• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Ryan's original indications is that he had a Nissan and it needed a new motor and they were going to replace it with a used one. I missed the part that it was sold by a different dealer. Regardless, a motor that has been taken care of and is under warranty should be replaced by a new engine if it fails. Was this Nissan truck under warranty? If so hopefully Stanley can help you out.

rtprthd

Master
    My brother has always told me five guys has excellent dogs. I've just never been able to order anything other than the burger when I go there.

Seanpcola

If I'm following this right the issue is the truck was sold by a dealer other than Nissan and it's NOT certified. I know I would raise 7 shades of hell till I got a refund.

Viking1204

Master
    If it still has a factory warranty that should be honored certified or not. As far as I know all factory warranties transfer to the new owner.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Out of Hibernation for a good washing and a afternoon ride.. If I get the yardwork done.. I need to get off the computer and get busy...

Attachments

• 20150823_183527_002-1_resized.jpg
      20150823_183527_002-1_resized.jpg
      391.5 KB · Views: 124

Stagman

Master
    So.
    If I buy a used ford f150 and the original owner didn't keep up with regular maintenance, the engine fails, ford will give me a brand new engine free?

Always remember when owning a vehicle maintenance is cheaper than repair. If you do regular oil changes, cooling system flushes, etc. you should easily get 400,000 miles out of an engine now a days.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Engine maintenance, bad hot dogs, staging riots, and a nice 300z all in one thread. Awesome...

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Did I mention I've got a bunion on my big toe?
    Bring it on...haha
    In other news, the school bus and dump truck accident yesterday was one of the more exciting ones I've worked. I'm thankful that there were no fatalities in that one.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    If it still has a factory warranty that should be honored certified or not. As far as I know all factory warranties transfer to the new owner.

So u think if u come buy a NEW car that has a 3 year or 36k bumper to bumper 5 year or 60k miles power train warranty and u wait till 30,000 miles to get the oil changed for the first time that they should fix it under warranty? That's a fat negative!!! (extreme case but you get the idea) a slugged motor is the result of someone not doing oil changes even near regular. Its very obvious and u cant hide the result. This is what is wrong with Ryans Titan and the reason that even though it still has some of the FACTORY power train which was 5 year or 60K miles power train that its NOT covered by NISSAN.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    to get a slugged engine it has been neglected and run hard far more than normal people treat their vehicle, I am surprised you can do it in today's trucks even w 30,000 miles and no oil change.

Stagman

Master
    It's horrifying at the number of automobiles that come in my shop extremely low on oil, it makes me scared to buy a used vehicle.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    He said in todays trucks

to get a slugged engine it has been neglected and run hard far more than normal people treat their vehicle, I am surprised you can do it in today's trucks even w 30,000 miles and no oil change.

That's cute Frank "in todays trucks"

Viking1204

Master
    So u think if u come buy a NEW car that has a 3 year or 36k bumper to bumper 5 year or 60k miles power train warranty and u wait till 30,000 miles to get the oil changed for the first time that they should fix it under warranty? That's a fat negative!!! (extreme case but you get the idea) a slugged motor is the result of someone not doing oil changes even near regular. Its very obvious and u cant hide the result. This is what is wrong with Ryans Titan and the reason that even though it still has some of the FACTORY power train which was 5 year or 60K miles power train that its NOT covered by NISSAN.

I didn't say that, stop putting words in my mouth. Off to the hunting camp soon, no cell service and no internet, have a good weekend gentlemen, I plan to!

Fletch

Master
    Stanley's dealership was spot on in diagnosing the issue, that it needed a new engine, and warranty would not cover it. They have great reviews on some of the titan forums. I'll end up in a 1500 4x4 or Titan by the end of the weekend. I'd rather have the Titan but feel like I'm going to get shafted and end up in Alaska or somewhere where it snows and I'll want 4x4. Both are great trucks. I think the Titan looks better but at the price point I get more options/nicer package/4x4 and the 1500 long horn doesn't look bad by any means and driving my dad's 12 big horn hemi I've gotten into the low 20s for MPG and with the Titan I had to drive really safe to get into the high teens.

All I know is this weekend I need a lot of beer, some mudbugs, and a day at the range.

Don't compromise on the 4X4 man.

I fell for the "you never really need it argument" on a new 1500 back in 03 to save a few bucks. Then I got stuck in my flat wet grass! Wheels just spun and spun with no traction. Had to call my wife to come home from work and tow me out. She taunted me with the fact she wouldn't have been "stuck" in wet grass in her 4x4 Pathfinder and that a real truck wouldn't get stuck in wet grass. A few weeks later I got "stuck" on a boat ramp trying to pull my boat out. Once again the tires just spun and spun and was towed off the ramp by a 4x4 F150.

I felt humiliated and traded it in on a 4x4 to repair my bruised ego and manhood! Haven't been stuck since and feel pity when seeing those 2 wheel drive trucks at the beach buried up to their axles.

Stagman

Master
    I have a hard time trying to wrap my brain around the concept of paying $20,000+ for a truck with over 100,000 miles and there is a lot of them out there. Who is dumb enough to pay that much for a truck that will need a lot of repairs in the near future?

Top Bottom