• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    How come no one bats an eye when you order a beer or cocktail at the local Mexican restaurant during lunch, but when you brown bag your lunch and bring your yeti cup full of wine, your an alcoholic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

Raven

Master
    I may qualify as an "Unbalanced Person", but I'm getting a little long in the tooth to hike the entire AP Trail Nowadays. Tin Soldier needs to take a few H-H courses in My opinion.
    Yeah the movie was about a mentally ill guy running people off on the trail, nobody doing anything about it and then he finally got emboldened enough to murder people. But the LEO comment holds true for all of us, everywhere. Be ready. Quite a few of the movie commentators were saying "hey I met that guy on the trail... close call"

M118LR

Master
    Yeah the movie was about a mentally ill guy running people off on the trail, nobody doing anything about it and then he finally got emboldened enough to murder people. But the LEO comment holds true for all of us, everywhere. Be ready. Quite a few of the movie commentators were saying "hey I met that guy on the trail... close call"
    Criminal Minds also had an episode about children being abducted along the The AP. Crime isn't limited to "The Concrete Jungle". But like many of my fellow Combat Vet's, I have to temper a heightened sense of situational awareness with the possibility of paranoia inside the civilian world. Every second of every day can't be a War Zone, even if the dark recesses of your mind raise the hairs on the back of your neck.
    If they meet that guy on the trail and lived to tell about it, perhaps there was enough room for doubt or they where not the killers prey? When the Loins ain't hungry the game animals of the savanna rest easy.

SAWMAN

Master
    If you guys are taking the "AT" ( APPALACHIAN TRAIL),it crossed the hwy about 6 miles south of where I used to live in Maine.
    To earn extra money,I used to take my 6 place snowmobile trailer to the head of the trail and load it,and my truck up,with hikers and their equipment,then transport them back into town.
    I charged $10. each. Most wanted to come into town to spend one night in the motel and get ther care package from mom.
    I got into the habit of telling them to safe all their guns BEFORE they got in the back of my truck or trailer.
    It always amazed me what percentage of both male and female hikers carried a firearm.
    Guessing ---> ABOUT 75%.
    The hikers would gather in front of the motel,I would load them up,and drop them off at the trailhead. As I drove away,they were all loading their firearms.
    Great source of non taxable income and got the chance to meet some great people. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: In about mid '95 one of my clients was John Denver and a couple of his friends. He looked like a complete scrounge,but was extremely cordial.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    If you guys are taking the "AT" ( APPALACHIAN TRAIL),it crossed the hwy about 6 miles south of where I used to live in Maine.
    To earn extra money,I used to take my 6 place snowmobile trailer to the head of the trail and load it,and my truck up,with hikers and their equipment,then transport them back into town.
    I charged $10. each. Most wanted to come into town to spend one night in the motel and get ther care package from mom.
    I got into the habit of telling them to safe all their guns BEFORE they got in the back of my truck or trailer.
    It always amazed me what percentage of both male and female hikers carried a firearm.
    Guessing ---> ABOUT 75%.
    The hikers would gather in front of the motel,I would load them up,and drop them off at the trailhead. As I drove away,they were all loading their firearms.
    Great source of non taxable income and got the chance to meet some great people. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: In about mid '95 one of my clients was John Denver and a couple of his friends. He looked like a complete scrounge,but was extremely cordial.
    So since this has turned to the AT, pick up the Hikers Guide and transverse the trail from each direction. The views heading north from Georgia in the fall are illuminating, but it's far more comfortable heading south from Maine. Yet there are trails out west that are breathtaking even after you have hiked the AT. JMHO. But everyone should put those trails on thier bucket lists. JMHO. Although the thrill of discovery afoot may have passed into History with modern generations??
    Just a mindset.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Heading south on the SB route on the AT is a hell of a gutsy move. I don’t care how good of shape you’re in, you haven’t got your long distance legs under you at the start. If you head south first, those mountains are very very formidable. IMHO.

Raven

Master
    Heading south on the SB route on the AT is a hell of a gutsy move. I don’t care how good of shape you’re in, you haven’t got your long distance legs under you at the start. If you head south first, those mountains are very very formidable. IMHO.
    Food and towns are few and far between too

Raven

Master
    Not me. But I think this guy knows the truth
    View attachment 157668
    He's wrong. There are places to go (they just require a boat to get there) and there will be selfishly motivated relief efforts by countries looking for their slice of the pie. England and France are fine examples of this. They've been at each other for a piece of the US for over 300 years. I fully expect large portions of the American Southwest and west coast to revert back to Mexico, and they'll be better off for it too

M60Gunner

Master
    Interesting read

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Question- Why wouldn't ammo that "keyholes" be perfect for SD?? Fmj or hardcast or even hp. I forgot where but saw some in 9mm that is made to tumble. Additionally, how would you load the ammo to accomplish this? Not loading any just curious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom