• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    You do realize that shooting down a drone is a Federal offense governed under the same statute as shooting down an airplane, right?

tasering people from the air & teargasing them is not?

a guy in ky recently blew one out of the air for perv-watching his teen girls....arrested, but for shooting within city limits...

yes, I know, but don't really care for that law, so I don't have to follow it.....

works for obuma....

Viking1204

Master
    Nissan warranty replaces failed engines with used engines, wow. More reason why I stick with buying American when I can!

rtprthd

Master
    My new taco came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. Used engine or not, I plan on keeping it forever and Toyota plans on keeping it running.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Nissan warranty replaces failed engines with used engines, wow. More reason why I stick with buying American when I can!

This is a fat Negative. I work for Nissan and just made a call. In no way shape or form does Nissan factory power train warranty give u a used Motor. If u have a aftermarket extended warranty or a dealership lifetime warranty then im sure they can but NISSAN ONLY REPLACES WITH NEW. 5 year or 60,000 mile factory power train warranty from NISSAN will replace with new only only only. If this is being done or told to u differently please contact me ASAP and I will put u with the right contact. END OF STORY

Ryan

Master
    This is a fat Negative. I work for Nissan and just made a call. In no way shape or form does Nissan factory power train warranty give u a used Motor. If u have a aftermarket extended warranty or a dealership lifetime warranty then im sure they can but NISSAN ONLY REPLACES WITH NEW. 5 year or 60,000 mile factory power train warranty from NISSAN will replace with new only only only. If this is being done or told to u differently please contact me ASAP and I will put u with the right contact. END OF STORY

Don't you work at Chris Myers Nissan? I brought my truck in and got charged the diagnosing fee and then they told me I needed an engine and it would be $5500 and they'd find me a used one since warranty won't cover it. I had it towed to Gulf Chrysler(where I bought it) and they took it to Sandy Sansing Nissan and they said that the driver side was extremely slugged and it needed a new engine. "The two dealers talked" and the truck is going back to Gulf Chrysler for the engine replacement and they are paying for the replacement. I have a feeling that Nissan is probably denying the replacement for neglect of regular service by the prior owner.

Stanley13

Talked to Service again and he confirmed what u said. A "slugged" motor will never be covered by a factory warranty( oil changes hardly ever done). But the main take away from my post is don't start a bash (which is where this was going- Viking) about Nissan putting used motors in under warranty because that's not what is happening. Gulf Chrysler is putting a used motor in per their agreement to Ryan on a preowned truck he got. Anything neglected will fail no matter the brand.

Stanley13

Ryan I PMed u my cell number.

MAXman

Master
    So.
    If I buy a used ford f150 and the original owner didn't keep up with regular maintenance, the engine fails, ford will give me a brand new engine free?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Stan, once again you are the Man! Hope you can get him a workaround or good advice. I would personally make the dealer refund the $$ if I bought it from them, was this one of their Certified vehicles?

rtprthd

Master
    Don't do it, Ryan. Your life will never be the same!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    True story. I made one trade with Stanley and ever since I've been wanting a .50 cal. I feel like my .45s are just little .380 pocket guns.

Ryan

Master
    I'm waiting to hit up Stanley until I get this figured out. The dealer won't return my phone calls so I'll be visiting them tomorrow. Hard part is I don't want my Jeep back I just want them to cut a check for the price that they had the Titan at. This is the biggest headache I've had in a while. I just want a truck that lasts, has 4 doors, big engine, and looks decent is that too much to ask lol. My goal was to find a truck around 25K that had ~<50K miles on it which is harder than it seems. Truck prices here are extremely different/higher than other places I've lived.

I'll just have to ask Stanley for the AlaTitan special and he'll get me hooked up.

Stanley13

So.
    If I buy a used ford f150 and the original owner didn't keep up with regular maintenance, the engine fails, ford will give me a brand new engine free?
    Ok u may need to go back and reread my post about Slugged Motors!!

Stanley13

Stan, once again you are the Man! Hope you can get him a workaround or good advice. I would personally make the dealer refund the $$ if I bought it from them, was this one of their Certified vehicles?

A vehicle can only be CPO (cert pre owned) from a deal that is same brand a vehicle sold. For instance he bought a Nissan from a Chrysler dealership so it can NOT be a CPO!

Ryan

Master
    Stanley's dealership was spot on in diagnosing the issue, that it needed a new engine, and warranty would not cover it. They have great reviews on some of the titan forums. I'll end up in a 1500 4x4 or Titan by the end of the weekend. I'd rather have the Titan but feel like I'm going to get shafted and end up in Alaska or somewhere where it snows and I'll want 4x4. Both are great trucks. I think the Titan looks better but at the price point I get more options/nicer package/4x4 and the 1500 long horn doesn't look bad by any means and driving my dad's 12 big horn hemi I've gotten into the low 20s for MPG and with the Titan I had to drive really safe to get into the high teens.

All I know is this weekend I need a lot of beer, some mudbugs, and a day at the range.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    I was really planning to ask Stanley about this Frontier at Chris Myers, but I snoozed and thus loosed, and it appears they sold it.:mmph:

xnyt6e.jpg

Stanley13

Ross7 I'll look tomorrow

shootnstarz

Master
    Gotten a hot dog at Sonic lately? Now I remember why I hadn't been in many years but I don't remember them being that bad.

I actually took the hot dog out and ate the bun and chili. It was disgusting !!!!

RH

Top Bottom