• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    One thing for sure is the Hogs are never on a schedule as you and I know one, it is called hunting and not killing for a reason, right Dave?

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Just got an email from don thanking us for hunting and apologizing for us not harvesting anything. Also sent me a pic of the hog that was harvested the Sunday before. I think it's just a dangling carrot to get us to come back! LoL

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Hey for what i spend hog hunting the $60 might be a bargain especially if I had no lease and you cannot bait legally on a WMA. I could go many times and have no responsibilities but to shoot!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Just got an email from don thanking us for hunting and apologizing for us not harvesting anything. Also sent me a pic of the hog that was harvested the Sunday before. I think it's just a dangling carrot to get us to come back! LoL

I have seen this place in Perry that is called two men and a hog. It's a 3.5 hr drive. But they have a "no shoot, no pay" clause in their pricing. I was thinking of taking my daughter over there to shoot some fish in a barrel so she didn't have to sit through a long sit and see nothing. Seemed pretty cheap too. Free use of camp area the night before if you so desire too. Never been there. But thinking about it. Any other thoughts?

http://www.twoguysandahog.com/untitled1.html

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Yeah, here's a thought...

I think I'm gonna check it out! Thanks for the info!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah there is alot to be said for kids to take a hog in a short period of time. Their attention span is not that long, regular hunting take too long for them to enjoy. As long as you explain that this is for your first hunt to get you interested and then ease them into regular hunting, I personally think it is a good idea. Just as long as they do understand this is part of their training for a lifetime of hunting I think it is great.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Yeah there is alot to be said for kids to take a hog in a short period of time. Their attention span is not that long, regular hunting take too long for them to enjoy. As long as you explain that this is for your first hunt to get you interested and then ease them into regular hunting, I personally think it is a good idea. Just as long as they do understand this is part of their training for a lifetime of hunting I think it is great.

Yeah, I have taken my daughter on deer hunts already and she has yet to see anything other than some turkey yet. She does really good as long as we are in a full shooting house. She has sat for 3-4 hrs with me a few times. Just have not seen anything yet when she went with me. And I don't want her to loose interest just because it's been a few unlucky trips. So a good, short, succesful hunt I think is in order.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    True, hey guys JustDave took his son to 2 men and a hog for his first hog, talk to him, lots of insight there.

gendoc

Master
    extended time for lost interest is why I take my grandkids bird hunting in beginning season.
    we shoot skeet early before season to get attention smokin !!!! then on to bow season where my 2 grandsons shoot crossbow with me and there dad
    and have had great experiances until general gun opens. and of course, they out do paw-paw with freezer meat ...............:D
    PRICELESS

Just Dave

Marksman
    I have seen this place in Perry that is called two men and a hog. It's a 3.5 hr drive. But they have a "no shoot, no pay" clause in their pricing. I was thinking of taking my daughter over there to shoot some fish in a barrel so she didn't have to sit through a long sit and see nothing. Seemed pretty cheap too. Free use of camp area the night before if you so desire too. Never been there. But thinking about it. Any other thoughts?

http://www.twoguysandahog.com/untitled1.html

It's a good outfit run by some great folks. I highly recommend them for kids, first time hunters or people with limited mobility. Best thing is that you don't have to lay a hand on the hog after you shoot it. They pick it up, clean it and throw it in your cooler for you. Really all you have to bring is a weapon and some ice.

IM4MOPAR

Expert
    Here's a 190lb. porker I popped yesterday evening, eating oats, the grassy part/seed heads. by itself.IMG953948.jpg

Attachments

• IMG953948.jpg
      IMG953948.jpg
      196.1 KB · Views: 239

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Good hog there!! well done!

Just Dave

Marksman
    Very nice! Congrats. Was wondering about the coloring since we have a few hogs on our lease that have the same light bellies and legs and we're about 90 miles apart as the crow flies. Is it a particular breed that got loose?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well they are growing!!

gendoc

Master
    i'd take couple them 60lb'ers an put on tha egg quick like..........:whoo:
    nice hawg !!! I got'um here but its few and far between I see lil'uns.
    we searchin our swamp for them... there here, we just gotta find them.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Just joined a hunting club that is supposedly loaded with hogs. I put out some corn and some cameras this past weekend. I hope to be out there this weekend to sling some lead at a few hogs.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Where at TP?

Top Bottom