• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

I have owned seven MX bikes. Did some racing. I rode a lot from 15 to late 20s. Only around 1.5 hours total on pavement. I love bikes as an art form and mechanical purity but I'm uncomfortable mixing with cars. Street bikes are amazing. I know I should stay away.It's not for lack of wanting to.

FNHman

Marksman
    2015-05-07 21.41.07.png

Recently I've been getting a lot of enjoyment from riding motorcross. I'm 39 next week and all the guys I've been riding with are not only older than me but faster too, and I'm no slow poke on the 500cc 2 stroke. I just bought a 2012 rm450 from one of my buds and can't wait to ride something more modern-day with excellent suspension.

Attachments

• 2015-05-07 21.41.07.png
      2015-05-07 21.41.07.png
      391.6 KB · Views: 205

Seanpcola

Instead of hitting the like button a dozen times I'll just say all of these are cool.

I would like to kayak. Nothing wild, just cruising. I've fished a good bit and enjoyed it, just don't have any fishing buddies. I used to hit the bridge (3 mile) long ago. Netted a lot of mullet, trapped lots of crabs on Perdido Beach. I was married to the daughter of Lou Childry's best fishing buddy and chief of sales for his company, which designed and made, among other things, the original Ugly Stick. I have one from the first production run. This is not the Japanese copy after the company was bought, this was made in Foley, AL. He introduced me to freshwater fishing. We never came back from a trip without a full catch. Bass and Bream for everyone. Since he's been gone I haven't been back on the river.

Love boating but I'm not an off shore guy. I like hanging fairly close to shore, We're getting a county ramp about 2 miles from my place. I might get something, a kayak or small boat, 15-18'.

Ric-san

Master
    Lots of good hobbies mentioned already...some I use to do include: running...ran on avg 20 miles a week for my 20 yrs in the Marines...lots of 5 & 10 k's when I was on instructor duty....Jeeps...yep have that covered as I own a 1998 TJ that now is just holding down my driveway...Shooting...hell we all do that, picked up reloading/ casting this past year. Metal detecting, both land and water. Found tons of stuff to include several coins over 100 yrs old, gold and platinum rings to include a 22 kt Arabic scripted wring that mentions that cho-mo whatever his name is...all stuff found at public parks and the local beaches. Lastly was coin roll hunting searching for silver and old coins....been doing that for almost 10 yrs and have about two mason jars full now...

Last edited:

poff09

Marksman
    My hours suck so most of my hobbies fell by the way-side..used to a gym rat and keep trying to convince myself to get back in there..every couple months I look into powered paragliding but too expensive for my blood..at least for now..would also love to buy a sports bike

Fletch

Master
    Play tennis a couple times a week and golf every once in a while. Recently my wife got into stand up paddle boarding and it's something we enjoy doing together and is great exercise. Love to fish and am planing to pick up a fishing specific paddle board in the near future to combine those two hobbies. I enjoy traveling to national and state parks, hiking, and just getting out into nature. Could care less about going to crowded commercial tourist areas.

Used to do a lot of boating but I am boat free at the moment and kind of glad not to have the hassle and expense. At one point I had two boats and two wave runners and learned that BOAT is indeed an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand. They should just put a dollar slot like a coke machine has in the console and you have to feed it a 20 every ten minutes or so to keep it going.

JBryan314

Master
    Spending time with my wife and daughter. Going to family's house and just chilling in the pool or cooling out. I don't have many friends because I don't really like taking away time from stuff to put toward a friendship. I have two good friends from my Army days and we are still all friends because we don't expect a bunch of attention from each other.

I like discussing politics and trying open people up to a simpler, more Constitutionally focused political mindset. You can literally see it on their faces when they begin to realize that they don't have a clue what freedom really is. Then they start searching for it. Awesome.

Fishing and swimming and snorkeling and scuba and kayaking. I didn't go to the beach at all during my Army time due to being stationed in places without beaches. I'm glad to be back to it.

Camping.

Prepping.

I do enjoy the occasional video game, but that's a rare thing. I'm no gamer.

Watching the New Orleans Saints and Florida Gators.

Driving my Wrangler with the top down. Especially out by the beach.

I really like guns also.

JBryan314

Master
    I also find it really fun to drive down the road and yell random things at people walking as I drive by. Nothing malicious, just something to make them jerk their head around and say "Did that guy just yell 'burrito' at us? I'm pretty sure he said 'burrito'."

Things I've yelled:

"Burrito!"

"Bird shit!

"Eat me!

"Ahhhhhhh!"

"0bama sucks!"

"Eagle!"

"Free bird!"

People's reactions are hilarious.

Viking1204

Master
    I'm also into boating, fishing, camping, deer hunting and spending time with my boys, they grow so fast! One of these days I want to get a camping trailer so I can take the whole family to more remote areas and get away from everything for a weekend.

I also don't have a problem chilling with friends sitting outside on a deck drinking some cold beer! Like watching NASCAR and my Minnesota Vikings too!

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    I really enjoy family time, hunting, fishing, grilling (there is nothing like putting a boston butt on the smoker in the morning before you have your first cup of coffee and letting it smoke for 9-11 hours) and I use to like to play golf a lot but with having young kids that has been put on the back burner for now.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I've been running my butt off (literally) I've lost ~30 pounds in the past 6-8 months, run a half marathon, and am running 5k's @ a 6:40 minute mile pace. I even got me a few shiny trophies and medals from winning a few races :D

MAXman

Master
    Ilintner, that's about the fastest I've been on a 5k.

I try to get back into running a couple times a year. I'll do it three or four days before my knees start swelling/locking up/giving out, and I'll remember why I quit. Takes 6-7 monthes for me to forget and try again.
    I do kinda miss the worn out, "talk to me at own risk" feeling/attitude I used to have after a run.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Ilintner, that's about the fastest I've been on a 5k.

I try to get back into running a couple times a year. I'll do it three or four days before my knees start swelling/locking up/giving out, and I'll remember why I quit. Takes 6-7 monthes for me to forget and try again.
    I do kinda miss the worn out, "talk to me at own risk" feeling/attitude I used to have after a run.

Nice running!

That 5k was the Fiesta 2 weeks ago, perfect weather, super fast course. 20:35, first in my division and 9th overall. I've injured myself a few times in recent months, mostly training for the half marathon...

I feel your pain, I hate when I can't get out there, and can't imagine losing progress.

Maybe if you don't go at it as hard, you can work your way back into it?

There's nothing quite like the feeling after a good hard run, I enjoy that nearly every day, the best stress relief on the planet!

It's a shame that I gave up running in high school and it took me 20 years to pick it back up, but I've made huge progress in the short time I've been back at it, and am really enjoying myself.

MAXman

Master
    I have some kind of onjury to my left knee. I don't know when it happened but it's a mess now.
    I ran because the marine corps told me to. Then it was because my squad needed someone to lead pt. during 2010 I spent an hour on a elliptic machine for lunch and still did the three runs a week with the platoon.i was motivated though, I was running through some lingering issues from deployment. In November of 2010 i volunteered to run the bcp(fat camp) for the company. About that time our platoon commander started pt every morning. So I would run or we would do stations in the morning, and at 1300 I would meet with the guys who needed work and we would boots and utes run down the trails.

Of course, I had a custom homemade ice pack for my knees, my lower back(a different injury) was constantly bothering me, I ate Motrin for meals and moved like an old man at night. Once I got out, I set a personal wieght limit(to be controlled with diet), and once a year I'll jump on some kinda machine and make sure I can clear 3 miles in 30 minutes or less. I doubt I'll ever be able to move like I did a mere 5 years ago( even of I kicked the pack of menthols a day).

jakec

Master
    I like drinking beer, jeeps, motorcycles, fishing, hunting, camping, drinking beer and cooking dead animals.

MarkS

Master
    Riding the woods in the Jeep, fishing, hunting with the wife and our 2 grandsons

Top Bottom