Liberty gun safes giving out master codes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Looks like they have the regulars doing damage control.
    He makes people talking about it sound like they're the problem

IronBeard

Master
    Will not buy.

Absent a life/death emergency such as pinging a cell phone or an On-Star account (or similar), which are few and far between, no company should ever share personal/customer info with ANYONE, including LE.
    Totally agree. Unfortunately, the government of Florida is one of the worst offenders in the nation when it comes to selling, trading, and sharing "personal" information. You'd think our liberty-minded governor would make a show of shutting that down.

IronBeard

Master
    No need to read it. Search warrant was for the residence and its contents. It was not directed to Liberty.
    Odd thing about search warrants. Following the "long" process those seeking them are required to sign an oath. But, in the end, if the warrant is fraudulent/wrong, qualified immunity. Sorry, my bad. Considering the overt inconstituional conduct of the highest justice/law enforcement offices in the land, I tend look suspiciously upon any "warrant" as often as not.

IronBeard

Master
    Has anyone actually read the search warrant and the affidavit that was prepared for the warrant??
    As opined in another post, doesn't really matter. Qualified immunity. If you're wrong for all the "right" reasons, good to go. Appears on the surface to conflict with/violate(?) fourth amendment, but I probably just don't understand the obvious, again...

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    As opined in another post, doesn't really matter. Qualified immunity. If you're wrong for all the "right" reasons, good to go. Appears on the surface to conflict with/violate(?) fourth amendment, but I probably just don't understand the obvious, again...
    There is never a clear winner in the court of public opinion and we never have all the facts.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Qualified immunity is a double-edged sword.

Anyone who works or has worked in any kind of public safety service will tell you many encounters between LE and citizens is often sketchy and grey. Things may be as they seem... often times they are not. While there are things a cop SHOULD KNOW, there are countless things they don't know... and may never know.

Situations, encounters, and interaction between LE and citizens is especially fluid and dynamic. Facts and circumstances change as the seconds tick where decisions must be made. Many times decisions are a choice between bad and worse. Many times the Paul Harvey isn't known until well after the problem solving process.

What bothers me is the fact QI has been granted where it should not have been granted. With that, you destroy the purpose of and integrity in the concept. Same with problematic cops being allowed to resign from their agency vs. facing an IA. When agencies allow that, all they do is kick bad actors down the road. Hard up agencies will hire them... rinse and repeat.

People in general seem to think perfection is an obtainable standard across the board when it comes to LE functions and activities. As long as humans are in the mix, that's not happening.

QI is a must have in order for LE to function... but it shouldn't be automatically applied to every cop in every situation. If anyone thinks LE is back-sliding now, just hold on and get ready if QI goes away.

I fully realize many here will disagree... but hey, it's the internet and this is just one man's opinion.

B52

Master
    Charlie Kirk (Turing Point USA) posted. Based on FCC records. Liberty Safes parent company is owned by a Big Dem commie that donate $400,000 to Dem Party and the owner personally donated $4000 to Obama causes.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Maybe I'm the only one having problems following this thread!?

If I have a safe (any safe) and change the combination,
    Does the manufacturer retain some way to let someone else open it?

FLT

Master
    Liberty safes , apparently are not very safe . Or so it would seem .

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Maybe I'm the only one having problems following this thread!?

If I have a safe (any safe) and change the combination,
    Does the manufacturer retain some way to let someone else open it?
    If it has an electric lock apparently so.
    correct...if you change the mechanical lock combination they will no longer be able to assist you or your family if the need arises. They program or order the Elocks with an MRC (Management Reset Code) and associate it with the serial number as well.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    From Recoil magazine - The most recent response from Liberty

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 10.56.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 10.56.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 10.56.55 AM.png

Im glad they are taking steps in the right direction.

(Full disclosure- I have a mechanical lock safe from them that I got in trade from a member of this forum) :)

FLT

Master
    Damage control at best , I wouldn’t believe anything they say at this point. I’ll not buy from or recommend them in the future. As it is I’m out the money it cost to change to a mechanical lock. A company that pulled that kind of shenanigan , is not to be trusted.

Members online

Top Bottom