• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coomer

Expert
    If you believe science, it was in July of 2019 when earth's population hit the point where earth could no longer replenish in 1 year what we were consuming.
    For sure. We’ve enjoyed many decades of living in over-abundance. I think we transition away from goods that are low-cost and low-margin soon. People are going to have to adapt to not being able to find their favorite brands on store shelves.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    If you have read the Bible, it explains all this and it is playing out before our eyes. JS
    the end will be near , when good is called evil, and evil is called good....we are seeing that all the time now.

when the days are as the days of Lot & Noah, you will know when the Lord is close to coming... he won't be coming as a Lamb this time, but as the Lion of Judah...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Can you imagine the chaos of trying to implement rationing ala' ww2?? If ya get bored read up on it. Americans at home went thru tough times.
    if we have to go to rationing, there will be a breakdown in society, to the strongest will live, and the weak will be overrun by the thugs and urban areas

no polite waiting in bread lines, the bad elements will rule...

WRM

Master
    if we have to go to rationing, there will be a breakdown in society, to the strongest will live, and the weak will be overrun by the thugs and urban areas

Mad Max meets Waterworld plus Walking Dead

WRM

Master
    Just watched a Ch 3 report I recorded the other night. Maine has now detected PFAS chemicals in deer. This is the proverbial "canary in the coal mine". We'll either kill ourselves slowly with this and other similar idiocy or some one somewhere will jump off a nuclear war. You wanna go slow or fast?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

I think the bad elements are already ruling....

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I had someone tell me we can't win a war. Russia has missiles we can't stop, he says. Not sure about how factual that is.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Crazy that we expend so many resources to keep alive those who otherwise would have lived a "long" life but died of natural causes. It has been in our lifetime that "modern medicine" extended our proverbial runways at great expense and quite often not for the better--except for the pockets of the medical/pharma system.
    At what age would you like to expunge longevity?
    Maybe a great idea would be to halt medical advances, and retract those of the last 20 years.
    Then maybe we could get back to the 1950's.
    Or maybe it would be better to go back to 1900.
    Have a talk with your grandmother, tell her it's over?
    Not so fast! One day, God willing, you will be old, and healthy, and productive, and a contributor, and you just might have the wisdom to look back at this thread and laugh.
    We don't know the day or the time, and I like it that way.

Variation over time
    EraLife expectancy at birth in years
    19th-century world average28.5–32
    1900 world average31–32
    1950 world average45.7 – 48
    2019-2020 world average72.6–73.2

WRM

Master
    At what age would you like to expunge longevity?

Watch Logan's Run. In that dystopian future, "Carousel" occurred at age 30. In other words, you were told the end would be at 30. Maybe that's as good an age as any.

Your graphic shows a massive (relatively) jump in life expectancy after 1950, which is in keeping with the trend of "modern" medicine and its advancements. My observation is a lot of those "advancements" don't add a heck of a lot to the quality of life, but, boy, are they expensive and only getting more so. My wife told me the other day she saw a program that kids born today have a potential to live to 150--with great quality of life, I'm sure.

I don't have an answer. Wouldn't matter if I did. We're going to keep on bumping down the same road we are on. I'm 56 now. Not sure I'm going to learn a whole lot more, but I'm dang glad I'm not 26 or, God forbid, 16. My grandmother died just short of 90, but there wasn't much good about her final several years. I sure don't want to repeat them myself.

I do know enough to realize there now are too many people on this ball of dirt consuming too many non-renewable, but now "necessary", resources. The ride will stop at the pre-determined time, I suppose. There are no refunds. Exit thru the gift shop, please. And keep your arms and legs inside the tramway.

IronBeard

Master
    I had someone tell me we can't win a war. Russia has missiles we can't stop, he says. Not sure about how factual that is.
    An all out nuclear exchnage would last 20-30 minutes, maybe an hour. After
    At the rate things are going, I don't think winning a war is the goal..

In some was, I think we've already lost. We are so dependent on the global economy and goods that we are (have been?) easily manipulated because we are no longer a sovereign nation. Look at how the major countries/businesses turned on Russia. That could happen here at any moment, maybe already has, maybe in progress right now, and aided by our own government.

.22 cents

Master
    Anybody have a link or know if she has a blog or YT channel ? Thank you .
    Click on Youtube in the video player. From there you can copy link

WRM

Master
    An all out nuclear exchnage would last 20-30 minutes, maybe an hour. After

In some was, I think we've already lost. We are so dependent on the global economy and goods that we are (have been?) easily manipulated because we are no longer a sovereign nation. Look at how the major countries/businesses turned on Russia. That could happen here at any moment, maybe already has, maybe in progress right now, and aided by our own government.

You got it. The move to "Globalism" has screwed us, along with a lot of other foolishness we pursue, like trying to save the world with our "transition" while China and India just look forward to the extra oil capacity for their collective billions of residents.

Google "peak oil" production. Not a lot of agreement on exactly when, but we're close if not already there. Ol T Boone was warning us on this years ago. Even without war, we don't have a real answer for the eventual end of oil, at least at this time.

Only thing I might quibble over is global nuclear war. With the new hypersonic missiles there may be some thought of an attack on us that we won't respond to with ICBMs. Who knows. Then you have the wack jobs like Kim who ultimately might be able to pop off one or two ICBMs and trigger a global crisis.

We are in a bad way at this point.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom