• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Good one Sean, yes, it's been a long week, looking forward to the weekend and some time off to just relax. As hot as it's going to be I'll either be indoors where there's A/C or I'm going to be in a pool or chilling in the water at Crab Island. Just too hot to do anything else.

Almost forgot, there will be some ice cold beer involved starting with Happy Hour after work today!

Seanpcola

I've got things to do at the house tomorrow but I'm going to wrap it up fairly early. After that I ain't doing squat, and I'll be doing it in the AC. I've got to be rested as come Monday morning I'll be cranking up the exodus from the airport. Geeeeez, this is gonna be a LOT of work. Did get a game plan laid out yesterday so I think it's going to be manageable.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Yep. I going to boast and show off, who's wife just bought there husband 680 cubic inch's of stainless steel grilling glory. Well mine did!! Damn she's a good woman. I can't wait to get some 3 finger Ribeye's on this joker. Yep, she did a good Job!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150619_171155_510.jpg
      IMG_20150619_171155_510.jpg
      216.2 KB · Views: 124
    • IMG_20150619_171208_935.jpg
      IMG_20150619_171208_935.jpg
      209.7 KB · Views: 123

Stagman

Master
    So I decided to get back into the archery game and bought a PSE Fang crossbow, I have hay bails set up for my son to shoot his bow into so I thought it would be a good idea to shoot hay bail with my crossbow. Well I did hit the bulls eye but the arrow went all the way through and ruined the fletching on the arrow. Guess who is going to buy an archery target tomorrow?

Seanpcola

How long do ya'll have to clear out Sean?

RH

Hey Rick,

I don't think it's been completely set in stone yet but probably either August 1st or September 1st. Got the game plan Layed out better today. I don't think it'll be a problem. I was worried that Tony might want to take the Staggering apart enough to trailer (HUGE project) but we have a guy coming in to inspect, annual and overall get it airworthiness so it's flying out. The Spencer Air car I'm going to have to tear down, at least the wings. Everything else can be flown out or easily trailered.

Not sure what all we'll sell. Most tools are coming home with me. I will have a Bridgeport milling machine that's going up for sale. It needs to be rebuilt, too much play in the head.

I may see if you want to get hired for a weekend. I've got a 2000 square foot storage area completely filled with RC airplanes. I don't want to trust anyone to help pack and move them that isn't completely familiar with the delicacy and quirks involved there.

Snow Bird

Master
    Guess I can't offer to poke a hole in a wing then.

Seanpcola

Snowbird,

I didn't mean that to sound arrogant. Model airplanes are a complete pain in the ass to move around or transport. They take up a lot of room to be so fragile. If youve been around them forever you just know how to grab and go.The average person that has never messed with one would grab them in the most obvious places that are actually the worst spots to touch. It's not the damage but someone familiar can move and load a lot faster.

shootnstarz

Master
    Sure, I'll be happy to help move stuff. Have truck and trailer, will travel.

Yesterday we hosted a bunch of Civil Air Patrol instructors at the field. They or the cadets come once a year to launch their model rockets and do some R/C buddy box flying. I probably had a half dozen fly my plane and they did surprisingly well for first timers. A couple even made a few complete circuits before getting into trouble and me having to take control back.

Last year there was a 14 year old girl cadet that claimed to have never flown a model before. After takeoff I gave her control of the plane and didn't have to take it back until it was time to land. She flew the whole flight like an experienced pilot, nailed the coordinated turns right from the get go, not an easy thing for a beginner to do. She was one of those rare "naturals" that show up from time to time.

Rick

Snow Bird

Master
    I know Sean,I watched part of the time when my Brother built a Spit Fire. I think he did it for just the fumes and I know they are easy to polk a hole in. He had so much time in it that he was afraid to fly it and only let another guy with ALOT of time flying take it up.

Would only fly the cheap ones and did pretty well even in dog fights but the Spit Fire was a NO..No.

MAXman

Master
    I think I'm gonna move just so snowbird can help. Ridge runner, hit me up, we can coordinate and hopefully take up every weekend in July for snow bird.

Seanpcola

I know Sean,I watched part of the time when my Brother built a Spit Fire. I think he did it for just the fumes and I know they are easy to polk a hole in. He had so much time in it that he was afraid to fly it and only let another guy with ALOT of time flying take it up.

Would only fly the cheap ones and did pretty well even in dog fights but the Spit Fire was a NO..No.

I'm the same way Bird. I have models that cost thousands of dollars and I have some that cost less than $50 ready to fly. I fly the $50 stuff like I stole it but my knees knock the whole time the big buck stuff is in the air.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Have been having some issues with my Bully since we brought the baby home. No aggression issues, just jumping out of curiosity when the baby makes sounds mostly. He is small for a bullmastiff (about 120 lbs of pure muscle), but we are afraid his nails would rip the skin right off of my daughter.

I havent had much time to excercise him lately, Im sure you parents know why. So I did a little reading, and decided I was going to make him a weighted vest to see if that would help get his energy level down. My mom is in town from up north so we hit the thrift store and picked up an old pair of BDU pants. It took a while to get the fitting right but after a few hours my mother and me whipped up a nice little tac vest for him. I had some weights laying around and a 5 lb plate fits perfect in the cargo pocket of a BDU. Added 2 to each side and off we went for a 30 minute walk.

jedvest (1).jpg

Worked like a charm. Guess that 20 extra pounds wore his azz out. He hasnt moved from under my desk in the past 45 mins. We will see if this helps with the jumping problem. Gonna make one for my Corso next!
    bubba sleep 1.png

Attachments

• jedvest (1).jpg
      jedvest (1).jpg
      14 KB · Views: 125
    • bubba sleep 1.png
      bubba sleep 1.png
      124.3 KB · Views: 123
    Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    The little shit, technical name for the breed would be dachshund, actually behaved like an angel with my son as a baby.
    Now, if you weren't my wife, my mother or the Basset hound you weren't getting past the door way to his room, and the midnight bark sessions about drove us insane....

The weight vest is novel for sure, I'm glad it's working out. Man, I never thought I'd spend a Saturday night sharing proud papa stories.

wildrider666

Master
    Congradulations. Dogs want to put their nose in every bag you bring home to see whats new. All dogs are wired with a hunt pray gene. That is why the majority of dogs respond to the squeeker inside their toys just like a coyote on a rabbit squall. We bring new dog toys home and dogs try to destroy the squeeker while taking a tool on the toy. Unfortunately when you bring a new baby into the house and the babies squeek, coos or crys, it also peeks the dogs interest. You just have to soicialize the dog to the baby so it knows its not a toy being kept from them or they will obsess over it. Close suprvison while using soft voices and terms your dog recognizes as affection for it apply to the baby work very well. If you use the words "gental nice or "easy" every time you give them something and want a soft response from them. You need to establish the pecking order for the new pack member. Position the dog on its side and hold the baby near the dogs sholders/neck so dog can see and smell it. Use other hand to apply firm pressure on neck and keep dog in submissive position. Repeat this a few times each day. Baby smells go from nice to sewer. Dog must be both are from the same source through familurazation. Dogs get jealous, don't ignore him. Weight pack use needs to be rewarded so it becomes a task not a ball and chain. If you run a seperate diaper pail, make sure its dog proof!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom