• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I drove by and there were buzzards on him, Smitty saw a yote there.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah I saw he had no head and his ass was being eaten first....ummmm pork!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    What time you going out Mon Dave?

Doomsday

Shooter
    I'm going to hunt Tuesday night if anybody is headed that way. Got to put out some feed and check the cam....might as well sit for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doomsday

Shooter
    @Dave, the head on the one I shot is at the taxi as well. Nothing fancy, just the skull for a coffee table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    Ok, back to the nature of this thread. Who wants to take me hog hunting!!!!! I am going through some serious hunting withdrawls since deer season ended.

SAWMAN

Master
    With respect I ask. Who the heck are you ?? Are you a safe hunter ?? Are you an ethical hunter ?? Are you accurate with your weapon ?? Is your weapon capable of killing a hog given a "proper hit ?? Do you have the proper equipment to take car of the hog after he is down ?? Heck...I do not even know where you live. Will you PAY me $100 per night ??

Do you get my point ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    With respect I ask. Who the heck are you ?? Are you a safe hunter ?? Are you an ethical hunter ?? Are you accurate with your weapon ?? Is your weapon capable of killing a hog given a "proper hit ?? Do you have the proper equipment to take car of the hog after he is down ?? Heck...I do not even know where you live. Will you PAY me $100 per night ??

Simply typing " with respect I ask " before you type something out, doesn't make your method of delivering the message any less condescending. Come on, relax, we are among friends, and we are here to learn from each other.

Telum Pisces

Master

Well dang. I know quite a few people personally in person on here and elsewhere. If you are not one of them or don't want to meet new people doing what we all love to do, that's awesome too. Heck, it was years ago when I had never set foot in the woods. I was reading and posting in the hunting section over on PFF (well before any of these other forums in the local area started up), when I got a PM from a very gracious member Bullshark (James), and he offered to take me hunting with him. I had never sat in the woods one minute, but had just bought a rifle and had it sighted in and practiced with it. So there I was with a borrowed climber, borrowed hunting clothes and more. He took me out there and I killed my first ever deer. It was a nice little seven point to boot. And the rest is history and I am addicted to our great outdoors and hunting. Can't wait to get back out there.

Hope to see ya out there someday. Have a good one.

If they would open up Blackwater or one of the nearby WMA's on the weekends like they did last year, I would be out there. But since they close down the public lands for hogs, private lands are all that's available at the current time.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    WOW !!! Didn't really suspect that.

ANYWAY.......see if you approve of this. ---> I am a hunter. I am not the worse hunter,however I am not the best. I try to hunt with others that not only think hunting would be really cool,they are out for a good time and some meat. I really do not mind teaching people how to hunt. However I have had my share of hunting friends that both smoked and actually drank alcoholic beverages WHILE they were hunting and I have 'bout had my fill of that sort of behavior. A continuous stream of cigarette butts and beer cans is ,to me,an eye sore.

My point is this,what would you think if I simply came on this forum and said, hay man,take me deep sea fishing...or hay man show me how to install glass ?? We are among "friends" so I guess you would take me along ...EVEN if you knew NOTHING at all about me. OR saaaaay that you have put big money,time,and effort into finding the fish. Also your wife has been right along your side while you were installing artificial reefs,charting the numbers,working on your boat,motor,trailer,rods and reels,and other equipment. Now...hey man...take me fishing. I guess that you are a more friendly person than me.

Right now there are several forum members that I have either invited to hunt or have talked to about hunting my areas. I know these people. I have dealt with these people,in some cases I have shot with these people.

Now Ian.....put something up here that you feel that I should have posted. I probably should have simply NOT POSTED huh ?? People need to realize what we go thru to have a good --> great place to hunt. Time,effort,money. For someone to ask if they can simply jump in your boat and go fishing with you,I feel is kinda...MUCH. That is the thought that I was trying to get across. Talk to someone. Get to know someone. Offer to either physically help that person or kick in some money(not that,that would necessarily matter to me)and see what happens.

Still....I reserve the absolute RIGHT not to take someone with me that I do not know anything about. Ian....am I wrong ?????? --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I take no issue with anything you said, understood, you don't want anyone who is unsafe or ill prepared hunting with you.

The point that I'd like to make is that a little bit of nicety goes a long way, and the way that your reply was perceived (by me) as condescending and rude.

If he directly asked you to host his hunting trip, I missed it, and therefore he should not have been subject to your "interview" process. He asked "who wants to take me hog hunting?" The answer is obviously, not you, so yes, I guess it left me wondering why you would respond.

I have seen the leases that several members here pay to be a part of and work to maintain, I understand the amount of work that it takes and that it isn't cheap.

No disrespect intended, I just don't see the need to blast the guy like that, like I said, we are among friends here.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Sorry. I forget sometimes that expressions can't be expressed on these crazy forums. My post asking who could take me was half way sarcastic and to blow off some steam from not being in the woods for a bit. But if someone wanted to offer, I surely wouldn't turn them down. So I apologize. Have a good one.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Sorry. I forget sometimes that expressions can't be expressed on these crazy forums. My post asking who could take me was half way sarcastic and to blow off some steam from not being in the woods for a bit. But if someone wanted to offer, I surely wouldn't turn them down. So I apologize. Have a good one.

I have to admit your post kind of went over like a turd in a punchbowl. Hopefully someone will get you out to hunt and hopefully you will offer something in return of the favor.

SAWMAN

Master
    I have hunted with a "few" of the people on this forum. I consider them safe,good shots,and not wasteful of the game. I/we do not eradicate. I/we hunt for the pleasure of it and to put game in the freezer. We hunters have no idea who you people are. If some of you are too fragile to understand that....I guess....uhhhhh....I should be sorry ? (That is a question) I am not stand offish,aloof,too good for the rest,etc,etc. May I please know who I am hunting with ??

Basically....If you do not know enough about hunting on private property at least learn enough to ask the right questions the right way. I am not singling out Telum Pisces. I do not have any idea who the gentleman is. He does not even put his town/city/area in his posts. Hell....he could live in Wasilla, Alaska for all I know.

There have been quite a few people asking to go hunting. I have responded to probably 10 or so since I have been on this forum. They want to know where to hunt. I have offered time and again to actually meet them in Eglin or Escambia River WMA and SHOW them. NONE has taken me up on this as of yet. Seems this is either a passing fad or they do not want to put forth the effort.

Us forum members that have a hunting club have spent time and money making our area's good/great/excellent. If that sits wrong with some of you, I(here we go again)respectfully say ......I'm 'bout as sorry as I can kinda be !! --- SAWMAN
    EDIT: AND take a look at the OP (#1). This gentleman used the word "tips". Does that help anyone or do I have to be "condesending" again. ---> DANG !!

Last edited:

Members online

Top Bottom