• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    I got a 92G police trade in pretty cheap a few years back, really like that pistol, especially with the decocker.
    That's pretty clever, but isn't a 226 a better solution?
    This is Dan's next gun.
    ColtPython.357.jpg
    I'm not actively seeking one, but if I came across a shooter quality gen 2, 6" nickel one, I don't think I could pass it up.

Yep, they are nice guns. I bought the 92A1 two years ago to build into what I wanted my issue gun to be before I retired. AGW was out of G conversion parts until recently when Wilson started doing conversions. The release of these pistols actually may have helped me because no aftermarket dual sided levers were available, but Josh is working to get me a set of these levers from Beretta since I'm a lefty. Wilson wouldn't even answer an email when I emailed and asked, then wouldn't consider it when I called. I like Wilson stuff, but their attitude concerning this put me off from dealing with them on the 92.
    That's the first I've heard of that, they've been the nicest friendliest people whenever I've dealt with them. I wonder if they're growing too fast with all these ARs and Berettas. They should stick to 1911s IMO.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    That's the first I've heard of that, they've been the nicest friendliest people whenever I've dealt with them. I wonder if they're growing too fast with all these ARs and Berettas. They should stick to 1911s IMO.

I agree, they've always been nice and prompt in the past. I attributed it to growing pains. I would still buy their parts and 1911s, but it did piss me off. The difference in the two companies was drastic. Josh emailed me two years after initial contact to let me know he had single side parts and then called me to explain the situation with the levers for the right side vs. no reply and then "this is how we make them take it or leave it."

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep, they are nice guns. I bought the 92A1 two years ago to build into what I wanted my issue gun to be before I retired. AGW was out of G conversion parts until recently when Wilson started doing conversions. The release of these pistols actually may have helped me because no aftermarket dual sided levers were available, but Josh is working to get me a set of these levers from Beretta since I'm a lefty. Wilson wouldn't even answer an email when I emailed and asked, then wouldn't consider it when I called. I like Wilson stuff, but their attitude concerning this put me off from dealing with them on the 92.

View attachment 25384

Very nice, I like the grips and wish my had the railed A1 frame! The decocker version seems like a no brainer to me over the safety, seems strange that it would be difficult to get them / the conversion done.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Very nice, I like the grips and wish my had the railed A1 frame! The decocker version seems like a no brainer to me over the safety, seems strange that it would be difficult to get them / the conversion done.

Thanks and those are my thoughts as well.
    The stock "G" parts were unavailable from the factory for about 10 years so Josh at AWG had some reproduced, but with only a left side lever the same as Wilson was doing when they came out with their conversion. The reason none of them had right side levers done was because it wasn't cost effective considering the number of lefties asking for the conversion. Josh told me the quote he got to build the die for the levers was $10K+ which meant he would have had to charge $250+ per right side lever on what is only a $180 conversion and it still would have taken him several years to break even on the initial cost.
    Beretta has recently done a special run of G's which Wilson got in on with the guns above and hopefully Josh will be able to snag a set of levers for my conversion.

MarkS

Master
    As I've gotten older I've come to like our winters but I hate when these fronts blow thru as my arthritis makes it damn near impossible to get any sleep.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Got kicked off Facebook today when i could not provide an ID for my name there Maxx Traxx has retired!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Pneumonia shot hurt today, got the new one that lasts the rest of my life...damn Flu shot hurt too, got 2 sore shoulders today! Then on top of that had blood drawn!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    no they last 5 years but this new one supposedly for life if given at 65...of course the odds are you will be dead by 70, so that works out fine...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Facebook...lol, look me up, I have been killed off, they are on a push for real and no fake names..

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Huh? I did not think your quote was anything to do with fake names, that has always been against their rules.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Not for you dave, you know it all...LOL Who said it was a surprise ?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Got kicked off Facebook today when i could not provide an ID for my name there Maxx Traxx has retired!

I hate facebook, I am hardly on it now. Hell one time they blocked a few of my pictures which were firearms. Only reason why I still have it is because of my family is on there.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah I got back on, I do keep up w our lease on there and a lot of companies are there with specials no where else...so I stay on.

oneshot

Master
    I was told that I was on face book by our head Mod. I told him I didn't do face book , than he said, that is what it said on my face book, that I don't do face book. So that is my 5 cents jj

Top Bottom