• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StorMay05

Expert
    I like to work on cars and go to car shows, and meets. I hunt, mostly deer. I fish for just about everything, rod and reel, traps, cast nets, bushhooks, gigs. If it lives in the water I like to catch it. Just started back running about two weeks ago. And lastly horses, usually just trail ride but do go to some shows, not to compete though.

Docar15

Expert
    No hockey players here?
    Also keeping a c-word in remission is a good thing.

Last edited:

Elvid

Shooter
    In addition to firearms, I enjoy playing music with my brother and his friends on the weekends. I like watching several preparedness channels on YouTube. (Hiberniason et al) I read quite a bit. about history, some foreign languages (Spanish, a little Japanese and now I want to learn some Russian). I read fantasy novels (Tolkien, Salvatore, Piers Anthony etc.}, crime novels (Andrew Vachss is my favorite), and espionage novels (Vince Flynn *RIP*). Also I LOVE to watch women's tennis (for obvious reasons it IS the world's greatest sport). Additionally, I am active in my Masonic Lodge.

MAXman

Master
    A guitar playing, multi lingual, survivalist mason.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why the gulf coast rules.

Django

Master
    A guitar playing, multi lingual, survivalist mason.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why the gulf coast rules.

Damn straight! He sings pretty good too, at least better than the rest of us in our rag tag group. :). :rockon:

Glock31c

Master
    Fishing, hunting, rearranging, motorcycle, hotrod, whatever make me happy at that time

Snow Bird

Master
    How much money and how much time can I have? Then I can answer. I have done so many things in my life that I wish I could get back into but NO Time and NO money.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Hobbies change over the course of a lifetime as well as over the course of the economy.... Before I got married in 2000, I was playing in 3 separate softball leagues, riding my jetski on Fridays after work, paintball on Saturdays and golf on Sundays. Raced R/C cars every other Saturday night. Had a ping-pong tourney in my garage once a month. Won a few dart leagues. Raced mountain bikes competitively for 5 years. Now that I'm married....I only have time for shootin' once or twice a month and the occasional round of golf. Still terrorize my nerves on the MX bike once a week around the property just to keep the fluids moving in it.

Seanpcola

Exactly Bird. Jogan too. My first real hobby was building model cars and airplanes. Motorcylces, cars, airplanes. Around 40 I started messing with wood. I built and rebuilt furniture. Guns off and on but never really "invested" into it.

I love fishing but it's been a while. I fished the bridge and lots of shores then I married my second wife. Her dad made a career of fresh water fishing. Dude could catch. His photo albums were full of pics of him with people like George H.W. Bush, Bill Dance when he was 14 YO, Clint Eastwood on and on. I only fished with him and we never came back without a full ice chest, and many times other boats came back empty. His daughter and I divorced and he passed on shortly thereafter. Since then I haven't gone and it just wouldn't be the same.

The car hobby was a long time thing. When I finally burned out I was done. I love cars, but I don't care what I have. I built a few street rods, a couple of restorations and a few muscle cars but I just don't want to pamper machinery like that anymore. I might take on a Jeep or some other off road vehicle someday. Rat rods catch my eye. A beat up Model A in flat black primer and a blown small block would be sweet. Maybe a 30s model rat pickup fenderless.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Sean, rat rod a Beatle.

Better yet, rat rod a thing. That almost counts as a jeep.

Seanpcola

Well, my son in law bought a 68 Karmen Ghia convertible project, got the engine built and most sheetmetal work done and then sold it. I thought it would look good painted a flat color and smoothie wheels.

I forgot to add that ive been involved in a couple of kit airplane builds (Long Eze and Spencer Aircar from beginning to first flight) and done some aircraft restoration.

BamaFan

Marksman
    Well i sure cant afford no late model full blown big block but lords knows i sure wish i could but here is my garage project about 80% complete image.jpg its fun to act 17 again wife hates it but ive always enjoyed fast cars, faster women , Beer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      456.8 KB · Views: 295

fishingjean

Master
    Wow !! well I guess I have done a lot of things in my 70yrs. on this earth, due to my dads mechanical abilities I have worked on just about everything that has a spark plug a some that don't, collected antique boat motors for 35yrs. work on all neighbors lawn mowers, mess with guns alittle, I am the neighborhood go to animal control, killed a big mocasian yesterday in neighbors back yard, hunt= fish every chance I get, raiseing a beautiful 6yr. old daughter, my Dad was a commercial snapper fisherman back in the day, an boat builder, remember trips in the gulf that would last sometimes 4-5 days, have a herbal garden to help combat this cancer thing, still like to go in shop an crank up my bose 901s an work alittle, don't drink so that eliminates me from a lot of social things, go to church to which I believe is where you should be on a Sunday!!! Going up the river on a cold morn. is my time of relaxing, love that cold wind in my face, love to deer hunt,an catch whatever fish will bite my line!!!!! Worked in Alaska for 5yrs. an that was special !! That's enough for now, Everyone have a blessed day!!! Denny in pace!!

Rapier

Marksman
    I have found a good bit of relaxation with TT, Tractor Time, I get on the 45 hp 4x4 Kabota at the farm and run the bush-hog for hours. Digging up stumps, taking out brush and mowing acres of grass. Then I build a handgun, shotgun or rifle now and then. Shop building is almost finished so I will have a place to go when I retire, to work wood and steel. I have the house designed and the plans drawn so the house will be a matter of time. The boat was fun, but had to go after my back surgery, could not take the pounding. However, running a boat in the Gulf concentrates your universe until it is centered around what you can see. Do not know a better way to describe it.
    Ed

LowRiderRed

Master
    Had to give up golf after 40 years, motorcycles after 40 years. Bowling, tennis, and basketball all fell by the wayside as well thanks to a nasty ankle/foot/knee injury. Ruined my promising tap dancing career too. You can now measure my 100 yard dash time with a sundial.

Still love to play darts (steel tip only), play my old guitar a little bit, play home poker tournaments once or twice a week (I'm awful), and hang with our dogs Peanut, Dixie, and Sophie (RIP Karma). Keeping an eye on my VERY active retired wife is more a mission than a hobby. I have a good time!

fv22

Master
    In addition to shooting I enjoy riding my motorcycle and taking the boat across the sound with my wife to find a nice quiet, private spot on the beach. But my main "hobby" since 1990 is racing. I road race a formula vee at many of the nicest tracks on the east coast including Road Atlanta, Sebring, Barber, Homestead and many more. I have included a picture since most people have no idea what a formula vee is. I am in the grey #22 on the front straight at Sebring, trying (successfully!) to get the pass complete just before turn 1.

PICT2549.JPG

Attachments

• PICT2549.JPG
      PICT2549.JPG
      273 KB · Views: 627
    Top Bottom