• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440803829.190601.jpg

I want to be able to get a fully loaded 4x4 truck and not have it sit at the pier for 3 years. I originally was looking at 370z and frs a month ago before trucks.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440803829.190601.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440803829.190601.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 154

Ryan

Master
    I'll probably never modify it because it's too much work to get underneath it lol. The Jeep was a pain because of all the mud on the underside. I go get the checks for the truck tomorrow...time to drink a tooonnnnn of beer now.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I'll probably never modify it because it's too much work to get underneath it lol. The Jeep was a pain because of all the mud on the underside. I go get the checks for the truck tomorrow...time to drink a tooonnnnn of beer now.

Never modify. Being a Z owner I can help you out there. Never say Never. Intake, exhaust high flow injectors. The list goes on, the need for more speed and a sweet sound is just normal!!!

Ryan

Master
    Insurance wasn't that bad.. It's $120 a month (I'm 25) the Titan was $100 so I was expecting like $160 or something. Modifying my Jeep is what led to it's downfall and my Scion TC as well. I'll eventually do CAI when the new wears off but probably not exhaust. I need to save money for the speeding tickets i'm going to get next week....

madeSICC88

Master
    I would find some used or replicas of the premium OEM wheels, a good set of rubber a mild exhaust and call it good. I love the Zs

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Gas Port

Master
    Ran the piss out of my 240z and sold it for twice the price. You will enjoy.

madeSICC88

Master
    Wife's 28th Bday tonight. Woman got almost all books for gifts and couldn't be happier.
    And she gets pissed when all I say I want is gun parts and watches.

shootnstarz

Master
    Insurance wasn't that bad.. It's $120 a month (I'm 25) the Titan was $100 so I was expecting like $160 or something. Modifying my Jeep is what led to it's downfall and my Scion TC as well. I'll eventually do CAI when the new wears off but probably not exhaust. I need to save money for the speeding tickets i'm going to get next week....

Yeoow !!! Maybe you should shop around. I'm paying $127 a month for full coverage on an 06 F-150, 05 Expedition and an 89 Corvette for both me and my wife. I wouldn't think being 25 makes that much difference.

RH

Ryan

Master
    Yeoow !!! Maybe you should shop around. I'm paying $127 a month for full coverage on an 06 F-150, 05 Expedition and an 89 Corvette for both me and my wife. I wouldn't think being 25 makes that much difference.

RH

The biggest discount is being married. I called last night and was talking with usaa and geico and they both said that if I was married the rates just drop. I know my dad just got divorced and he said it would have been cheaper to pay his ex wife's car insurance than to just insure himself.

I did look up insurance for back home and it was 79$ a month so they must know that nobody can drive to save their life here lol. Those rates are for a 200/200 deductible rental and roadside. I can cancel the roadside and maybe rental and bring the deductible up to 500/500. I had it low because jeep windshields were getting expensive as hell.

madeSICC88

Master
    I need to do some insurance shopping too. I use GEICO right now and they just raised my bill by $35 a month. Sent a email wondering why and they said my wife's cars security rating or something like that had changed. They had sent me a link explaining it in more but I didn't read it.

Stagman

Master
    Speaking of slugged motors and oil changes who follows the old 3,000 mile rule these days? I use Mobile One Synthetic and go 10,000 between changes on my Tundra. Bobby Likis recommends 10,000 with Royal Purple. Some think it's nuts but that's the interval that Mercedes calls for with Mobile One Synthetic and I'm pretty sure their engineers are on top of things.

I change mine every 5,000 miles and I use a top of the line Wix filter which cost in the $8-$9 for the filter.

MAXman

Master
    As far as the oil change, it may be silly, but it's what I learned and unless the *owners manual* states other wise if rather be safe than sorry.
    Same with age, what Sean says jives with what I've heard. Fletch, your absolutly right the engineers at Mercedes are probably some of (if not the) premier engineers in the world, but engines are designed a certain way and not every motor is made by Mercedes. I remember hearing the period in the old cummins dodge trucks(late 90's) when I was a kid and it floored me how long it was. But at 50$ an oil change, I'd rather donit to soon than wait.
    And in reality, wen I say 3k, it actually happens are 4500 or 5.

As far as insurance..... I won't say that out loud. As far a modifications, well, no one has a problem stippling grips, ceramic painting slides, trigger jobs and stainless guiderods. I wouldn't put a turbo on a car I'm making payments on, and check the factory warranty(if it's still covered), often times aftermarket parts can void it. Otherwise, go for it.

Fletch

Master
    3000 - 5000 mile oil changes are fine just don't waste the money on synthetic oil if you go that route. I think these modern engines will go 200K + either way. For me it's less hassle to pay for the synthetic up front and not have to be hassled with it for 8 or 9 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootnstarz

Master
    The biggest discount is being married. I called last night and was talking with usaa and geico and they both said that if I was married the rates just drop. I know my dad just got divorced and he said it would have been cheaper to pay his ex wife's car insurance than to just insure himself.

I did look up insurance for back home and it was 79$ a month so they must know that nobody can drive to save their life here lol. Those rates are for a 200/200 deductible rental and roadside. I can cancel the roadside and maybe rental and bring the deductible up to 500/500. I had it low because jeep windshields were getting expensive as hell.

That 200/200 deductible will kill you. In Florida there is no deductible on windshields.

RH

Top Bottom