• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    I have not been blessed with being a Marine. I respect and have drawn KILROYS in the sand for them. But since Y'all are incapable of effecting Uncle Sams Result with a simple Kabar, perhaps it's time to rethink your training. Since you can't accomplish the Mission with the tools you have been provided, perhaps the ability to overcome & adapt are not your strong points.(LOL,LOL, LMAO)
    When I can bend an issued Kbar over into a 90 degree POS with my bare hands, there's a problem

M118LR

Master
    not quite sure what you are saying...

I am not offended by anything you said, I thought I was clarifying myself...

if others are hanging their hat on my opinion, they in a bunch of trouble, they should do their own due diligence...

I prefer a 9mm also, with 147 grain jhp, and an extra mag of fmj

but there is nothing at all wrong with a 1911, either 9mm or .45

I do have both, but the 1911 is just more economically prudent in 9mm than 45 ACP. Operationally the .45 ACP isn't a concern in the field. JMHO. Sorry fl57caveman others are requesting a immediate response.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    When I can bend an issued Kbar over into a 90 degree POS with my bare hands, there's a problem
    So when that's the Primary Weapon Uncle Sam sends you into a hot zone to hunt with, what do you say/do?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Is that all Y'all really want to hang your hat upon?
    There are so many other sidearms that Y'all could actually depend upon to protect your loved ones. Yet Y'all depend on Belly Busters?
    Failures to plan equal planned failures. JMHO
    No, that's not all I depend on. It's a back up gun (BUG) I depend on my Every day carry (EDC)
    I think you need some help.

M118LR

Master
    No, that's not all I depend on. It's a back up gun (BUG) I depend on my Every day carry (EDC)
    I think you need some help.

I've reached out for that help long ago. It's not going to be forthcoming! When your EDC fails your family you might need to face me if you don't have Uncle Sam's patch on your shoulder board. If you do, your family is under my protection forever. Have you worn a SAR Patch into Battle?

Raven

Master
    Inside of 21 feet that is possible, are you that good? Are you good enough to train others to take that risk?
    This Marine will take that as a rhetorical question, seeing as that kind of paramilitary training of civilians by civilians isnt legal in Florida, last time I checked

M118LR

Master
    This Marine will take that as a rhetorical question, seeing as that kind of paramilitary training of civilians by civilians isn't legal in Florida, last time I checked

Since you are or claim to be a Marine, the rhetorical may no longer be a question.and yes Rebel-Rider1969 this discussion took a sharp left turn. So perhaps you could take the time to redirect this conversation? Since folks that consider themselves expert have taken over the conversation. Don't recalculate, just understand that it isn't your place to conceive of Raven's perspective. JMHO.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Since you are or claim to be a Marine, the rhetorical may no longer be a question.and yes Rebel-Rider1969 this discussion took a sharp left turn. So perhaps you could take the time to redirect this conversation? Since folks that consider themselves expert have taken over the conversation.
    Ok, ok, here's my current favorite pistol. A G23 RTF. Took me a second to find the pictures of it on the forum. Credits are due to the former owner, Army of One

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-211533_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200827-211533_Chrome.jpg
      109.2 KB · Views: 113

timc

Expert
    Ever heard the expression that nothing beats cubic inch displacement.
    Anything that can be done with a small block (lesser caliber) can be accomplished with a bigger bore (larger caliber) provided that the operator is up to the task.

Now I will give a little on muzzle flash vs night vision for untrained individuals. But Y'all have yet to explain your reaction time in the dark?
    Caliber debates will continue for ever. Being in public safety my entire adult life, Fire/EMS and law enforcement, I have seen and worked on individuals that have been shot by all different types of firearms and calibers. The difference in pistol calibers especially 9mm, 40, and 45, is small, so much so, that shot placement is more important than caliber selection. I can shoot more accurately and quicker a 9mm, especially in a full-size handgun. With proper bullet selection and proper shot placement, I feel confident in the performance of Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST 9mm loadings.
    Is .45 bigger? Sure. But if the rounds don’t strike vital targets in the body, a 45 is no better than a 9mm. And I can get more rounds off, on target, from my 9mm than I can my 45’s.
    Regarding your last sentence, I’m not sure what you are asking. Muzzle flashes for me at night aren’t an issue, as any weapons I have that can accept them, all have weapon lights. So the target would be illuminated while shooting.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I've reached out for that help long ago. It's not going to be forthcoming! When your EDC fails your family you might need to face me if you don't have Uncle Sam's patch on your shoulder board. If you do, your family is under my protection forever. Have you worn a SAR Patch into Battle?
    No Fairygodmother I haven't worn a SAR patch into battle. And I bet you didn't either. That patch carries a modicum of self control and honor. So I know it wasn't for you.
    However i did have a _ _ _ and a _ _ _ patch, and still have it and learned how to spot BS along the way.
    I'm not in any way under your protection, moron.

M118LR

Master
    Caliber debates will continue for ever. Being in public safety my entire adult life, Fire/EMS and law enforcement, I have seen and worked on individuals that have been shot by all different types of firearms and calibers. The difference in pistol calibers especially 9mm, 40, and 45, is small, so much so, that shot placement is more important than caliber selection. I can shoot more accurately and quicker a 9mm, especially in a full-size handgun. With proper bullet selection and proper shot placement, I feel confident in the performance of Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST 9mm loadings.
    Is .45 bigger? Sure. But if the rounds don’t strike vital targets in the body, a 45 is no better than a 9mm. And I can get more rounds off, on target, from my 9mm than I can my 45’s.
    Regarding your last sentence, I’m not sure what you are asking. Muzzle flashes for me at night aren’t an issue, as any weapons I have that can accept them, all have weapon lights. So the target would be illuminated while shooting.
    So many inputs and so few answers. So you have overcome the temporary blindness of a muzzle flash in perfect darkness. Doubtful timc! But I'll accept your answer.

M118LR

Master
    No Fairygodmother I haven't worn a SAR patch into battle. And I bet you didn't either. That patch carries a modicum of self control and honor. So I know it wasn't for you.
    However i did have a _ _ _ and a _ _ _ patch, and still have it and learned how to spot BS along the way.
    I'm not in any way under your protection, moron.

I stood overwatch on most Americans that wore SAR Patches into Battle never has been. Figure that out! 74 to 97 timeline. Sorry folks, Sometimes you receive a challenge, and those that didn't challenge you. Hope Y'all understand.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I must admit, I do A LOT of night hunting under NODS as well as a TWS, I have also done a lot of night shooting with limited white light (hunting and work-related training with SWAT), using standard chamberings (9mm, .40, and .45) with conventional ammunition, along with .223, .308. 6.5G, and 6.8SPC, I've never had a single occurrence where muzzle flash caused a problem reference temporary blindness. I have zero experience with this night blindness problem.

Top Bottom