• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JP0311

Expert
    Maybe I'm not understanding. Just because you reply dibs, does not mean you have to sell to that person. If you tell the person you'll sell to them, that's one thing, but saying I'll take it or dibs doesn't mean anything. As a seller, you can sell who you want to, regardless of who's in line. There are people on the forum, who I wouldn't sell to, because they are arrogant pricks, regardless of how many dibs they call. Again, if you say you'll sell to that person that's one thing, but you can ignore any offer you want.

Welldoya

Master
    So, the question is, what member is running around offering more than the stated price in order to jump in front of a stated “I’ll take it”?
    In my opinion, a stated “I’ll take it” followed up immediately by a PM trumps all UNLESS the seller has had a bad experience with the perspective buyer.

rambo

Shooter
    i think if you pm saying i’ll take it, then set a time and place for a meet you should be locked in. other than that it’s free game for anybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP0311

Expert
    So, the question is, what member is running around offering more than the stated price in order to jump in front of a stated “I’ll take it”?
    In my opinion, a stated “I’ll take it” followed up immediately by a PM trumps all UNLESS the seller has had a bad experience with the perspective buyer.
    Pretty much. The seller has the right to wait for multiple offers as well. Once the 2 parties have spoken and agreed, then it becomes a deal. My little brother used to call dibs on shotgun, but he was an annoying little prick, so his dibs meant nothing. He's probably still riding b@!ch.

BluesBrother

Master
    i think if you pm saying i’ll take it, then set a time and place for a meet you should be locked in. other than that it’s free game for anybody

It's not "locked in" until the seller says it is. It's the sellers party. He controls who gets invited. You may not always agree but it's not your call. Have faith and trust you will get your share.

rambo

Shooter
    It's not "locked in" until the seller says it is. It's the sellers party. He controls who gets invited. You may not always agree but it's not your call. Have faith and trust.

well you think if the seller sets up a time and place that’s pretty much a deal. otherwise you’re just a lying prick. but you are right seller does have the right to back out of any deal.

BluesBrother

Master
    well you think if the seller sets up a time and place that’s pretty much a deal. otherwise you’re just a lying prick. but you are right seller does have the right to back out of any deal.

The buyer may have the cash, but the seller has the item. It's all within the sellers control. To quote George Costanza from Seinfeld the buyer has no "hand".

iu

Rational Mind

Expert
    Are we being played. I PM'd the seller on three occasions asking to call me. Left name and phone #. Seller would not call , finally responded by PM when I said I would take the last vaquero. Agreed on price and stated he would wait until I was off work to come pick it up. Tried multiple times to set pick up time, no response. Finally I responded to a claim he said he had a black powder rifle and 2 percussion pistols. Said I would be interested in those also when I pick up the Vaquero. Asked for pictures of the percussion revolvers several days ago. Still no response. The 2 members that claimed they had successful transactions joined within 1 day of each other and only had 2 or three on their message history. Are we being played ???????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240723_183228_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240723_183228_Chrome.jpg
      453.1 KB · Views: 37

Rational Mind

Expert
    Are we being played. I PM'd the seller on three occasions asking to call me. Left name and phone #. Seller would not call , finally responded by PM when I said I would take the last vaquero. Agreed on price and stated he would wait until I was off work to come pick it up. Tried multiple times to set pick up time, no response. Finally I responded to a claim he said he had a black powder rifle and 2 percussion pistols. Said I would be interested in those also when I pick up the Vaquero. Asked for pictures of the percussionI need to correct that, the positive revolvers several days ago. Still no response. The 2 members that claimed they had successful transactions joined within 1 day of each other and only had 2 or three on their message history. Are we being played ???????
    I need to correct my statement, the positive remarks were made by members that joined 2 days apart, however the positive comments were made about ten minutes apart. What a coincidence.

JP0311

Expert
    It's all a waste of breath. It's America, people can do as they please and do business with whom they want. If you don't agree with a way someone does business, don't do business with them. This is a firearms forum. I'd rather someone back out than risk their freedom. That's what the rating and seller/buyer review place is for. To make up your mind based on a certain perspective. No one is changing anyone's mind on how they feel business should be done. It's all good fellas. Personally, the shaye guy messaged me after I posted pending. He didn't try to Weasle in on the deal I had set up. He said if it falls through. He was respectful of my still pending deal.

Welldoya

Master
    It is true that the seller can sell to who he wants to BUT he also risks getting a bad reputation on here if he doesn’t follow thru without good reason.
    I also will add that if a potential buyer posts “I’ll take it” that means at the stated price, very close to the seller’s location and within a day or two.
    It doesn’t mean after you meet that he starts lowballing or “I’m in Jacksonville, can we meet in Lake City”?

Top Bottom