• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Patoz

Marksman
    I appreciate Mullet Hunter taking ownership for his actions. That said, this problem is limited to a handful of like-minded people who have not stepped up to take responsibility. Perhaps I'm jaded by my occupation, but this is not the arena to affect change and this behavior will continue-by his own admission, Mullet was warned on another forum and now suspended for another infraction. I'm not suggesting Mullet or the other few are bad people, communists or homosexuals. I am stating that there are a few people who feel compelled to vocalize their opinions and make everything 'their business' and ultimately, thrive on the 'shock value' of their comments and find self-stimulation and satisfaction in doing so.

If a guy is charging Corvette prices, it is not anyone's responsibility to make a comment and inform us and it is always inappropriate when one member impedes the ability of another member to sell something. I fully support suspensions and banning for anyone who can't be a decent human being on here.

Clay

Well said Clay, and that is the exact reason I left PFF almost three years ago! There is simply no call for this type of attitude and it's negative effect it has on any forum. The main purpose of this forum may be for buying and selling, but it's also a social medium where people with like interest can share information about products, and their experiences with them. It's also a place where people with less experience can learn from the more experienced people, of which most are happy to share their knowledge. Just remember, everybody was a 'New Guy" at one time, and there are no 'Experts'...everybody can stand to learn something.

There are a lot of bad things going on in the world these days, and everybody is on edge. But the bottom line is, no matter how bad your day is, somebody else is having one worse than yours, so that's no excuse to bring it on here.

Clay

Master
    Shit it wasn't all me... Just because I had balls enough to accept my part doesn't mean it's my fault.... I can name several more.....

Mullet, for what it's worth, I appreciate you acknowledging your actions and hope you tone it down and are able to co-exist with others on here, as you're funny guy who has contributed, those times are just being out-shadowed right now. You are right, the others don't have the balls and several have no idea they did anything wrong, the world they live in is FUBAR.

DaBreeze

Master
    Last I checked guns are predominantly a man hobby and men banter,joke,cuse,argue,ect.And ur comment is just as offensive as the ones your wanting to stop, GaY really that's what u got? Grow up and pull ur balls out of ur purse and remove ur tampon an insert balls back.(hope I covered all the things ur tired of hearing about)hahaha

I should not have mentioned it. If I don't like the direction of these forums, I have the right to move on and not be a part of it. And that is what I am going to do. I enjoyed most of it but I can do without this. Adios

Clay

Master
    I should not have mentioned it. If I don't like the direction of these forums, I have the right to move on and not be a part of it. And that is what I am going to do. I enjoyed most of it but I can do without this. Adios

DaBreeze, there will be this crap anywhere, it's how the Mods handle it that defines the site. Perhaps you will considering staying and seeing how this is addressed, if you want.

Mullet Hunter

Master

For instance..... I told ya it wasn't me.......

jhamilton226

Shooter
    I agree with a few other posts here...the banter back and forth on the "For Sale" ads were some of the most knowledgeable conversations I've read about firearms...it helped me, a relative newbie, a number of times in deciding what to buy or charge (yeah I'm probably one of those Corvette guys, but not on purpose I swear!) It is a necessary change for now and I understand why it is needed, but hopefully as the forum grows a better system of targeting specific violators will be implemented to make things better for us all...still better than PFF was fellas!!!

CCHGN

Banned
    Yeah, see, here's the thing.......the owner of this site gets to say what the rules are. Now, it's like a movie theater (with a slide projector), the veterans may get the front row seats, but the rest of the seats will be filled with new folks, many with families. Now, the thing is, does the owners want the site to be defined as a small group of yahoos that continue with unbridled juvenile grab ass( as it will be) or do they want this to grow to be an adult, but family friendly site where folks feel comfortable to be here and know that the site will be civil and mature?

I know the owner of a nationwide site says this, "If you want a site your way, start your own."

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thanks Stanley for running a nice guy off!

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I know Ian and Ben are considering options, not time to light the torches and grab the pitch-forks yet.

Torches and Pitchforks.....Now were gett'n somewhere!....at least it would be entertaining!

Cheech420

Shooter
    I know I don't post much but I'm not about to leave without seeing how all this pans out. Ian already stated that they are listening to everyone and considering their options. Give them a little bit of credit. And this is far from PFF...

outside9

Master
    Mullet, for what it's worth, I appreciate you acknowledging your actions and hope you tone it down and are able to co-exist with others on here, as you're funny guy who has contributed, those times are just being out-shadowed right now. You are right, the others don't have the balls and several have no idea they did anything wrong, the world they live in is FUBAR.

Stop while you are behind!

jhamilton226

Shooter
    I know I don't post much but I'm not about to leave without seeing how all this pans out. Ian already stated that they are listening to everyone and considering their options. Give them a little bit of credit. And this is far from PFF...

Second that Cheech! With every forum comes growing pains, this is just one of them...and as far as the language goes, I'm 25 and don't use that kind of talk on here...in my private conversations with people I know I'm not offending I have no problem using every word under the sun and some that I made up...but seriously Men, lets be adults in public...common sense and decency shouldn't have to be asked for or encouraged...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I have read through this thread and thought most of the afternoon about how we should proceed after making a seemingly unpopular decision.

The problem as I see it, and some others have pointed out, is not the rules that we have in place, but the enforcement of these rules.

MasterChief and I try to be nice guys, we want to please everyone, we don't want to rock the boat, or see it rocked. Unfortunately, when you get lots of people conversing in a place like this, ther are going to be problems that need to be dealt with. This is where we have shown a deficiency in running our forum, and we are addressing that now.

With that being said, rather than deal directly with the problem, we inadvertently chose to "punish the whole group". I can see that this was a mistake, and in lieu of hampering all activity within the for sale section, we have appointed some additional moderators that will help to enforce the rules on our behalf. The rules are listed for all to see, and we will be taking more of a no BS approach to protect the environment and community that we have worked hard to build.

I have met many of you, and consider many of you to be awesome guys and friends, but it is important to me that we maintain a forum that is respectful, and all members will be dealt with in the same way, whether they have 1 post or 10,000, the rules apply to each of us.

With that being said, we now have a couple of new moderators floating around, and the for sale section has returned to its prior state. I will be posting some new rules that directly address the problem of "thread bashing" that we have been struggling with.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and help in making these decisions, I know we aren't perfect, but we sure have been trying hard to do a good job and run a nice forum.

Thanks,

Ian

outside9

Master
    Ian, I understand you had to do this because some people are stuck at the mental age of 11, and will never grow up. Personally, I don't consider fighting and bitching entertainment, and place it on the same level as Jerry Springer and the rest of those illiterate so-called 'Reality Shows". In this respect, I agree with you 100%, and it's a shame it has come to this already with a forum still in it's infancy. I thought that was one of the reasons for getting away from PFF and starting a new forum.

However, by not being able to respond to a seller's post, you can't ask questions or see discussion about the item. And considering how much needed information is left out when a lot of the 'for sale' post are made (esp. location), this will generate numerous duplicate PM's to the seller, cause time delays, and possible loss of sales. And what about people who post 'wanted to buy' or 'looking for' type post? Are they not allowed any discussion with their post either?

This is a classic case of punishing everyone instead of identifying just the troublemakers, and taking them out of the loop. My suggestion is to rewrite the rules covering this situation in detail and state that it will not be tolerated. Any and all violators will be identified and given a written warning for the 1st offence, temporarily suspension for the 2nd offence, and banned permanently for the 3rd offence.

And while we're discussing rules, I've noticed there are several people on here who like to use foul language including the 'F' word...one in particular. Don't get me wrong, I worked on a military base for 30 years, so I was around it every day and talked the same way. However, I grew up, eventually retired, and realized talking like that just shows the people around you, or the people who read your post, just how uneducated you really are. The First Amendment guarantees the Freedom of Speech, but this is not the place for this kind of language. After all this is a public forum and image is everything, especially when we, as legal as gun owners, are trying to show the country what kind of people we are.

If you're not guilty of any of this...I apologize in advance.

If you are guilty...maybe you should read this again, and pay attention this time.

Ian, If I've overstepped my boundary here, I apologize to you and the other Admins.

Okay, now I'm likeing the new rules and catching on to this game. It's called "Tattle Tale"

Okay, let me think of one. Hold on, I'm thinking,,,,how about, um, um, dang, I've got nothing. I curse this being a grown up.

jhamilton226

Shooter
    So by that logic if you neighbor is cooking meth are you are not going to inform the police or your neighborhood watch or something whats going on because you don't want to be a "tattle tale" right?!?! ;) haha just messing Outside I get your point, and in no way am I saying that being rude, insulting, or condescending on a forum is the same as cooking meth either!...but I do feel its a responsibility of those on here to make others aware of an individual who is shady or disrespectful or what have you just for the protection of those who don't know already...think of it as all of us being the BBB of the GCGF now! Ok sorry, lame analogy...Haha...but if we all do this it will slowly get rid of those deemed "undesirables" by the rest and this place will stay a good forum for good folks! Cudos Admin

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    The report post button is very helpful, it alerts us to any issues that we may not otherwise see immediately and really shortens the life of the Jerry Springer type stuff that has been going on in the for sale threads.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am gonna hit the report button on all you pervs!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom