• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Watching russian "precision" air strikes. Primary impact is well off target designator "+". Looks like the same accuracy standard for AKs is acceptable for their "advanced" systems. It won't be long before some commie pilot or ground controller talks shit and a Mavrick puts a missle up a tail pipe. I'm sure it will be politically incorrect to paint a hammer/sickle kill on the jet. Keep electing spinless politicians and bone up your russian and arabic language skills. Bunch of Lord Chamberland like traders pissing down their legs and doing nothing but selling us a bunch of lies.

Famine

Master
    We have friends with laying hens - brown eggs - they are tasty but the only thing is the shell is very thin - must be extra careful handling them. Right now no eggs being produced - hens are molting.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Tell them to blend crushed oyster shells in the feed. They're lacking calcium. Tractor supply carries them. Also put a light on a timer in the coup to keep them laying through the reduced daylight months.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443732682.418568.jpg
    I say if 3/4 of your drink is mixer, you need a new bartender.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443732682.418568.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443732682.418568.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 163

Ryan

Master
    I got my picks list for transfer next. Hopefully I'll be hitting a boat in Florida or Charleston followed by Oregon. With my luck I'll get the dump of a boat in Pascagoula, Detroit, or Topeka Kansas.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    We have friends with laying hens - brown eggs - they are tasty but the only thing is the shell is very thin - must be extra careful handling them. Right now no eggs being produced - hens are molting.

Tell them to blend crushed oyster shells in the feed. They're lacking calcium. Tractor supply carries them. Also put a light on a timer in the coup to keep them laying through the reduced daylight months.

FWIW, my brother has for many years had some brown egg laying chickens in his "compound" and I passed this on to him, and his reply was...

"One of our girls had thin shell too and we took the egg shells, washed dried and food processed them into dust and reintroduced it in there feed, worked quite well so now we just make it a habit.

I've heard a lot of conflicting stories about when they molt and egg production.

Many are highly against the addition of the light for "longer exposure" to sunlight. Supposibly it messes with their body clock and can throw off their cycles?"

The other obvious one is safety, I've read too many sob stories of the coops catching fire (somehow) from the extension cord, light bulb combination and burning down the coop and all inside."

Simply passing that along, as an egg lover I only won't what's best for their production.:wink:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

you can also take the eggshells ,nuke them30-40 seconds, crumble & feed them back to chickens

Seanpcola

Babysitting my newest grandson while his mom and dad take a cruise. Nine months old and 85 pounds so far. The veterinarian thinks he'll probably live.

Attachments

• 20151003_162015.jpg
      20151003_162015.jpg
      516.4 KB · Views: 145
    • 20151003_162013.jpg
      20151003_162013.jpg
      383 KB · Views: 146

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    And he has your eyes !!! I know you must be proud.

I thought that big ole brown thing to the right of him was a huge " Dump " he had taken until I saw the next pic !!!

Beautiful Color pattern....What his name ?

rtprthd

Master
    Babysitting my newest grandson while his mom and dad take a cruise. Nine months old and 85 pounds so far. The veterinarian thinks he'll probably live.

Sarcasm, or is there a story I'm missing?

Oh yeah, RTR!!!

Seanpcola

His name is Diesel.

Yeah, he has a thing for tree branches and pine cones. We've got about a metric ton of dog toys here but he loves to gather up all the pine cones and tree branches he can find.
    In fact, first thing this morning he decided to defoliate my pear tree when I wasn't looking. He grabbed every single branch he could jump up and bite. Looks quite good actually, like it was done by a professional arborist, nice and even height all the way around. At least now I can mow under it easier.

Seanpcola

American Bully, they're wider than they are tall. If I can find a pic of his dad I'll post it. Full grown they look........dangerous and would be if they didn't have such good personalities. When he opens his mouth it looks like a alligator.

Seanpcola

Update: yep, baby boy is strong. We were playing catch and chase in the backyard this evening and I got him really excited. I made the universal mistake of bad timing trying to get the toy away from him. In the heat of battle I grabbed the toy the exact second he lunged for it. I now know what it feels like to stick your hand in a bear trap. Wrapped it in ice but I suspect I'm going to lose a fingernail and the palm is really swollen. Not his fault, in fact he's been all licking and loving on me since it happened. Been bitten three times in my life, all were accidents like this rough housing. I said that mouth was like a gator, I'd like to know the PSI pressure those jaws put out. Sledge hammer comes to mind.

Time for some liquid pain killer.

Top Bottom