Liberty gun safes giving out master codes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Have you read up on the Liberty Gun safe issues?

Without a subpoena Letter Betty has been giving out gun safe master codes.

They ask for a copy of the warrant but do not require police/atf to subpoena the information.

From what I read, I am not going to be buying Liberty anytime soon.

IronBeard

Master
    looks like Liberty is courting a big government contract....

FLT

Master
    Liberty has a good many points against them , I‘d change the brand of lock and have a friend order it for me.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    If they don't have a code and you refuse to open the safe won't they just cut it open?
    If you refuse to open it, isn't that refusing the warrant? Denying them access to a location listed in the warrant?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    If they don't have a code and you refuse to open the safe won't they just cut it open?
    Yep.
    That or have a locksmith show up on the tax payers dime.
    Either way, they're getting in.

With that being said tho they should have insisted on a subpoena. They're now basically the same as when the airlines, delivery services and credit card companies just handed over people's information without being forced.

I don't like the idea that now those agents have a secret cheat code to all safes now. I'm no safe expert by far. I don't like the idea of them having a universal code whatsoever. But I guess there's likely a law that forces them to idiotproof them for in emergencies and kids get inside them etc. I wonder if they could have skirted that by putting a glow in the dark handle to open it from inside tho. Maybe then they wouldn't need universal codes?

M60Gunner

Master
    The warrant should spell out what is to be searched for. Seems odd any and all warrants would prompt them to give up the codes, it’s not like they’re a safe company, oh wait! ETA - they should be cautious to cut as most all types of cutters produce heat and or sparks so prob a safety issue for them.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    The warrant should spell out what is to be searched for. Seems odd any and all warrants would prompt them to give up the codes, it’s not like they’re a safe company, oh wait!
    Me- "Hello Liberty, yes this is special agent Hugh, I have a warrant for the bank around the corner."

Liberty- "Which bank is that btw?"

Me- "I have a warrant in my hand lady, it don't matter, just gimme the universal code!"

Liberty- "Alrighty then!"

Lol

B52

Master
    Two things. Why is there a code the manufacture has for my safe? The FBI is a criminal organization, they don't use warrants.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't like the idea that now those agents have a secret cheat code to all safes now.
    That isn't the case. The MRC is on file by serial number and all the MRC does is reset the lock to the factory combination of 123456 in most cases.

BTW most of the major safe companies do this with E locks. They also keep mechanical combinations by serial number.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    That isn't the case. The MRC is on file by serial number and all the MRC does is reset the lock to the factory combination of 123456 in most cases.
    Ahhhh. Ok. Yeah when I hear "master code" my mind thinks a single code to open all of a certain type of locks, like a master key per say. So it's unique for each individual safe?
    If so that's alot better than what I thought

FLT

Master
    Mechanical locks do not have master codes , if you change the code only you and the person that changed it for you know the new code.

Members online

Top Bottom