• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    I have hunted with a "few" of the people on this forum. I consider them safe,good shots,and not wasteful of the game. I/we do not eradicate. I/we hunt for the pleasure of it and to put game in the freezer. We hunters have no idea who you people are. If some of you are too fragile to understand that....I guess....uhhhhh....I should be sorry ? (That is a question) I am not stand offish,aloof,too good for the rest,etc,etc. May I please know who I am hunting with ??

Basically....If you do not know enough about hunting on private property at least learn enough to ask the right questions the right way. I am not singling out Telum Pisces. I do not have any idea who the gentleman is. He does not even put his town/city/area in his posts. Hell....he could live in Wasilla, Alaska for all I know.

There have been quite a few people asking to go hunting. I have responded to probably 10 or so since I have been on this forum. They want to know where to hunt. I have offered time and again to actually meet them in Eglin or Escambia River WMA and SHOW them. NONE has taken me up on this as of yet. Seems this is either a passing fad or they do not want to put forth the effort.

Us forum members that have a hunting club have spent time and money making our area's good/great/excellent. If that sits wrong with some of you, I(here we go again)respectfully say ......I'm 'bout as sorry as I can kinda be !! --- SAWMAN
    EDIT: AND take a look at the OP (#1). This gentleman used the word "tips". Does that help anyone or do I have to be "condesending" again. ---> DANG !!

Like I said, my post came off wrong. It was not meant as a true, "hey, someone take me hunting". I have been a part of a club and agree with all you have said. It was up in SC. And I did everything I could to get other's out there according to our guest policy rules. I lived 1.5 hrs away from my club and put in more work than those living down the street. It frustrated me a little, but I enjoyed being there whether it was working, scouting, or hunting. I just enjoy hunting with others that enjoy it as much as I do. I enjoy taking people on their first hunt just as someone did with me. I enjoy voluteering for the youth hunts that I participated in up in SC where I took underprivaledeged teens on their first ever hunting experience. Got to mentor a teen whos dad was in jail and it was his first time out of the concrete jungle. He shot a deer that trip and I can honestly say that we might have broken the revolving door of that kid's family and life so that he didn't repeat what his father taught him. I did hear from him a year later and he did go on a few more hunts and was sitcking to it.

I probably take a little more chance with people than most. I don't fault anyone out there for how they hunt or how they want to hunt with others. I personally just try to get the most out there that I can. Most of my hunting experience was up in SC. There was an abundance of hunting land and clubs compared to here. There is a very tight lid on the good hunting around here and for good reason I suppose. Can't let every dingbat in the club and ruin it for others in the club. Just a bit different than I was used to the last few years. The guy that ran our club was one of the greatest guys. We had rules, but they were tailored to get the most out of both the people and the land. Great balance. It's not always about that deer or that hog. It's about the people you enjoy it with to me most of the time. It's everyone's choice on how they hunt and with who. That's just my way of going about it.

And if you ever want to meet me in Eglin to show me around Sawman, I'll be there. I'll be out there this summer scouting on my own as well. I live close to Eglin and the few times I hunted it down here off Hwy 98 this past year, I didn't see one freaking deer. So I mostly stuck with BW. I'm always up for a scout through the woods anytime public or private.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    By the way in the video that was not a shotgun he was using but a double rifle chambered in 400/450, ouch!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OK Ian, I felt bad so I built you a new ground blind to feel more secure in.

Attachments

• PICT0434.JPG
      PICT0434.JPG
      97.1 KB · Views: 172
    • PICT0440.JPG
      PICT0440.JPG
      95.6 KB · Views: 176

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Got to get in some way and besides he has a chair to stand on and a full mag. Trust me on this, it is a huge improvement...actually I was getting it ready for a wounded warrior hunt and can fit a wheelchair to be put in it. I associated it w the wood blind so 2-3 people could be in the one location.

Just Dave

Marksman
    ...actually I was getting it ready for a wounded warrior hunt and can fit a wheelchair to be put in it. I associated it w the wood blind so 2-3 people could be in the one location.

You can use my ground blind for a WW hunt if you want. They just have to be somewhat ambulatory to get in. The hogs have been thrashing the roll barrel.... Have daytime video of a large sow with a bunch of piglets.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thanks Dave, I have a large new ground blind too but wanted this setup as the blinds get so hot in the summer. It will work as a trap too when they come in from behind Ian can hold them while Ben shoots!

Dave you home already?? get anything done??

Last edited:

Just Dave

Marksman
    Yep, home already. Got SD cards swapped out. Picked up my Primos trail cams because I don't like them anymore. Filled the barrel with more corn, helped Jerry take his feeder barrel down and went to look at the new cutting. Had lunch at the Red Bay cafe/store. You could call it a good day.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Thanks Dave, I have a large new ground blind too but wanted this setup as the blinds get so hot in the summer.

The ground blind I am talking about is open like the one you built too and I built it for the same reason. Too hot in the summer for anything else other than a ladder stand or a tripod. Go check it out, next time you are out. Just head towards my tripod lane and you will see it. Has two chairs and a cross member for a rifle rest. Anytime a WW wants to use it, they are more than welcome to.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thanks Dave, I actually put mine there because I can drive the truck to it or a motorized wheelchair for ease of access..

Good for you, is his stand put back up??

My piglets, there is another batch smaller than these too
    PICT0032.jpg

Last edited:

Just Dave

Marksman
    We got the tripod put back up the a little over a week ago. He put his trail cam out then too and had a thousand images by today. Don't know how many were just branches blowing back and forth but he did email me a pic that could be the brother of the hog he killed in March. Said it looked barred too....

Like I said, my ground blind will require the WW to be somewhat ambulatory, but they are more than welcome use it anytime they want to.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Ian, all of the pigs that Frank has trained come up on you from behind. I'm surprised he didn't tell you that! :lol:

Thanks Dave, I have a large new ground blind too but wanted this setup as the blinds get so hot in the summer. It will work as a trap too when they come in from behind Ian can hold them while Ben shoots!

Dave you home already?? get anything done??

Sounds about right.. Ambush piggies... haha.

Sounds real good Frank, I'll just tackle the largest one I see, can I get some kevlar or something?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    LOL, no one hunted that last year, time to take some pork, Smitty saw a sounder on the road when he went to his area. So Jerry is happy??

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sounds about right.. Ambush piggies... haha.

Sounds real good Frank, I'll just tackle the largest one I see, can I get some kevlar or something?

I have a burlap bag for you!! ben will keep them from eating you...looking for a tall bar stool w a back on it to get you off the ground.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    LOL, he is in heaven then!! too bad we did not get to take one Tues. The one he saw was my lookout at the lease!

Clay

Master
    Ian, all of the pigs that Frank has trained come up on you from behind. I'm surprised he didn't tell you that! :lol:

Keep your head on a swivel, Frank will come up on you from behind..... Gets real Deliverance-like

Members online

Top Bottom