obama wants us to 'honor' Trayvon Martin! If this isn't bias on his part, I don't know what is.

President Obama statement about Trayvon Martin – no mention by name of George Zimmerman

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...gn=Feed:+foxnewsinsider/gretawire+(Gretawire)

Snow Bird

Master
    Frank...I had never heard that one and I like it

Garpo

Master
    stop the oil and freeze a yankee!
    I'd like to have that on a bumper sticker and that's coming from me, a damn yankee.

Urban definition of a damn yankee:

A yankee who moves South because of the warmer climate and friendly people, and decides to stay. (As opposed to regular yankees who return home because they like crappy food and weather cold enough to cause death).

Snow Bird

Master
    Garpo, The urban defination is the exact reason I moved south and now call the south my home

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    SB. we love you anyway, do not take offense...

Scrooge

Marksman
    Top Bottom