• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Master
    I find non military types and those that do not respect properly make light of "Stolen Honor" Really a tragedy!

" P.S. Not only does he steal honor, he doesn't hold open doors for little old ladies and molest collies. "

Frank, I have the utmost respect for our military men and women and the sacrifices they make. Both my Grandfathers and Step-Father retired from the Armed
    Forces. I spent many years as a military brat and have great respect and admiration for those in uniform. I spent two summers in Coronado during my college years and got to know some real life navy seals who became surfing buddies. They would laugh their ass off at this whole ridiculous thread about honor stealing. You guys are talking about whether or not a guy completed dive school for goodness sakes. It's being made out like he claimed to be a decorated combat veteran which just isn't the case.

I'm making light of how it's being portrayed and wrongly used in the particular instance. Most military heroes I have known don't do it for the honor anyhow. They are just wired to sacrifice for others and there are civilians with just as much courage who do the same. I'm fully aware of and give all due respect and honor to the sacrifices made by our brave soldiers. This whole thing has gotten ridiculous, but you all don't just get to invoke honor stealing, claim the moral high ground, and then brand anyone who disagrees as disgraceful or unpatriotic.

Last edited:

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    You guys are talking about whether or not a guy completed dive school for goodness sakes. It's being made out like he claimed to be a decorated combat veteran which just isn't the case.

He didn't complete the training, yet posted on his website he did. He embellished his website to make money and got caught. That is not honorable in the eyes of this Veteran. He is in FACT a liar. We are not talking about a 5 year old kid that it's ok for him to pretend. He is a grown man and needs to stand on his merits.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    "They would laugh their ass off at this whole ridiculous thread about honor stealing"

I don't know your "buddies", but that is a terribly incorrect statement with 90%+ of us and the families of our Lost! Until you have been there or have been one you do not know and cannot speak for US. No harm no foul, we don't expect you too...

Fletch

Master
    He didn't complete the training, yet posted on his website he did. He embellished his website to make money and got caught. That is not honorable in the eyes of this Veteran. He is in FACT a liar. We are not talking about a 5 year old kid that it's ok for him to pretend. He is a grown man and needs to stand on his merits.

And I'm sure none of the GCGF Mafia has never told a lie or embellished their experience or credentials to land a job or contract have they? We are all so truly blessed to have such fine upstanding men of unquestionable moral character amongst us. Might want to take a look in the mirror before hurling that stone fellas.......just saying

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No I have not, it would be "Stolen Honor" you think very little of the Vets here...please do not embarrass yourself further!

Fletch

Master
    "They would laugh their ass off at this whole ridiculous thread about honor stealing"

I don't know your "buddies", but that is a terribly incorrect statement with 90%+ of us and the families of our Lost! Until you have been there or have been one you do not know and cannot speak for US. No harm no foul, we don't expect you too...

Many of us are families of the Lost and it's not an exclusive club. I understand this is an emotional subject so rational thought probably will not win the day here, but what I see is that the term " Honor Stealing" has been made sacred and beyond question in this case. It was invoked and a lot of well meaning folks have piled on in defense of the fallen thinking they have been disgraced by Capt. Ron. Hence the inflammatory language like Scumbag and Piece of Shit being hurled at Ron because he padded his resume as do the majority of people in one way or another.

Once again he didn't claim to be some decorated war hero or have even seen combat. I'm sure his intent was to never steal honor and he has just as much respect for them as any of you. However, you guys are dug in and convinced of your righteousness in this case so I guess it is what is.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Might want to take a look in the mirror before hurling that stone fellas.......just saying

So you are calling everyone on here liars and frauds? Because I have never embellished my record or lied about my training or service. If you are so afraid to deal with us low life scums then please delete your account and move on.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Fletch, you must be Ron or his son for trying to defend a proven and self admitted liar. Good luck with that. you should have stopped after your first post if this was not personal...otherwise you would not have a reason to post...I am thorough with your insulting and inflammatory posts...Sorry Mods, no further responses from me on this. Thanks Shaggy!

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    You have been sufficiently warned, do your own leg work I don't go to pff Good luck..I really mean that, nothing against you at all. most people don't like they have been duped and the messenger is always attacked. Sorry was trying to be helpful but I am outta here now..
    Now Frank - that was not an attack - I just asked for your sources and took offense to the generalizations.
    The folks I personally spoke to about his classes and what I did find were not negative at all.
    There is this onslaught of negative coming from those that have been here but new folks to the area don't know the history of Ron Beermunder.
    As I said I am just seeking the facts here - what I took issue with was being blindly labeled since I had
    1. Paid to take his class and
    2. Spoke positively about it

I've been shooting for 30 years and did learn a few things in his class, but I also learn things from my son who obviously hasn't been shooting as long. If you haven't taken the course - speaking for the day we were there - it wasn't a circus themed let's run everywhere and shoot stuff atmosphere. He started with safety and ended with safety. Yes - he showed us the 1 fingered slide rack and the boosa ball deal - but both were labeled as this is what "I" can do after years of practice and shooting not quick everyone try this.
    Without a doubt the guy is a showman.

Stolen Valor is no joking matter. Like I said earlier any d-bag who does it should be nailed.

Again though Frank - big picture here - just looking to see what had happened - not shooting the messenger per se.

Richard J.

Expert
    To Fletch. No I have not and I resent the fact that you would insinuate otherwise. I am proud to have served and yes I went to Nam.

Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Dang to many pages to read so would someone summarize this kiddy battle for me? Thanks only interested since I missed out on some drama that included my good friend FrankTard....

Fletch

Master
    I took Ron's CCW course well over a year ago and have had no contact with the man since then. No relation to him what so ever and I don't know if I will "train" with him again or not. Just trying to offer a little different perspective instead of joining the mob with pitchforks. It's astonishing to me that folks who are calling a man a pos and scumbag say that my post here are inflammatory and insulting. Don't really know what to say to those that got their panties in a bunch for me attempting to point out that all men are guilty of telling a lie at some point in their life. You guys are truly the first I have ever encountered that claim to have never done so.

I will leave y'all with a favorite quote of mine that helps me regain some humility when I'm on a self-righteous and prideful crusade against another man faults.

“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    And I'm sure none of the GCGF Mafia has never told a lie or embellished their experience or credentials to land a job or contract have they? We are all so truly blessed to have such fine upstanding men of unquestionable moral character amongst us. Might want to take a look in the mirror before hurling that stone fellas.......just saying

I wana go on record stating that I lie all the time an enjoy it!

Rebuilt

Marksman
    After reading this thread I am reminded of some thing my grandfather told me "opinions are like arse holes, everyones got one and they all stink"

bayonet_53

Expert
    Frank, I have the utmost respect for our military men and women and the sacrifices they make. Both my Grandfathers and Step-Father retired from the Armed
    Forces. I spent many years as a military brat and have great respect and admiration for those in uniform. I spent two summers in Coronado during my college years and got to know some real life navy seals who became surfing buddies. They would laugh their ass off at this whole ridiculous thread about honor stealing. You guys are talking about whether or not a guy completed dive school for goodness sakes. It's being made out like he claimed to be a decorated combat veteran which just isn't the case.

I'm making light of how it's being portrayed and wrongly used in the particular instance. Most military heroes I have known don't do it for the honor anyhow. They are just wired to sacrifice for others and there are civilians with just as much courage who do the same. I'm fully aware of and give all due respect and honor to the sacrifices made by our brave soldiers. This whole thing has gotten ridiculous, but you all don't just get to invoke honor stealing, claim the moral high ground, and then brand anyone who disagrees as disgraceful or unpatriotic.

I hate it when people use others military service as evidence of their patriotism. Do your Navy SEAL friends a favor next time, and please be respectful enough to capitalize SEAL.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    I will leave y'all with a favorite quote

As will I.......

Leviticus 19:11, "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."

or

Jeremiah 7:4, "Trust ye not in lying words,"

and lastly

Revelation 21:8, "…and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:"

Have a great day, God bless!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom