• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Insurance wasn't that bad.. It's $120 a month (I'm 25) the Titan was $100 so I was expecting like $160 or something. Modifying my Jeep is what led to it's downfall and my Scion TC as well. I'll eventually do CAI when the new wears off but probably not exhaust. I need to save money for the speeding tickets i'm going to get next week....

Same demise to my jeep. Don't not know when to quite modifying lol. It was not road worthy at all with all the lockers and crap. Fun as hell in the woods though

Seanpcola

Thought I would mention this. My experience with my old smart phone was less that satisfying. As I mentioned I was ready to go back to a dumb flip. I don't really need the functions and the phone was just clunky, quirky and it often did things I didn't ask it to do. Had to buy an extended battery pack because the standard one didn't last a full day. I also felt the icons were small and not very use able with my fat fingers.

Long story I won't detail but I felt that Verizon owed me a free phone since I never took that offer the first time and some other angles. Every time I went into the store they said "Sorry, you gotta pay". So, last Sunday I went in to Verizon to submit and pay for the damned thing. I almost settled on a flip phone for about $9.00 a month when I asked the manager what the cheapest smart phone in the whole store was. He walked me over to the display and grabbed the Motorola Droid Maxx and suddenly said I could have that one free, no activation fee, nothing. I agreed.

I've had this phone one week and it's just night and day above my last one and my wife's Iphone. The battery just lasts forever, the screen layout is amazing, the operation just streamlined, screen resolution spectacular, 10Mp camera makes stunning photos, the software intuitive, I love this frigging phone.

I read a bunch of reviews on line for this model and I've never seen a piece of electronics get such consistent positive reviews.

I do not understand why suddenly the manager agreed to give me that phone as its about the most expensive one in the place. Made me suspicious but the only thing I can think is that a new version is coming out and I did him a favor taking this one.

For one time in my life I'm actually extremely pleased with dealing at a technology store.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Verizion just totally revamped their plans in the last few weeks.

Seanpcola

Yeah. I was about to dump them to save a couple of bucks a month but frankly, you get what you pay for and they have been good about keeping me happy and any troubles I've experienced went back to the phone, not the service.

Ryan

Master
    lol last post about cars for me..but I already caved.. I ordered a K&N SRI kit for the Z I won't do CAI because I refuse to take off the bumpers or do anything like that. Exhausts even cat backs are 900+ so pass lol.

Fun fact: Gulf Chrysler has the Titan for sale again even though they just bought it back yesterday...That's as shady as shady gets.....

Switching to AT&T can save some bills but I've found AT&T is either fast LTE or it's searching for signal. Verizon folks seem to get constant data but more slow. I keep AT&T because it's cheaper and I have wifi everywhere I go.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Ryan, w/o the motor fixed?

Ryan

Master
    unless they did a motor swap between 9am and this morning and it has a new stock number from when I bought it. I looked just for fun to see if my Jeep was still there. I have to go pick up my license plate from them since they lost it but found it tomorrow and i'll know for sure. The general manager guy told me that this can happen to any vehicle even brand new vehicles....idk. Stanley took 10000% care of me and I've put some miles on the 370 just to make sure everything is going great and of course it is. He called it a death trap when I told him I wanted to check it out and it sure is...you can't see either blind spot on either side the mirrors have a little circle at the bottom but since people suck at driving here I generally am aware of who is around me before I even try to make any lane swaps.

shadeogray

Master
    It is not a death trap if you use the mirrors as they are supposed to be used.
    Most people set up the side view mirrors as additional rear view mirrors. You are supposed to set them up to see cars in your blind spot and use your rear view mirror to see what is in your rear. I would say 95% of drivers have their side view mirrors set up incorrectly. I have driven a 370Z for 3 years with zero issues. It is the most fun and reliable car I have ever driven...

Seanpcola

I know the correct way to set side mirrors but after years of driving pickups and larger trucks with oversize mirrors I still feel uncomfortable with the tiny ones on a lot of passenger cars.

shadeogray

Master
    It's one of those, you will get use to it things hoss.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm so tired and sore from fishing yesterday, that it's not even funny. I don't know how many times I threw the net yesterday, but it was a LOT. Good time, though.

madeSICC88

Master
    I love going into the first day of the work week knowing that there is no way I'm going to get all the stuff on my schedule done.
    All because the people scheduling over the weekend are too lazy to look at previous appointments in the day to get a rough estimate on how long I will be or even where the jobs are at.
    Its god damn frustrating.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Facebook must have pulled it. Dead link now but it was funny.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Up in Kentucky visiting the wife's family for a few days. Why do I live in Florida again??!?

cpn.jp

Expert
    Up in Kentucky visiting the wife's family for a few days. Why do I live in Florida again??!?
    This is what I'm sayin. We just got back from a week at Land Between The Lakes, looking for retirement property. Can't wait to make the move!! My wife has family near Louisville and Bowling Green.

Viking1204

Master
    Beautiful beaches, emerald waters, great fishing, pleasant winter weather with he ability to golf and fish 12 months out of the year!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    On Monday, the Supreme Court declined to intervene, leaving Kim Davis no legal grounds to refuse to grant licenses. A district judge could now hold her in contempt, which can carry steep fines or jail time.
    Joe Davis compared his wife to the biblical figures Paul and Silas, sent to prison and rescued by God.
    He pointed to the gay rights protesters gathered on the courthouse lawn and said: "They want us to accept their beliefs and their ways. But they won't accept our beliefs and our ways."
    ___
    9:05 a.m.
    View gallery

A gathering of same sex marriage supporters, left, and supporters of Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, r …

The office of a defiant county clerk in Kentucky has denied a marriage license to another gay couple.
    On Tuesday morning, James Yates and Will Smith Jr. marched into Rowan County clerk Kim Davis' office. It was their fifth attempt to obtain a marriage license, and they once again were turned away.
    They left red-eyed and shaking, and declined to talk to reporters gathered at the office.

THAT MEAN WOMAN WOULDN'T MARRY US....

Top Bottom