Supreme Court Rules Same Sex Couple Can Marry in All 50 States!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Viking1204

Master
    Yeah, when most of us grew up we were taught the Christian way, guy marries girl, no other options. I've been married 24 years myself to a beautiful women!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah, when most of us grew up we were taught the Christian way, guy marries girl, no other options. I've been married 24 years myself to a beautiful women!

who knew that man/woman marriage would go out of style?

the first taste I had of females left me real sure I was going to do that some more....

27yrs married,over 30 together...

Brandon_SPC

Master
    We all saw it coming.... And what can we learn from this? Well we can learn that if you push hard enough stuff will be passed. I know it sounds completely crazy but it works.... Everyone had the right to petition about the gay rights. Send letters to Senators, Congressman etc just like the gays had the right to petition for what they wanted and they won. They fought harder than us and well stuff was passed. Can't complain since my lazy ass didn't try to petition against it or send a single a letter to a Senator or Congressman.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    And what can we learn from this?

That we have two legislative branches and no judicial branch.

Scalia's dissenting remarks were on point.

".....The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

latch

Marksman
    We all saw it coming.... And what can we learn from this? Well we can learn that if you push hard enough stuff will be passed. I know it sounds completely crazy but it works.... Everyone had the right to petition about the gay rights. Send letters to Senators, Congressman etc just like the gays had the right to petition for what they wanted and they won. They fought harder than us and well stuff was passed. Can't complain since my lazy ass didn't try to petition against it or send a single a letter to a Senator or Congressman.

This is a naive perception of the situation. It presumes a responsive legislature, an executive who carries out duly passed laws and a judicial branch who interprets the laws as originally drafted.

What we have instead is a legislature which is only responsive to their own agenda and those who pay to keep them in power or deliver uninformed voters (real or imagined) to re-elect them. We have a president-king who governs according to his wishes-consent of the governed be damned. And we have a federal judiciary body who are unelected but are crammed down our throats by these same clowns.

This republic was founded on the assumption that the people would elect virtuous men to govern them.

Those days are over. There are no virtuous men in government anymore.

I will not comply.

MAXman

Master
    I'm with Brandon, I didn't send letter or emails or petitions or anything.
    Of course, I don't think it's the governments right tonatop two consenting, legal adults from entering I to a binding legal agreement.

Of course, it's much easier to call corrupt government, illegal rule, and promise the threat of revolt. This same government that we claim is incapable of managing a budget or waging a proper war is somehow capable of maintaining a puppet front while it quietly executed a goverment wide takeover.
    I think Brandon is spot on. One side fought harder than the other. But please, gentleman, feel free to move or start a war or whatever.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    My point is people petition enough something will pass wether or not it is right or wrong. The only way to change something apprently in this corrupted government is mass numbers and the homosexuals have been doing that for years. Granted passing this bill is not right. We as citizens of the United States see a bill is going to passed that shouldn't and we sit with our thumbs up our butts.
    We see how corrupted over government is and nothing is done. Over government doesn't have any checks or balances any more. We as citizens of the United States allow this to keep happening.

We as citizens that understand what this country was founded upon keep allowing this happen. Yeah it sounds way out of left field or naive but it is the truth. We beat our chest all the time about this or that but do nothing. What is to be expected if we do nothing when they're sh%$$y in office? Sh%$$ty stuff will be passed and we suffer the consequences and pray and hope the next administration will fix it.....

Maybe people will realize this. I sure hope so but more than likely since it doesn't effect everyone on a day to day basis no one will care. Then the real crap will start to get passed, then it is to late.

Last edited:

latch

Marksman
    The point everyone misses is that NOTHING was PASSED. This is not a bill that any legislative body voted on. The only bills that were voted on and passed were the dozens of state laws defining for the citizens in those state what they considered a marriage to be defined by.

This was an edict by 5 people out of 9 who ruled the way they wanted to in order to redefine the American culture the way THEY determined it should be.

Your say in any of this be damned to them. You could get 200 million people to petition every elected official in this land and this federal government is going to do what the hell it wants and you peons in the states can shut up and get in line. If that doesn't make somebody want to take their government back, than we are lost.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    The point everyone misses is that NOTHING was PASSED. This is not a bill that any legislative body voted on. The only bills that were voted on and passed were the dozens of state laws defining for the citizens in those state what they considered a marriage to be defined by.

This was an edict by 5 people out of 9 who ruled the way they wanted to in order to redefine the American culture the way THEY determined it should be.

Your say in any of this be damned to them. You could get 200 million people to petition every elected official in this land and this federal government is going to do what the hell it wants and you peons in the states can shut up and get in line. If that doesn't make somebody want to take their government back, than we are lost.
    Passed, declared in the end the end user got what they wanted. We have no idea what the government would do if 200 million people petitioned for the same cause. If enough pressure was put on the government to straighten up they only would have one choice but to listen. Right now you are going off an assumption from what has previously happened because not a single citizen has actually stood up in cases like this. Not to push buttons but it is the gods honest truth. "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

wildrider666

Master
    SCOTUS Has once again forgotten the why this Country was founded. Before the Constitution and Bill of Rights, people came and setteled on this Continent to exercise religious freedom and escape religous prosecution. In 1620 the Mayflower landed. Shortly there after they created the Mayflower Compact. It was the the first seed of democracy planted.

Now 395 years later SCOTUS decides same sex marriage is a "Right" to be upheld throughout the U.S. and its Territories. Anyone with religous faith, moral objection, social behavior or vocal objection to same sex marriage will be procuted for violating their civil rights.
    395 Years to go full circle and open the door for religous prosecution on our soil.

Of the three Branches of federal Government, only Congress is allowed to write Laws. They have been spineless when Obama's Executive Branch writes and imposes them. Now SCOTUS, instead of interperting the Law as is their only mandate; writes a decission that now creates Law imposing rules upon the States and Territories. This is another extremely dangerous breach of Governmental power. The Congress must specifically void the the application of this "decission" to be interpeted as Law.

Where will this perversion of law lead. Surely the same logic that led to this ruling coud be applied to legalizing polygamy and polyfidelity marraiges, mother and son, grandfather and granddaughter; whatever allows your pursuit of happiness. It is not a slipery slope we are being pushed down, it is over a cliff.

Look in the business trade listings for a contract to chisel the Ten Commandments off the front dooss of the Supreme Court Building.

Last edited:

duchamp6

Expert
    The Supreme Court did not DEFINE marriage, therefore should not have been able to REDEFINE it.

MAXman

Master
    No, the broadened the protection of the 14th,

And wild ride, the mayflower landed because they were escaping a land where they could not practice thier religion, because one was forced upon them.

To force citizens to follow a Christian set of standards is forcing the religion on them. Maybe if congress bothered to show up and do thier job then scotus and potus would stay in their lane.
    Whatever, I don't suspect to change anyone's mind,

Seanpcola

Nope. I heard a compelling argument for change at a grass root level today and it just makes sense. This country has three types of people and we ain't getting along, and I don't think it's entirely our fault.

I don't think we should condense up, we need to hold ground.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    No, the broadened the protection of the 14th,

And wild ride, the mayflower landed because they were escaping a land where they could not practice thier religion, because one was forced upon them.

To force citizens to follow a Christian set of standards is forcing the religion on them. Maybe if congress bothered to show up and do thier job then scotus and potus would stay in their lane.
    Whatever, I don't suspect to change anyone's mind,

I don't know of anyone who is trying to force Christianity on anyone, but I see a lot of people trying to force gay pride on people. For Christ's sake the white house put rainbow flag lights on the white house tonight.
    This country has been fundamentally changed and not for the better.

MAXman

Master
    You may not see it that way, but wen you define a legal agreement between people(such as marriage) based in Christian beliefs and values, you force people to those beligs and values.

Maybe that's not how you perceive it, but it's how others perceive it. Just as you perceive that they force gay pride on you, when in fact they just want the ability to enter into marriage with a legally consenting adult, without the restrictions of a religion they may or may not subscribe to.

Now, rainbow light on the White House is inexcusable, but in today's culture, in surprised the scotus didn't tweet it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom