Liberty gun safes giving out master codes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    banks use mechanical locks on the vault door...don't foget...you have to wait until the time winds down on the clocks before you can operate the door bolt work once the combinations (plural) are unlocked
    Yeah I was just kidding around. I sure hope it isn't that easy.
    Nowadays thieves in whole other countries rob them blind with just a keyboard. Won't be long and they won't even need vaults anymore except for maybe safe deposit boxes.
    I've seen a genius way to even get past those once. A lady was able to open each deposit box and rob it blind. Saw it on a documentary. I won't say how here tho. But she was smart as heck.
    But yeah I actually built a large bank vault as one of my first jobs as a 16 year old kid ages ago in the town next door. Had to basically build the inner forms with prefab forms and use dogs to latch them together. Then put the outter forms on once they rebarred it up. Then we poured it.
    I didn't stay till when they put the door one tho. That's pretty much the only part I didn't see done.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    The warrant should spell out what is to be searched for. Seems odd any and all warrants would prompt them to give up the codes, it’s not like they’re a safe company, oh wait! ETA - they should be cautious to cut as most all types of cutters produce heat and or sparks so prob a safety issue for them.
    A subpoena is what Liberty would be issued to require them to give out the information.

A warrant gives police the right to search a property.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter

Charlie Kirk

@charliekirk11

Liberty Safe was sold to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2021, a liberal East Coast investment firm. I pulled the FEC reports on the company and found approximately $400,000 over the last 10 cycles of max donations to Democrats like: Raphael Warnock in GA John Fetterman in PA Mandela Barnes in WI Mark Kelly in AZ Liberty Safe’s current CEO, Justin Hillenbrand, was a founding partner of Monomoy and donated $4,600 to Obama for America. And we're supposed to be surprised they betrayed their customers to the FBI as quickly as humanly possible? Boycott Liberty Safe.

1694087274813.jpeg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Yes Sir...usually either on the hinge side at the top or top rear corner

page 2
    Interesting, thanks...I never really thought about it before. The owner's manual for my 2 older Libertys (manual locks) says "Your safe’s serial number is located in two (2) locations on the safe. One is located on the top of the safe, back right side. The second is located just inside the door by the bolts."

My oldest one (1993) seems to have neither, and my 2000 model has it only inside. Perhaps they're on a rear corner (not the top) but these areas are not visible without unbolting them (from inside, of course) and moving the safe. I never noticed an exterior S/N during installation and/or subsequent movement, and I never removed them (if removable) so I dunno. I guess I'd better not lose the combos :rolleyes: . Perhaps the S/N is included on the original Liberty printed info (with combo, warranty, etc). These are in a 'safe' place, so I'll have to look when I can.

Edited to add: As much as I like the safes, I guess there won't be any more Liberty purchases in my future :confused:.

FLT

Master
    I don’t care why they did what they did, I won’t ever buy or recommend them to anyone in the future. I will recommend that my friends change to mechanical locks as soon as possible.

Have you read up on the Liberty Gun safe issues?

Without a subpoena Letter Betty has been giving out gun safe master codes.

They ask for a copy of the warrant but do not require police/atf to subpoena the information.

From what I read, I am not going to be buying Liberty anytime soon.
    are we remotely surprised anymore brother? Corporations have been in bed with the Feds/LE for at least a decade.

Also:

Imagine not storing your firearms in Gorilla lockers in various monthly storage places all over Pensacola and Milton. Learn espionage fieldcraft gentlemen. Be paranoid and prepared.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    @War-Buff ...that is correct top right corner (hinge side) rear of safe. I can't see inside of most of the ones I get around ;)

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I don’t care why they did what they did, I won’t ever buy or recommend them to anyone in the future. I will recommend that my friends change to mechanical locks as soon as possible.
    they can change the lock body only on the Elock they have if they like those over mechanical. It would accomplish the same thing.

Reactions: FLT

Members online

Top Bottom