• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timc

Expert
    Nobody has mentioned the grip area on the non glocks. Is it good or was he just spouting nonsense?
    I have medium size hands and use the regular 365 grip module on an XL slide. I run that grip for a little better concealment for work and off-duty carry. I use the 10 round mag with pinky extension. I don’t have the grip issue he explains.
    I think it’s the way he holds the gun, but who knows.

I switched from a G19 to a SIG M11 for a little while and went back to the Glock. Shoot what works and what feels good to you. The SIG was an amazing gun but the Glock was just more familiar and comfortable, so I went back.

RHINOWSO

Master
    I'm just not a flavor of the month gun owner. I own, use, and carry Glocks primarily; sometimes a S&W J-frame but typically Glocks (19, 43X).

I guess I just see the 'cost' of switching carry firearms. New gun. New night sights. New holster / magazine carriers. Couple hundred rounds of FMJs, at least 50 JHPs to test the new gun out. More magazines (6 is my minimum - 3 for carry, 3 for training / range use). All to see if something is 'better' than what I currently use - which I simply see as a tool.

Then again, I don't have to sell guns to pay for vehicle repairs, rent, or other bills.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Like I've posted in similar threads in the past... Glocks are like an ugly chick at closing time, ready to go and won't disappoint.
    i have no doubt they all will go bang with every trigger pull, austria makes good stuff, but they are mutt ugly imo, i do not own one...

RHINOWSO

Master
    That's why most people don't buy them.. add in "wife won't let me because balls were clipped at ceremony", baby momma needs that child support money..
    Well, from what I see, a lotta people do buy them, then they sell them... :p:p:p

I just make wise use of my funds and see the toilet bowl of "new carry gun" every 3-6 months as a waste of time and money. Money which is better spent on AR-10s, ammunition, reloading supplies, Colt SAAs, Winchester lever actions, NF scopes, Aimpoint RDS, suppressors.

You know, stuff like that... ;)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Well, from what I see, a lotta people do buy them, then they sell them... :p:p:p

I just make wise use of my funds and see the toilet bowl of "new carry gun" every 3-6 months as a waste of time and money. Money which is better spent on AR-10s, ammunition, reloading supplies, Colt SAAs, Winchester lever actions, NF scopes, Aimpoint RDS, suppressors.

You know, stuff like that... ;)
    the proper accessories can triple the value of a gun collection, if not more than that....

you might only have 1-2 guns of one caliber, but if you have 12,000 rounds for them,....

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    i have no doubt they all will go bang with every trigger pull, austria makes good stuff, but they are mutt ugly imo, i do not own one...
    We as Consumers get hung up on shiny and new and cool. Your lawnmower motor is nothing to look at but it does the job. It should always be function over form.
    Come to the darkside.... cast away your kimber... :)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    We as Consumers get hung up on shiny and new and cool. Your lawnmower motor is nothing to look at but it does the job. It should always be function over form.
    Come to the darkside.... cast away your kimber... :)
    no kimbers either....

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I think Glocks are beautiful... so much that I just bought a G35 MOS... will put a FDE Leupold DPP and FDE TLR-VIR II on it... how could that possibly be considered ugly?

This tops off my quest to have night-capable long-slide MOS Glocks in all available chamberings as I already have the G34, G40, and G41.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Carry what you’re comfortable carrying, glocks require less maintenance than most pistols . But they’re ugly as hell, but in spite of that I carry one every where I go except barbecues. At those events I take one of the pretty pistols.
    ;)
    I make sure to carry my very classy firearms for dinner and the theater good sir haha

Top Bottom