• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Milesvdustin

Expert
    Not cutting yourself with a double edge razor is all about blade angle, a light grip on the handle, and making several passes to take the hair down, not go agaisnt the grain all at once.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I had a nice wet shave last night. My first lather ended up having too much water in it, but the second one was perfect! I was using Proraso Sapone Sandalwood.

20130718_2108510_zpsfe9acb2d.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality cell phone picture.

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    I had a nice wet shave last night. My first lather ended up having too much water in it, but the second one was perfect! I was using Proraso Sapone Sandalwood.

20130718_2108510_zpsfe9acb2d.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality cell phone picture.

Is that a boar hair brush? who makes it? Nice stand, how does it handle water?

CCHGN

Banned
    Hey does anybody know someone who refurbishes/hones straight razors?

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Hey tenn jeep how is the proraso sapone sandalwood? I just got a cake of it in the mail and I'm anxious to give it a go. I also got some almond col conk. And yes, that stand is awesome, where did you get it?

CCHGN

Banned
    .... I just got a cake of it in the mail and I'm anxious to give it a go. I also got some almond col conk. And yes, that stand is awesome, where did you get it?

Did you get those products locally?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Is that a boar hair brush? who makes it? Nice stand, how does it handle water?

The brush is a Semogue 1460 Boar brush. The stand is great! It's Bolivian Rosewood that has been treated with oil. It also came with a little jar of oil so You can apply it again as time goes on.

Hey does anybody know someone who refurbishes/hones straight razors?

There is someone on ebay called 850biggreg1000. I've heard good reviews about his refinishing and honing services.

Hey tenn jeep how is the proraso sapone sandalwood? I just got a cake of it in the mail and I'm anxious to give it a go. I also got some almond col conk. And yes, that stand is awesome, where did you get it?

I love the Sapone for traditional wet shaving. It's got a great scent and the razor just glides when you get the lather right. I sometimes shave in the shower if I'm running short on time and I'll use Lucky Tiger. It works very well for that purpose.

CCHGN

Banned
    There is someone on ebay called 850biggreg1000. I've heard good reviews about his refinishing and honing services..

Thanks, I don't do ebay and I wont send them out,,,there's bound to be someone local who has the experience.

CCHGN

Banned
    well, I went back on my word, but for good reason...I found this guy on Youtube and wow. I contacted him and talked him into taking on my 3 straight razors that hadn't touched a face in over 20 yrs. He worked wonders. All 3 are now shave ready, but he goes to the microscopic level, what he calls nano,,,,check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMu-WEaFNE

ARgument

Shooter
    I still have the old razor that opens from the bottom of the handle... did that a few years back... close shave yeah... and ripped my face open too.. llooll

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    I am not hairy at all so I only change blades 2 or 3 times a year and shave at the end of my shower with a gillette sensor and gel cream

CCHGN

Banned
    It's funny that you posted this. I just recently got into traditional wet shaving with a DE razor. I found my first one at a flea market for $6. It turned out to be a 1954 Gillette TV Super Speed in the original case, worth at least $50.

Yfkwn00.jpg

Sweet, great find.

CCHGN

Banned
    Ok, I'm letting some stuff go, as I've accumulated too much( not being used, not for me, etc). Parker gun metal DE razor in vinyl carry box; a Weishi, (Japanese) DE in SS, 9306-G w/ plastic travel case( mirror); A Shaving Factory DE in SS; A pure Badger brush from Crabtree & Evelyn, handmade in England; A Vufix( also from England) no.3 Pure Bristle, in the box. $10 each.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Ok, I'm letting some stuff go, as I've accumulated too much( not being used, not for me, etc). Parker gun metal DE razor in vinyl carry box; a Weishi, (Japanese) DE in SS, 9306-G w/ plastic travel case( mirror); A Shaving Factory DE in SS; A pure Badger brush from Crabtree & Evelyn, handmade in England; A Vufix( also from England) no.3 Pure Bristle, in the box. $10 each.

Got any pictures, especially of the bushes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Top Bottom