• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjenkins

Expert
    Never heard of that. Considering the 45 is lower pressure than the 9 or 40, forgive my skepticism.

I have seen molding marks around the frame insert that your slide rams against when it cycles. You are more likely to get peening on the edge of it (the slide contact point) before it cracks or breaks out of the frame, and if you get peening on it, you need to change your RSA or get a heavier RS. These inserts get mangled in guns that see a lot of rapid firing with +P ammo, but I've never seen one actually crack out of the frame.
    The guide rails of the gen 3s didn't handle the excess recoil that 45 has. I've heard of it happening to glock 23s amd glock 22s, It makes sense. The rails are molded into the plastic frame. I'm not sure that issue was ever fixed. I do know it happened around the frame pins so maybe that's why they switched pin position. Police departments in the early 2000s ended up with cracked glocks.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    The guide rails of the gen 3s didn't handle the excess recoil that 45 has. I've heard of it happening to glock 23s amd glock 22s, It makes sense. The rails are molded into the plastic frame. I'm not sure that issue was ever fixed. I do know it happened around the frame pins so maybe that's why they switched pin position. Police departments in the early 2000s ended up with cracked glocks.
    Good to know, tku. I'll be sure to check my shooters when I get home. 30, 21,41 and just because the 40.
    The 21 shoots 45 super, but has a #24 spring. It's snappy with the 6 inch.

Last edited:

mrjenkins

Expert
    I'm not a very big fan of glocks. I can shoot them really well but they are not really my taste. I have forever condemned sig though. Shady business with those p320s. Sold the military guns that shoot on their own. I would never trust a sig again.

M60Gunner

Master
    I'm not a very big fan of glocks. I can shoot them really well but they are not really my taste. I have forever condemned sig though. Shady business with those p320s. Sold the military guns that shoot on their own. I would never trust an sig again.
    Agreed. Once I saw the two videos of it going off in a holster and untouched.

Found a great video showing the striker is .01 mm away from firing once in condition one, can’t find it now. The 320 compact was great but can’t have it with all the kids in my house.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I'm not a very big fan of glocks. I can shoot them really well but they are not really my taste. I have forever condemned sig though. Shady business with those p320s. Sold the military guns that shoot on their own. I would never trust a sig again.
    Just have to look at them as tools that go bang. A hammer is a hammer. Do ya need a engraved, plated legion wilson combat hammer to drive a nail? No. The glocks are the safest and reliable hammers made. Not to mention mags for them don't cost $49.95 each. Absurd.

Top Bottom